The DNC must be getting nervous

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (91 posts)
  1. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

The NAACP is in the process of drafting a resolution calling the Tea Party a racist group.

The Tea Party responds with a resolution of its own condemning the civil rights group for reducing itself to a "bigoted" and "partisan attack dog organization.

What do you think?

1. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Many Tea Party people are racist. They believe subprime buyers for the credit crisis instead of the bankster cartel that planned and carried out the scam.

The Tea Party leader, Hennessey, is hanging out with CNBC's Kudlow who is the paid shill for the big banks.

I have a hub on it. You could learn something if you stop by to read it, Jim.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

{crickets}

Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't expect you to respond there are no misdemeanors involved.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think Ron is correctly replecting a general lack of interest in the Tea party and their activites. They used to be kind of weirdly amusing.  Now they are just a joke.

I think Ron was pointing out that nothing was being said on this thread.

I have seen him do it before on other subjects.

The Tea Party gets a lot of attention so somebody on the left is taking them serious.

The one thing the Republicans have going for them is fact that nobody likes the Democrats.

We will see what happens soon.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
            psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They get lots of media attention, but then so does Lindsay Lohan--that doesn't make her important.

p.s. I like the democrats just fine.

Lindsay Lohan doesn't have a hand in creating law but the most anonymous Republican in office does.

Have you ever heard of Jeff Flake? He is a US Republican congressman who I dare say alone is not very important at all.

But as part of a group, well you get the idea.

Maybe I shouldn't have said nobody because you clearly are a somebody.

2. Pcunix profile image91
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we will.  And at other times, in other countries and in our own, we have seen very bad decisions made by Ill informed and well manipulated voters.

At other times, we have seen people rise above their base instincts and move forward.

We will indeed see what happens soon.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
            Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hate to see someone start a thread and get no response.  Feeling sorry for the OPs, I give it a sympathy bump.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Which in effect means the Republicans have less than nothing.  A poll out today states that 57% of Americans have an unfavorable view of Obama - that's pretty bad.  67% have an unfavorable view of Democrats - that's even worse.  So far it sounds like a golden opportunity for Republicans.  The problem is 73% have an unfavorable view of them.

They have the same problem they've had for years.  They spend time saying what they're against, but can't articulate anything they are for...

Much like the conservatives who post here.  Lot's of anger; nothing positive.

Grrrrrr I'm angry, I think the anger is coming from your side, constant name calling from the left on hubpages.

I don't know what poll you are talking about but I believe it must be out there.

Polls I have seen show the Republicans hold a double digit lead over the Democrats for the November elections.

Which one is correct?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

They aren't necessarily contradictory, they measure different things -(feelings about parties don't always translate into votes).

Like I have said we will see in November.

3. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I think most of us have seen the Tea Party for what it is. Some apparently like what they see.

In my neck of the woods, the TP crowd is not people I respect and admire, but I'm not among their favorites either. 

It may be different where you are, of course.

What are Tea Party members?

1. Pcunix profile image91

Oh, you want to play semantics...

"Members" in this context means the people who are part of the group that promotes or self-identifies with the Tea Party.

Do you really need to quibble over everything?

"I think most of us have seen the Tea Party for what it is."

I'm not interested in semantics the Tea party is made up of members.

You wrote what is quoted above,I was just wanting you to explain it.

With absolutely no intent of sarcasm, exactly what is it that you do not understand?

You understand that I think TP members are sometimes, perhaps often,  not people who I respect or admire?

You understand that my impression may be clouded by exposure to certain representative examples I live near?

You understand that I will allow the possibility that my sampling does not fairly represent the group?

"I think most of us have seen the Tea Party for what it is."

Are you able to tell me what you mean?

In the quote above you said "us" so what do "us"  think the Tea party is?

Oh, more games..

"us" is you and me and everyone else, Jim.  I've seen the TP.  I've seen them on TV and I've seen them here in my own community.   I'm sure you have also.  We may have come to different conclusions about their value, but we certainly know what they are, don't we?

The NAACP seems to have a pretty definite idea, right?  You haven't actually said whether you'd agree or disagree. 

I'd have to say that when directly challenged with that accusation, every TP hanger on I know has disavowed  the charge.  I tend both to believe and disbelieve:  I believe none of them THINK they are racist, but I think they are wrong.

Just my opinion.  Oh, and the NAACP's, I guess, though I have not read  what they actually have to say yet  - I am taking your word for it.

The only games played are by you, it took 3 times for me to ask before you would say you think they are racist.

The fact that you think they are racist leads me to believe they are not.

Typical liberal charge if you disagree with a group then they are racist.

Hence the NAACP resolution. The NAACP ran its course a long time ago and is now nothing but an arm of the Democrat party.

When was the last time you saw the NAACP stand up for Alan Keyes?

Or any Black conservative?

Oh, nonsense.

You've never seen racist signage at Tea Party rallies? 

I know:  they don't represent the majority.  Perhaps so, which is exactly why I said that things might seem to be different where you are.   I think the specific  TP people I know are unconscious racists, as I noted.

But I have plenty of reasons to not think well of the movement.  Naïveté about taxes, government, terrorism, immigration - I can't think of a single place I have any sympathy or empathy. 

I suspect you hold a different opinion.

2. profile image0
                sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religical, Poligious, Poligical...

And you are bigoted against religion?

1. profile image0
                    sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Could you define bigot for me please, and while you are at it, can you tell me what you believe the terms implied?  Thanks. big_smile

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ignorant racist rabble?

4. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

I think they are what they are and they will run themselves into the ground.  A little off subject, but my new favorite line from Palin.  "When I said 'drill baby drill', I didn't actually mean 'drill'. lol

5. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

There are several different offshoots of the original TEA Party, and they sometimes disagree among themselves. Most of the members I know in this area are middle-class whites, but blacks and Hispanics are also members, along with democrats, independents, and republicans. The rhetoric I've heard from the locals is not anti-Obama, it's more anti-tax and anti-big government. BTW, I'm not a member.

6. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

The OP discusses the NAACP drafting a resolution against the TP (Tea Party not toilet paper) movement (political not bowel). We are so into demanding that terms be defined and explaind - I thoght I would get them right out there...

And the TP movement drafting something against the NAACP. OK.

What does that have to do with the title - the DNC gettng nervous. There's no connection. But maybe I expect too much from wingnuts.

You failed to define wingnuts. lol

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I define 'wingnuts' then I get another ban.

A ban?

Who banned you?

I'd like to see the definition of wingnut especially if it came from you.

Should be funny.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
          Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's would be the equivalent of two Purple Hearts or a Congressional Medal of Honor.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60

Typical response call names and then expect to be taken serious.

The DNC uses the NAACP to call the Tea Party racist.

Just an arm of the DNC.

There's the connection.

Somehow I get the feeling that you think there is something sinister about the NAACP generally favoring Democrats.

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Comes across that way, doesn't it?

I'm assuming they will favor whichever party is most likely to support their causes, just like conservative Christians favor Republicans.

What exactly is the NAACP cause?

Isn't it to advance the causes of Black people?

How is calling an entire group racist advancing anything?

The KKK is an entire group.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state that they are racist. smile

So is the NAACP.

2. Flightkeeper profile image68
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do have to connect the dots for these people. smile

I think there is current anger and unhappiness against both parties.  But I do think the House will have a Republican majority.  Voters don't like to see weak leaders in charge and BO (Barack Obama not Body Odor) is definitely a weak vessel. The Republicans will have fresh faces but my concern will be that they, like Scott Brown, will hold no loyalty to the party.  We have to get rid of the dreck and the RINOs in the Republican Party.

1. profile image0

I would hope you would value loyalty to constituents over loyalty to party, but as is typical with the current crop of Republicans, loyalty to party trumps all.

Scott Brown, so far, is not a Republican sheep.

Like Barney Franks loyalty to his constituents?

That kind of loyalty?

1. profile image0

I'm sure if Barney Frank's constituents believe he is not representing their best interests, they will vote him out.

And yet, so far, we have not.  Given the number of raving homophobes I have seen down here in SE MA, that could be seen as odd.  But, as is so often the case, tiny minorities can make a lot of ugly noise.  It seems most of us appreciate the hard work Barney has given us for so many years.

As always the smarmy comment. Thank you for always proving to me that positive comment are few and far between when it comes to libs. lol

FlightKeeper  has amazing filters, too :-)

1. Flightkeeper profile image68

Of course, trying to find the positive comments needs a filter.

2. profile image0

Yes, this thread has been a model of positive comments from good ol' Jim.  Besides, it wasn't meant to be smarmy.  You yourself said you are concerned about fresh faces being loyal to the Republican party.

I haven't been rude or negative.

Pot/Kettle philosophy.

But you do make the negative assumptions don't you?

Let me connect the dots for you so that you understand what I mean.  The fresh faces will have no loyalty because the Republican Party has not done a good job of cultivating tomorrow's leaders, so I don't expect them to have any loyalty which means that it will be hard for the Republican Party members to be able to work together.

Sheesh, it's really exhausting talking to libs.

1. profile image0

You said absolutely nothing new.  You are concerned about fresh faces being loyal to the Republican party.  I get it.

Zoom, it just went over your head lol

Eh, the effort was so pointless.

And yet, you never seem to tire of it.

I keep hoping that there will be a breakthrough, but you're right, talking to libs is pointless. lol

Translation : She is worried that some of them might want to think for themselves.  Thinking independently is disloyalty in conservative-speak. 

And they might.  Politicians and Supreme Court Justices have been funny like that.

You seem angry.

Yes, just as independent democrats who think differently get drummed out of the party. Calling Joe Lieberman! lol

3. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let me see if I have this right . The DNC - the democrats - commands the loyalty of the NAACP. The GOP on the other hand, commands the Tea Party - many of them racist - and (surprise, surprise), the NAACP objects to racism..

So in the end, the democrats has the loyalty of minorities because they support their interests,  and the loyalty of thinking white people, and the GOP is the party of old white guys - and is dying out as fast as the old white guys do.

I appreciate you explaining that.

Commands the loyalty? They command the NAACP.

As far as I know the Tea Party is a thorn in the side of the Republicans. They are seeking to oust incumbent republicans and replacing them with new ones.

That's not exactly a match made in heaven.

I know plenty of young Republican ladies who would laugh at you for that statement.

Just cuz you sed it don make it so.

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Some of you libs need to watch something besides Keith Olbermann! To get some real news, watch ALL the networks, read everything you can, and then believe about 10% of all of it. The TEA Party is often at odds with the republican party. Have you kept up with the primaries??

1. profile image0

I watch some Fox News almost every day, and yes, the Tea Party is sometimes (I'm not sure I'd agree with "often") at odds with the Republican party.  However, the vast majority of Tea Party members identify themselves as conservative Republicans.

Tea Party Supporters Overlap Republican Base

Yes, Jim, another link.  I'm obsessed!  Obsessed with factual evidence rather than unsubstantiated opinion.

8. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

The problem is that if a white person disagrees with or is in conflict with a Black, Hispanic, or any other person of color they are automatically labeled as being racist, however the same set of standard are not applied when the situation is reversed.

9. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Actually, GOP incumbents have nearly as much to worry about as the DNC. They may be jumping a shark in cozeying up to the Tea Party.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)