Do you find writing the same subject several times hard?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

When I get a good idea for a key word to write a hub about I also write another article about the same subject in my blogs. No sense in wasting a good key word on just one hub.

In fact if you do it right you can see yourself be ranked several times on the front page of google for the same key word.

BUT,,,, I find it very hard to re-write the same article again. It has to be completely different to be effective, yet contain the same key words.

I don't like spinner software and will not use it. You can re-write an article better in less time than a spinner can. However I still find it almost torture to write about the same thing.

Maybe it's because I use to write articles for others a long time ago. I had to write hundreds of the same damn things over and over again, aahhhhhh!!! sad

Does anyone else here write the same articles several times, and if so do you find it very hard to do? smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know this is what we're supposed to do, but I can't do it.  I write about dance and can find lots of different angles to write about it, but I can't pick one angle and write four different articles saying the same thing.

It's not that I don't have the ability - I have a large vocabulary and a good thesaurus smile  But (a) it bores me to tears and (b) it feels wrong.

2. Shealy Healy profile image60
    Shealy Healyposted 13 years ago

I usually write from excitement and passion. So, when I have written something over and over I begin to lose the passion. So, yes-it is harder for me to write something more than one or a few times.

3. megs78 profile image61
    megs78posted 13 years ago

I tried to do that before,  but quickly became bored and almost wanted to pull my hair out before the end of it and ultimately went back to what I do best; writing for the love of it, not for the money smile

4. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

It becomes second nature after a while.  Don't be afraid it won't work I've done it hundreds of times and never got nailed for duplicate content.  Remember the idea is to take the basic concept and write it for a different audience in your head, this makes it new and different yet relevant...

This is just one idea... it gets easier... I promise cool

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you can do it easy Katie. But like I said, I use to do that, making dozens of the same article over and over. In time just thinking about making another article gave me a headache.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who has a hard time doing it. Glad you can however. smile

1. katiem2 profile image60
        katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I don't do one dozens of times,  I just write five articles for ezines per hub, make a related hub and then feed it all over the place.  I couldn't do it more than that... UGH and the feeds and back links now that's what makes me bored out of my skull... 

True confession I have a lot of hubs just for the love of the pen I never write articles on period...  Okay I'm clean now... smile

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Do you find writing the same subject several times hard?

Well, I write on only one subject- Life.

I find I have many different aspects to work with. If I try to write about the same aspect more than once, it kinda defeats the purpose of me writing it the first time. But, I do incorporate some of what is written on one hub, in with what is relevant to the writing of another hub.

Just a thought. smile

P.S. If you are writing sales pitch hubs and creating multiple hubs about similar or alike categories, then I'm of no help, because I have yet to begin to write product hubs. hmm

6. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Hard?  Really depends on topic or subject matter for me, I go for long periods of the same one, then switch it up big_smile

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

I have written on subjects for moving companies, realtors, etc. that were repetitious. What I did was found a niche' that made each one of them uniquely different.

8. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Thanks everyone. Maybe if I approach each article in a slightly different way, even though it's the same subject, it will not be as hard.

Maybe.  hmm

9. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

It is a challenge. When I was in college on the newspaper staff, we usually had a regular 'beat'-- I was lucky to have the drama department, so got to cover the theatrical productions.

It also meant that I wrote news stories about the new productions. Since we had two editions per week, it meant that I had to come up with at least four and sometimes more, stories about the current plays.

It was a great exercise in coming up with a new slant on the same story over and over.  It was a challenge-- and a learning experience.
    I also got free tickets to the plays.... then I usually wrote the review.

10. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

yes. it is very hard.

11. Sunny_S profile image59
    Sunny_Sposted 13 years ago

Not really hard. Just got to aim it at different people and also change the viewpoint from which you type the hub from.

12. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

Usually, a topic worthy of the time spent to write will have more than one angle, yet share many if not most or all of the same keywords.
    So, you can still  write on the same topic, yet still have it be an entirely different article.
    This helps avoid  both the boredom, (the "I already did this" feeling); and the possible duplicate content flagger.
    Problem solved.  big_smile

13. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I was once asked to write 15 300 word articles on the same subject. I did it, by by the end I was really running out of ideas.
    I've found it easier to write a comprehensive hub on a subject ( by'comprehensive' I mean minimum 1000 words) and then wait a week or two and start another one. It's much easier to write about closely related subjects. I've also done the 7 article stuff, one to each of the other writing sites and the main one to Hubpages, all pointing inwards. Just didn't work for me. Prolly wrong subject.
    Anyway, my point is, yes its hard to write more than one article on the exactly same topic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)