NFL Football Hubbers! It is almost that time!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

NFL Football is just around the corner. YEAH!!!!!!!

I have missed many of the NFL Football Hubber friends I have made here on Hubpages. It is now the time to start preparing our Hubs for the 2010 season.

I have started with preparations for the season. I look forward to seeing your Hubs as well. This should be a good year for NFL football.

"GO COWBOYS!!!".....Let's take the Superbowl in our own Stadium this year!!!

...and thanks to our wonderful HP staff...we now have Yahoo Sports videos available to us for this season!!!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YEAH the Superbowl 2011 will be at Dallas Cowboys Stadium HOORAY
      Morning Michael!

2. kcreery profile image59
      kcreeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NFL Time.  Go Seahawks!!  Hopefully you'll be better than last year.

3. steeze profile image61
      steezeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

my first hub is about why the cowboys are better than the redskins haha DALLAS COWBOYS FTW

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I know just what you mean!!!! I believe in Fan Free Agency, so every year I pick my team during the pre-season. (I have to make my decision prior to kick-off of the first game.) I'm leaning toward the Redskins this year. Although Philadelphia might be fun. Last year, I went with Chicago and it was a very long season.

Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And Chicago has 4 televised games this year!!!! That was a shock to see after the season they had last year.
      This year will be very interesting with all the major moves in players.

3. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

Watchout for atlanta, they have an easy schedule this year only play 1 all pro qb all year! If the bucs wine 6-7 games i'll be happy.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Cowboys v Colts 2 consecutive years in SB.  Once in Dallas, once in Indy.

I could go for that Ron...as long as my Cowboys win!
      Indy is the early season favorite to win it all this year.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We'll get a preview Dec 5.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!

1. steeze profile image61
      steezeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

COWBOYS FTW

6. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

lol . .

I am counting the seconds smile

Im thinking the Jets are going to be a major contender smile)))

boys vs the jets. . heheehhe

I could go for that matchup!!!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Jets were very tough last year.  Rex Ryan did a great job of getting the most out of his players.

7. sportyfunster profile image69
    sportyfunsterposted 13 years ago

Training camp is starting soon and then the preseason in Aug. Only a matter of months till football starts up again. Should be another great season. I am eagerly counting down the days till the first regular season game between the Saints and Vikings.

8. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

Ryan did a great job with a decent defence, now there top 5. Revis also proved his hype is justified, along with off-season moves the jets will be tough!

9. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

Ryan has the '46' defense in his blood .  . is it any wonder that Jet football today is one of the only teams still using it wink

Excited to see what LT does - news is he is happy here in NY so far. . and I think we just might see this 31 year old come back to life . .

Boys. . Jets. . .Lol  .. Im calling it now:)

10. Cagsil profile image70

Cowboys and Colts would be my prediction, if I had to make one. smile

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

dream on cags. .

lol lol

you just dont want to hear my Jet chant .. but its coming so get ready for it

J E T S --jetsjetsjets

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6yCs1mmaLoY/TAQEo6v9_1I/AAAAAAAAASY/AtqxqDjSiYc/s1600/go+jets.jpg

11. Cagsil profile image70

If you feel like it, chant all you want. I don't have to listen to it anyways. I'll have to read it, but not listen.

Btw- I'd rather not have either NY team in the SB at all. tongue

cracking up cags.  listen, hear, read . .

hehehehe

and how are you today my dear sweet lovable cags wink

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm doing extremely well on my hubs and traffic, yet again JUMPED to new highs. My adsense revenue has also jumped again too. smile

I hope yo're doing well my dear sweet lady. It's always a pleasure to see you about. smile wink

12. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 13 years ago

I am so pumped for football. The Cowboys are going to have two young studs at wide receiver. Miles Austin and Dez Bryant should open up the middle of the field for my boy Jason Witten. If the offensive line can protect Romo we should have a real chance at the Super Bowl.

If I could write the script, Dallas would beat the Giants in the NFC championship game. Then go on to dominate the Colts in the SB. A chance to step on both Manning on the way to destiny. It doesn't get any better than that.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll agree. lol lol lol lol lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Your script has one problem....

They still have Romo lol

How many Mannings have won Super Bowls?

How many Romos?

How far back do you have to go to remember the last team to "dominate" the Colts?

1. samboiam profile image60
        samboiamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eli Manning is proof you do not have to be a great QB to win a SB. You just have to have a good supporting cast and get real lucky. Romo has that.

If Jim McMahon and Brad Johnson can win Super Bowls so can Romo.

Neither McMahon nor Johnson had Romo's lack of disciplne.  He should spend the off season more studiously.  He can date actresses and play golf after he retires.

