Answer to Nell Rose

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (39 posts)
  1. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

As your thread is closed now, I answer you here.
    I'm sorry to know a hub was written about you. I didn't read it. It must be unpublished.
    Anyway, I like the way he writes. I wanted you to know I'm following him, but not because of that hub, which I'm sure I would have found disgusting.
    Why someobody would curse at me ?
    A lot of reasons why. You'll find out if you read my goodbye hub lol

1. Nell Rose profile image89
      Nell Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, tantrum I have seen you around on the different comments and for some reason never come over to read it, you know what it's like, but I will pop over. and thanks for responding to this and you can follow who ever you wish, he might not be that bad on a good day! ha ha thanks again

tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find him funny, really ! LOL
        Thanks for replying ! smile

Hi, tantrum, I think I nead a humour transplant! lol I seem to have lost it this week. apologies to all! and I loved your leaving hub, very funny!

2. Friendlyword profile image61
    Friendlywordposted 13 years ago

Hi Nell
    I tried to find the hub you were talking about and I cant find it either. He must have taken it down.

I was with you right up to the point where you said "we have to watch him"  Now you sound like the stalker. You have to watch someone because you think they are dangerous. I dont see where this man wants to cause you bodily harm. I'm very uncomfortable with your comments about this man. He has just as much right to voice his opinion as you do. You dont have to like it.  And you sure dont have the right to brand him as some dangerous person we all have to "keep an eye on" you sound like someone who would cry rape if you got mad with someone. 

I like like the guy, I'm following him. And I respect what he has to say. By the way, I'm a Black Man and I think that "Prophet" is a pee brained money changer. So dont try to destroy someone because you dont like what they say. It will backfire on you everytime.

Hi, frindlyword. yep you are right, I totally overreacted and I just want to forget it now. I was just so annoyed that he wrote a hub about me, and I just got mad. and no I am not usually the type to jump at something like this, he just got me on a bad day, I was told that he was a bit of a trouble maker, and had continued to cause trouble for people after the event. but now I am fed up of the whole thing. But i will just say that saying I rape is pathetic, and over the top. this man put my picture up and wrote about me, perhaps if he had been polite in his comments in the first place this wouldn't have happened. manners cost nothing, I would have liked to have a decent discussion not to be slated by someone I don't know. enough said. that's the end of it.

1. Friendlyword profile image61
        Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I sorry to offend you. I like you too. I dont understand the problem with the picture. You look like everybody's Mother(or, at least, everyones' favorite Aunt)!

By the way, that black hole hub was great! I understood the point you were trying to make. However, you should expect more negative comments on that subject. You put some peoples' basic beliefs into question.

Hi, thanks for that, I really appreciate it. i'll just explain that the hub was based on a new scientific TV programme that i scribbled notes down as it was on. I know some people may not like or believe in this theory but it is just another part of science that could well be a possibility. Everybody has their own beliefs in religion or the universe, and I didn't mean to tread on any toes. I was just reporting it. everybody's idea's are very important. And thanks for liking the hub.

1. profile image0
            shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should worry when people dont talk about you... What trouble have you caused now Nell? *wink* lol

Hiya, I got insulted, I bit back, he wrote a hub about me, I jumped even higher, now I feel like an idiot! in a nutshell, totally mortified, holding my head down like a fool! hows your day been? ha ha

Don't feel that way ! LOL It's understandable. Next time you'll laugh !

Yep, and I won't jump so high! ha ha thanks for putting me straight.

2. profile image0

Oh well... you know the usual.... adsense disabled, and all that ... but hey ho! LOL (actually all that is resolved, but thought that I would try and get one up and make you feel better *wink*).. 

Dont worry about it Nell... the turnover here on the forum is so fast, people will have forgotten within a week!

Nice to see you around mate!  Maybe you just need a holiday - maybe somewhere mystical and magical????

x

Hi, shaz, I am on my way! you get the drink, i'll bring the broomstick! and of to Stonehenge we go! ha ha

2. wyanjen profile image69
            wyanjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Astronomy is a subject that triggers some pretty big religious battles.
            I maybe understand why... but I can only shake my head about it.

I have a second account here at HP to publish my astronomy stuff, because I don't want it to seem like I have an agenda.
            As bizarre as it may seem, I have no doubt that is exactly what would happen if I put those hubs under the same account that I use to write about religion. I don't equate one with the other myself.

