Einstein vs God

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (37 posts)
  1. TruthDebater profile image54
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

Which has more believers, Einstein and gravity, or a specific God?

Which has more power and influence, Einstein or a specific God?

Which sides with determinism or free will, Einstein or God?

1. Rishy Rich profile image74
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Argumentum ad populum...

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God created Einstein, God wins.

3. masaa profile image61
      masaaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well we should ask Jesus einstein is dead so i guess God wins

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jeebus dun ded 2. I win. big_smile

4. ChurchOfOpenSky profile image61
      ChurchOfOpenSkyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God created the Universe with Gravity which Einstein tried to explain when he was alive.

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

I would rather see the wrestling match... In the blue corner............

3. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

I think everyone believes in Gravity... or at least you would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't

So I think the whole premise of the ? is so very flawed and biased, baited and designed to trap, it isn't funny.

TruthDebaterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Are you saying God can't compete with Einstein and gravity?

1. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha....

How do you get to that?

And there is no Einstien and gravity.

There is Einstien... and there is gravity.

They are not conjoined, they are not even solidly related to one another. So I don't understand what your fishing for.

And are you saying Einstien, but meaning his theories?

Thanks. Who doesn't relate Einstein to gravity? He was the closest one to defining how gravity and the universe function. What would Einstein be without gravity? Yes, Einstein and his theories, which do more people have faith in, Einstein theories or God?

1. luvpassion profile image63
            luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Consider this passage from Einstien's book "The World as I See It."

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who knows it not and can no longer wonder, no longer feel amazement, is as good as dead, a snuffed-out candle. It was the experience of mystery even if mixed with fear - that engendered religion. A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man.

Though Einstein didn't like organized religion, he was spiritual IMO, he also didn't approve of atheism.

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

Lying for Jeebus again huh? LOLO You religionists have no morals. None.

I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.

Albert Einstein

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Didn't approve of atheism? lol lol lol

This is - of course - IMO. lol lol lol

An u dun wunder wy peeps hate wot u sez - coz it b a lies. sad

"The bigotry of the nonbeliever is for me nearly as funny as the bigotry of the believer~

A.Einstein

Perhaps "didn't Approve" were the wrong words

He was neither an athiest or a conventionally religious person.If you need to put him into one of those boxes so you can understand him, that shows how narrow your mind is.

Don't hate

LOLOLO Sez the one wot sed he didn't approve of atheism. lol

Don't behave in a way guaranteed to cause hatred. wink

Tell me how narrow my mind is again - that always creates love and affection. Dear me - no morals. None.

Sorry was I behaving in a way that made you hate me?

lol lol lol

Do I care? Perhaps you hate all women.

lol lol lol

2. TMMason profile image61

So your belief in Science is based on faith?

I have faith in God... I believe that which science can show me with real evidence.

I don't see a conflict.

As far as people in general.

I am not sure people in third world countries would be familiar with Einstien or his theories, but probrably do know about a god.

So I think it would be hard to put a number on something like that.

I mean there are places, I am sure they do not know of Einstien, but still know of gravity. It is not as if you have to believe in Einstien to believe in gravity.

But again. What do you define as "influenced"?

Thanks. A belief in anything involves faith. Which method leads closer to finding an objective truth, faith in religious tales without observational evidence or faith in the scientific method which requires testable and observational evidence?

You could be right about the 3rd world countries not as familiar with Einstein as they are God. I think this just goes to show how uneducated we are as a whole/world.

Who believes in the fundamentals of gravity without believing Einstein as the main contributor to defining gravity? I find it hard to believe any scientific book on gravity doesn't mention Einstein.

Influenced: Which brings groups of different beliefs together in harmony to better learn and discover laws of our universe without killing each other, Einstein's relativity or a specific God?

4. profile image0
    Uma07posted 13 years ago

That depends on whether you believe in science or you are a God fearing person.

I personally believe there are more religious people on earth than scientists.

1. TMMason profile image61

I don't see the conflict in believing in God and knowing science is a great thing.

None at all.

I know quite a few scietists who believe in God.

1. profile image0
        Uma07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes TMM that's exactly what I wanted to convey. Scientists can be religious too.
        I am a science student and I say my prayers before I start my work at the college lab.smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

I don't believe you.

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

contrary to popular belief there are many scientists who believe in God.

5. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

I think this is a very difficult question.

God has a longer reach which he can really get some mileage out of if he's smart.  But Einstein is a scrapper and if he gets inside, God just doesn't have the reaction time to make it work.  In the time it takes him to notice anything, practically YEARS have passed.

God does have the weight advantage too, but Einstein is world renowned for being a thinking man's fighter.  This could really come down to the wire and I think it will be one of the biggest pay-per-view events of the year.

Right now, I'm putting it on a split decision for God after 15.

6. DarkHobbes profile image60
    DarkHobbesposted 13 years ago

What about scientists who support Einstein and happen to be people of faith. Your question doesn't leave room for them. tongue

7. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Who cares?

Religious belief decreases with intelligence and education.

That's statistics, but you can always find outliers because religion is always much more about emotion than anything else.

Whatever Einstein believed or did not believe is meaningless.

8. Mr. Blobby profile image59
    Mr. Blobbyposted 13 years ago

Einstein wins!

9. PeppermintPaddy profile image61
    PeppermintPaddyposted 13 years ago

God gave Einstein to mankind to spread his knowledge.

10. TruthDebater profile image54
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

Did Einstein lean toward a deterministic world and universe or towards a universe with free will?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)