Ron . . . it may be time for the world at large to give some credit where and when credit is due. . Romo was a different player last season. . and not just because removed the December Demons. . he finally stepped up to the plate and showed the Cowboys that he has leadership capabilities and wanted to be a team player.

It is not whether someone deserves to win a superbowl . . they all do .. some teams just have that magic that takes them all the way (didnt hurt McMahon that he had Walter Payton and Buddy Ryan) as for Brad Johnson  .. who is he.. <jk> but he isnt like a QB like Dan Marino. . now that is a sad curse to have to carry .. probably one of the greatest clutch QB's ever.. .personally back in the day I cursed Marino  .. but looking back .. if someone deserved a ring he is high on my list. .

The 49ners . .is that a team in the NFL?

wink

I mostly agree, but the big difference is that McMahon and Johnson didn't lose big games for their teams the way Romo has for his.  I think he has tremendous natural talent but lacks the discipline to make the most of it.

As Crash Davis said about Nuke Lalouche in Bull Durham, "He's got a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head".

3. wavegirl22 profile image48

oh my .. and to think for a second I got soo very excited to see sweet sweet sam .. who i have come to love and adore . . .

but here is where i see come sept we are going to have to draw the line. . hehehehe

careful what you say here in this forun wink

I bleed blue

and am a recovering <back on the wagon train> fan of gang green.

granted when the boys (sorry but you may see me during the season refer to them as the girls) are all that is left in the NFC . .I defer and cheer for the Big D. .. but not until there is no football left in the Big Apple.

Want to talk backfield . .LT, Shone Greene, and we shall see Sanchez reunited with the very versatile Joe McKnight out of Southern California.

Good thing you arent writing the script for the coming NFL season, for I would not look forward to reading your words coming from there. . but I do very much look forward to newly published Hubs from you on any and everything else:)

1. samboiam profile image60
        samboiamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shari, my friend. If the Cowboys are out of it I may cheer for your J-E-T-S. But I would much rather slide down a slide of razor blades than ever cheer for a Manning. I can't stand either one of them.

I can't wait for football so you will write more of your NFL hubs. There is none better at than you.

13. nickg480 profile image60
    nickg480posted 13 years ago

Personally I feel that the SF 49ers will be the biggest breakout team of the season. After years of re-building, they are prime for a breakout season and to make the playoffs. They were 8-8 last season, with one of the best defenses. They did not lose anything on defense from last year, with a potential upgrade at safety with newly drafted Taylor Mays. There are many question about starting QB Alex Smith, but with the huge upgrades in the OL from the 9ers stellar draft, I feel he will have the breakout season. By watching him, he only really throws poor passes when under pressure, and with the more time given to him by the upgrade, he will be just fine.

Take my word for it, THE SF 49ERS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2010!!

49ers are a solid team.  Singletary may be the best motivator in the game.

14. Jai Warren profile image71
    Jai Warrenposted 13 years ago

OK everyone, it's May 31st! Are you crazy? Predicting the SB in May? The real question is how can a Italian guy who wins the Indy 500 be from Scotland and be married to Ashlee Judd? Will Serena win the French Open? Lakers or Celtics? World Cup 2010? Will Tiger win the US Open? Who's in the World Series? Alright, I'm a sportsaholic but, all I can say is:

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Shari>>>> Jets/ Boys? You better be Dallas bound.

15. Michael Willis profile image67

I had planned to Publish my New 2010 NFL Football Hub, but.....My Dell Computer decided to Crash and LOCK_UP!!!
    This IS the Replacement computer. Ohhhhh...How I HATE DELL Computers!!!

Once again, I brought out the antique HP Compaq, which is only good for getting online.

get a mac wink

LOL...once this is paid for...I will look into getting a Mac!!!

I "finally" got the Football Hub finished and Published yesterday. The first of many I plan for this year. 
        I took this hub to put all the major networks night broadcast games schedules together on one page.  Monday Night Football, Sunday Night Football, Thursday Night Football and even the Thanksgiving Day Football schedule.

What took so long was finally getting a computer to work so I could use PowerPoint for what I wanted to do with a couple of Pics to make the images I wanted for the Hub.

16. nickg480 profile image60
    nickg480posted 13 years ago

LETS GO 49ers!!!

The best draft in the NFL this year

17. nflfans profile image57
    nflfansposted 13 years ago

let's go Steelers

18. steeze profile image61
    steezeposted 13 years ago

any cowboys fans out there, looks like my first official hub is for you guys <3

19. Michael Willis profile image67

Good start to your writing Hubs Steeze. And welcome from a fellow Cowboy fan!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)