It's crazy. *shrug*

I'm glad you're smiling again wink

Hi, wyanjen, I hadn't even thought about the religious side. perhaps I am naive. to me religion and science are not connected and in other ways they are. my opinion is that God made everything, so whatever comes up in the way of science however it is strange or different, it is just part of Gods plan and ingredients if you like. I don't think there is a problem. If I was talking about religion here on earth then there may be a problem with different beliefs but out there in Space nobody really knows whats going on, it is just a great mystery. thanks for your concern. I am chilled out now, I think! ha ha

1. wyanjen profile image69

hee hee
                Yeah, you're good.
                Don't feel bad about getting upset, either. That was quite an attack.

smile

Sticks and stones and well, sticks and stones! ha ha thanks again

2. profile image0

How odd is that!  My mystical comment was before I read the astronomy comment and I had no idea that is what it was all about *enters the twighlight zone*

3. wyanjen profile image69
  3. fatfist profile image68
    fatfistposted 13 years ago

Wow! I got up this morning and all hell seems to have broken loose. And all this over Black Holes, which by definition, do not exist. Does a hole in a donut exist? I’ve never managed to ever eat a donut hole. By the time I’m finished eating the donut, the black hole seems to have gone!

Nell,

I didn’t realize you got so upset about my hub that “showed” our conversation which was deleted by you. Censoring people does not belong in a civil society. So I used my civil liberties to publish our conversation....that’s all. I didn’t know it was a crime to do that. And the HP team didn't tell me it was a crime either.

Anyway, the HP team told me to delete your copyrighted material from my hub, and then I can re-publish it. But after reading how upset you got, I don’t think it would be a good idea. All my hubs are geared towards challenging people to “think”, and to evaluate claims with “logic”, and “reason”. I don’t write hubs to upset people, only to get them to think, with a little humor on the side.

Absolutely NONE of my hubs make threats, racist, or sexual gender remarks, and I do not censor anyone. I find such actions totally unacceptable!

If our conversation upset you, Nell, then I really don’t want to re-publish it again. It’s just not worth it for somebody to be losing sleep over Black Holes.

So please, let me know what you want me to do, as I have to respond to the HP team whether I want the hub kept (and fixed) or deleted. I will do whatever makes you feel better.

I didn’t mean to upset you, and I’m glad you are feeling better. I actually enjoyed reading many of your hubs. Cheer up, and don't ever let any human ape upset you, especially me smile

cool

2. Nell Rose profile image89

Hi, fatfist, I don't know what to say. I think that probably it was a bit of fault on either side really, I saw your comments on my hub and i must admit I got annoyed because you wouldn't see my side of it. And on my part of problem was that I fly of the handle and jump from one to ten, in other words suffer from mental constipation and verbal diarhia! open mouth spill it out! I just think that because you answered my answer with another full length pull apart hub, I thought it was an attack and I went into full terminator mode. I was fine until I saw my picture and your hub. If you had written it a bit more equal, for example maybe seeing it from my side of view, seeing as I got the information for the hub straight from the scientists on the tv, then I would have seen the funny side. I have always been like that, jump in like a mini rottweiler! I apologise. There you have it! lol I think if I had known you and had read your stuff before I would have known what you were like, but because you appeared out of nowhere, in my view attacked, then I got all defensive. I will know in future. I usually keep out of the forums, well most of the time, and this time it was two in the morning, and my brain had lost it's confidence, common sense and mojo! so if you want to publish it, go ahead, but just remember that I wrote this hub after watching it on tv, scribbling down notes, and sometimes not writing it in full detail properly. okay? I think I need a whisky now, got any? lol

4. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 13 years ago

There you go.

I'm pretty careful about who I follow, but the both of you are on my list.

FF, I was pretty bummed out about the hub - Nell is a total sweetheart.
    When I saw it I said "WHAAAAT-?!?!?" lol

It's cool you came over to explain.

smile

Hi, wyanjen, thank you so much for saying that, I know I jump on the broomstick sometimes! lol but I think we both, me and fatfist, got of on the wrong footing! (understatement! LOL) thanks again

2. fatfist profile image68
      fatfistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

(It's cool you came over to explain.)

You should know me by now wyanjen. I am religious in demanding "explanations" whenever people post in my hubs.
      I should at least "practice" what I "preach"...LOL

1. wyanjen profile image69

wink

Normally, when something like this goes on, I skip over it and go on with my day.
        But I know the both of you well enough that I was bummed out by it.

This ordeal was not typical forum drama stuff lol
        So, I chimed in a little.

All's well that ends well.

Thanks again

5. fatfist profile image68
    fatfistposted 13 years ago

Nell,

No worries! Water under the bridge. My apologies too. Life's too short to let people upset you.

My hubs are geared towards "challenging" people. But yes, many people do "view" them as attacks, and its understandable. Oh well, such is life.

