Happy 4th of July!!!! What being a Patriot means...

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 13 years ago

If  there is anyone that doesn't understand the patriot/conservative view, here is a post that explains freedom and liberty from one facet of that perspective

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/2010/07 … e-forever/

I choose to look for the aspects that can be agreed upon in any  particular perspective...gotta start somewhere smile

1. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You just don't get it Sparkling. America is a fascist state controlled by the major banks and their backers. These control the nations and do so through the private central bank including the Federal Reserve Bank.

Conservative is not neo conservative. Conservatives are slow to war, slow to spend. Neoconservatives are massive spenders wanting world domination.

Neoconservatives control both parties. They get their marching orders from big oil and big  finance. The two are most observable in the Rockefeller family. These people want a unified trading world. Leaders include Hillary Clinton, George HW Bush, and even the Tea Party.

Hennessey, the flake who founded the Tea Party sucks up to Larry Kudlow on CNBC and these are bank lovers. The racist Tea Party blames the poor and brown for the credit crisis. Truth is the banks caused the credit crisis. I think you should read this:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Banking-Scam-El … et-Expense

1. Sab Oh profile image55
        Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"America is a fascist state controlled by the major banks and their backers. "

roll

*sigh* You'd think folks could give the craziness a rest just for this one important day. Plenty of time for hysterical nonsense tomorrow.

It is not crazy. Read. It is beyond partisanship. The leaders of this country have sold the middle class out. The banking class is richer than before the recession. If you can't see it I can't help you. You must be one of those rich guys. Oh, if you aren't, then you are talking against your own self interest.

I always like to see the working poor defending the richest Americans. It reinforces my belief that propaganda works and is alive and well in the USA.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why would I blame the banker for anything?  I use banks - always have - but haven't paid a fee to them for over 2 decades.  They were instrumental and necessary for me to "own" my own home via the mortgage that I openly and willingly agreed to pay them back for.  They haven't stolen anything from me.

The folks that somehow agree to pay a bank money and then want to renege on their agreement and blame the bank for their own stupidity are hilarious.  If you don't want a mortgage or other loan, DON'T TAKE IT.  If it's a bad deal for you DON'T TAKE IT.  If it will cost more than you can afford then DON'T TAKE IT.  Simple, really.

Did you buy before the bubble? So they didn't swindle you? Good, but many were swindled. And if the 30 year mortgage goes away what if you can't sell your house? It is being discussed.

The banks will get a lot of their property back by scam. That is what they do. Read this with the links and understand what the repeal of Glass-Steagall actually did: http://hubpages.com/hub/Banking-Scam-El … et-Expense

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All I understand from that is that whoever wrote it is not anyone I can respect on any level.

And no, I don't understand "patriotism", at least not the unintelligent sort ballyhooed about at Tea Party rallies.   That's nothing to be proud if; it's just bullying and forced conformance.

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
        SparklingJewelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...it appears in most instances to be the Spirit of Patriotism which is not understood. The only way to understand that is to seek it...finding where it is only words and perceptions first, that divide people... smile

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
          Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then if that doesn't work, you can spit on elected officials (if they are democrats) and call them racist and homophobic names. When you are finished, wrap yourself in the flag - straighten any religous pins or crosses and return to your 'patriotism'.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
            Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or you can claim those things happened but be unable to prove them...

2. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

I understand the conservative point of view and I reject it. So did Thomas Jefferson.

"These revenues will be levied entirely on the rich, the business of household manufacture being now so established that the farmer and laborer clothe themselves entirely. The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole
    taxes of the General Government are levied.

The poor man, who uses nothing but what
    is made in his own farm or family, or within
    his own country, pays not a farthing of tax
    to the General Government...

Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the
    public debt, and its surplus applied to canals,
    roads, schools, &c., the farmer will see his
    government supported, his children educated,
    and the face of his country made a paradise
    by the contributions of the rich alone, without
    his being called on to spend a cent from his
    earnings." * —

To General Kosciusko. Washington ed. v, 586.
    (M. 1811)

Thomas Jefferson believed that the yoke of taxation should fall on the rich for the benefit of the working man. It's indisputable. That he supported the separation of church and state is also indisuptable. Wingnuts pick and choose from TJ's writings and ignore the comprehensive legacy of his political philosophy - except where some school boards (like in Texas) have begun writing Thomas Jefferson out of the history books.

Though teabaggers like to play dress-up and wrap themselves in the flag, their philosphy has more in common with the swastika than the stars and bars. As a patriot and veteran, I will oppose religious, neo-con, wingnut kooks until the day I die. I'm sure I didn't offend any religious, neo-con, wingnut kooks because you can't find them on hubpages. Right?

3. MikeNV profile image66
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

"These control the nations and do so through the private central bank including the Federal Reserve Bank."

When you control the money you control the people... PERIOD.

This is why politics just don't matter... and this is why we have a $13 Trillion Dollar National Deficit and $26 Trillion in Consumer debt.

The reality is debt continues to soar... and it just doesn't matter who has been or will be in office... Republican or Democrat.  Because the debt just keeps building and building... and it's very close to imploding.

Politics is a distraction to get people fighting one against the other while the Bankers go along their happy ways of getting anything they want by buying whomever they want.

Sad for them their system of Fractional Reserve Banking is built to collapse... the "Bad Times" are just beginning.

The only thing "Crazy" about your statements are that the average person is just to ignorant and uneducated to understand how the Federal Reserve/Central Banks operate and who controls them.

How many "Sane" people don't have a mortgage, car payments, insurance payments, etc.  The profits of labor all flow like an inverse funnel to the Bankers.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now here I can agree with you big_smile

1. Paraglider profile image89
        Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So can I.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup. Still - all the time you have "patriots" like SJ here defending the faith..... wink

4. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 13 years ago

...and still a few people attack an opinion (and worse, a person) instead of looking to the answers...hmm

thank you to the others that had something constructive and unifying to say...smile

Who has read "The Creature of Jelkyll Island" ?

I haven't finished it yet...but what is coming is the need to have sound ideas and actions to take to keep the economy from totally collapsing while transitioning to a more sound economic free market system.. yes???

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)