Actually Nell, I do not want re-publish that same hub. You are a sweet lady who misunderstood me, and after what you went thru, I just cannot bring myself to publish our conversation.

What I will do instead, is write another hub on Black Holes, without any reference to you, our conversation, or your hub.

(I think I need a whisky now, got any?)

Cardhu 12 yr
    Scapa 14 yr
    McCallan 21 yr
    Some of my favorites!

See....we do have something in common smile smile

Cheers, and to your health.

Hi, again, thanks I will have two of Jack Daniels! bottles that is! lol I am sorry for being such a wuss! (English term for a weak pathetic person!! lol) it don't happen very often. I am usually the one that lets it all slide over my back like a duck with water. Does water go over a ducks back? well whatever, I think we have a truce now! ha ha where's me white flag? don't know, I threw it away with the England flag for the football! I will come over and take a look when you have written it, and promise to be good! ha ha thanks nell

p.s. I said it as though you were American, but reading your writing me thinks you may be Olde English? or perhaps not?

1. fatfist profile image68
        fatfistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nell,

(I will come over and take a look when you have written it, and promise to be good! ha ha thanks nell)

You are always welcome, Nell. But please, just take what I say in my hubs with a grain of salt. My hubs are meant to "challenge" the mind. I don't mean any ill will. Since our species relies heavily on emotions, they sometimes get in the way and cause us grief. It happens to the best of us. I don't blame you for anything, and please don't blame yourself either.

I had a similar issue with user "spiderpam" just last week. She viewed me as the typical atheist who hates theists. But after I showed her that I wanted to challenge her mind, get her to think, and have her challenge me back....let's just say, that we now have a better understanding of each other....and most importantly, more respect for each other.

(think we have a truce now! ha ha where's me white flag?)

No white flag necessary. Next time I’m in London to visit my cousins, dinner and drinks are on me for you and your husband! I read some of your hubs Nell. And I must say, I have a better understanding of you. You are a very nice person. Unfortunately, I don’t have any personal info in my hubs, so I can’t be fairly judged on face value alone.
        Sorry again....and please, let's forget about it smile

(p.s. I said it as though you were American, but reading your writing me thinks you may be Olde English?)

My dad’s English, and darn proud. My mom is Canadian, from Quebec, and she can be quite feisty. But with age, they have become calmer. Let’s just say that at times, I had to keep the peace in the household while I was growing up smile

1. Friendlyword profile image61

Ok...this is the first time I've seen something discussed and actually resolved. Wow! All the best to you two. I'll see you on the forums.

Hi, again yes it was just a stupid misunderstanding. I don't like bad feeling even in 'real' life. And as this was my first 'spat' so to speak, I don't think i handled it very well!! lol seeya back here in a more refined way! ha ha

2. Nell Rose profile image89

Hi, fatfist, thanks again for coming back. I know what you mean about personalities coming across on here. I sometimes forget that I am 'talking' to someone across the other side of the world! and I look forward to reading some more of your hubs. Oh, and when you come over? I'll get the drinks in! Nell

2. Friendlyword profile image61

NO! NO! NO! I WANT TO SEE THIS HUB!
      Some of us dont even know what all the fuss is about. You want us to die not knowing?  OK?

Ha ha, got you interested now! tell you what, just go over and read the other one about God? then just change the appropriate words. it was very similar apart from saying God, the words were Black Holes etc. not exactly the same, but you can use your imagination! And can we drop it now please? it's getting a bit stale now! lol

6. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

big_smile big_smile big_smile

7. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Nell Rose:
    I believe you had/have every right to your feelings. When a person is offended, it's usually because somebody else has offended them....as with 'when one is attacked, one usually gets defensive' (not necessarily meaning your particular incident).  So, your feelings are justified. There's no such thing as a wrong feeling, whether good or bad, they come & go; as human emotions are part of life. You were only kicking into defense mode because your beliefs were challenged, or attacked (I don't know which because I didn't read it).  I was told once  "....you disgust me with your blah blah blah....." So someone finds me disgusting? Gosh darnit, what a shame!  My first reaction was to buck up and fight back because I felt it was a personal attack, but I withheld. Actually, I found it cut pretty deep & made me angry.  Then I realized and reminded myself, it's just another rude assault, another view of how someone insignificant sees me as an individual. So don't like me, I don't care. Don't like what I believe in, that's okay.  But I refuse to be rude in the same fashion.  So I decided to blow it off. And I did.

There's one saying that I still think about to this day.  "Let it roll off like water on a duck's back."

Hiya, I was just over on your hub! thank you, that is exactly right. but sometimes as you say, we should just breath in, count to ten and forget it. I usually do, but I think he punched the wrong button! but it is fine now, thank you

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)