lets get real

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image0
    rocky blacklaceposted 14 years ago

It's been a long time since i've talked about my past,i think that has a lot to do with my using.When i was 1yrs old i was addopted by my grand parents,it's messed up right? I was never told that either,my mom lived in our house till i was about 9 yrs as my sister.I was raised believeing she was my sister for all that time.So she came home one night all drunk and told me i was addopted,boy did that piss of my grand mother,so she threw my mom ( sister) out,never to come back or see me.It was realy devestating to me not understanding i was only 9.I think my mom ( sister) tryed to see me for a short time, but i don't think i realy mattered much then to her so she gave up.She moved out of state some where for about five yrs.For some reason she decided that she wanted to see me again so she turned up out of nowhere .not to my grand parents but to me in secret. Crying to much to keep going for now will continue tomorrow. It's a long and painfull story.

1. Rafini profile image83
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP.

your story sounds like my nephew and, eerily, he is also from Vegas, except he has a brother and it was his father he thought was another brother.

1. profile image0
        rocky blacklaceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thats a trip that it's the same just the other way around. it was a long time ago you'd think i'd be over it.

no, I dont think you'd be over it.  it has to have caused plenty of confusion in your life.

1. profile image0

Hey just saw you response and yes it probbley will always be a part of my mind.it has taken me along time to be ok with it

my nephew found out when he was 11, found his real mom (my sister) in December, found my daughter in January and I started talking with him in February.  We haven't met yet, cuz of where we live and money situations.  He has met his mother, though.

How about you?

1. profile image0

No i've had no contact with my mom or family. my new family is all i have now. i"m fine with it though

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think people abandon their children because they are weak.

it sounds like your mother wants to reconcile with you, so give her a chance, if you feel that is right. but she will have to step up and prove herself to you now. she owes you that much. she is not accountable for what happened to her (and you) when she was underage, but she is accountable for the pain she brought onto you for choices she made as an adult).

i'm sorry you are going through this. i wish you all the luck and hope things turn out well for you.

1. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image71
        FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think people abandon their children because they are weak. At least not all parents.  i think some do it because they know their situation is not the best for their for their child. Or sometimes abondonment is masked by force. Like if someone steps in and removes a child.

Much of the time when someone steps in "like a grandparent" to adopt a child it's for the best. I wish someone would have steped in, like parents, and took my kids when I was in an abusive relationship and addicted to drugs. It wasn't until I ended up hospitalized that people then tryed to step in and help. My kids had already been exposed.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry your early life was so strange. I'm sorry you're fighting addiction.
    But for what it's worth, you're not alone here in this community.

Write good quality hubs. Make them clear and meaningful with good, valuable information, and you'll make lots of friends here.

Welcome to hubpages. Keep writing.

1. profile image0

thank you for the good karma

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What I could never understand: why people lie to their children? No matter how horrible, embarrassing or shameful truth is IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO TELL THE TRUTH!!!  Because lie brings more lies and everybody who is involved will be hurt. Kids are very understanding and forgiving but they cannot understand deception and lies because it is not fair. They trust unconditionally and we grown-up cannot betray that. We have to tell the truth and explain that truth and ask their forgiveness because they are small but they have big hearts and will forgive you.
        My heart goes for you Rocky, I hope your children do not have to experience that. Have a good life. Our childen are much stronger and tolerant  than we think sometimes.

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yup, you are far from alone. And keep writing! It helps to sort it all out and put it in its place. The past will always be a part of who you are today, but it doenst have to control you.

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Daniel, perfectly said, thank you smile

3. GoTo Gal profile image70
    GoTo Galposted 14 years ago

I too had a crappy parent that wasn't in my life until he was dying from cancer and needed help.  All those years I wondered about him.  In the end I was there to help him, it was tough to do.  I learned a valuable lesson and hopefully this will help you too.

After meeting him and learning about his lifestyles and choices, it made me extremely grateful he was not the one to raise me and was not in my life.  It made me appreciate the sacrifices made by the people who did love and raise me.  They did it out of love and not an obligation.

Embrace your grandparents and pity your mother for her poor choices.

4. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 13 years ago

I so feel your pain, and hope you can get some comfort from hub pages....  just been to read your hubs, have you left us?

5. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

poet,I love that picture!

apologize for interruption.

1. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

just been over to your hubs to read.... wow you sure can write

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wish like you magoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxox
        thanks for comment  big_smile

6. susanlang profile image61
    susanlangposted 13 years ago

Rocky Blacklace...I just feel like holding you as if you were my son. Never stop believing in yourself and the power of love. So many little children are out there who are so hurting from the unseen pain they carry within. Your story sort of reminds me of another little girl's story and it too is so sad.
    It goes like this:

When I was a little girl I was like all other

children. I was sweet and kind. I used to like to

bring my daddy flowers that I had picked myself.

I would go in search of the most beautiful flower I

could find so he would be happy with it. I would

locate something really special. I would pick it for

him and run to the house feeling so sure he would be

delighted.

As I would arrive and show it to him, I would usually

be disappointed. He didn't care about flowers I

picked. In fact he didn't care about much of anything

I did. My father was a drunk. He was smart and

capable when sober but he was rarely ever sober. When

he drank, he was a different person. He was angry

and often violent. He hit me many times for no reason

and beat me for things I never did. He frequently

yelled at me and told me I was useless and lazy. You

will never be anything but a loser, I could hear in his

angry voice.

Tears would come to my eyes and I would drop the

flower right there. My father never wanted a flower

from his little girl. I deeply wanted him to have it.

I wanted him to love me and be proud of me. I wanted

to be a good girl.

It hurt me deeply that I could not give him a simple

gift like this. You see, God made me a very giving

person. I get joy from giving a gift or doing a

kindness to someone that didn't ask for it. Or giving

to someone with no hope of return or repayment.

I see a friend in need and I will come to them with a

gift. It is as if I am that little girl all over again

wanting someone to take the flower I took the time to

choose and pick. Sometimes I run across someone who

is in need and I try to help them and they refuse.

They have pride or they mistake my intentions but

truly I am just like that little girl standing there

with the flower in my hand.

I just want to give it out of love. There is no other

reason for me to give except from my heart. Just from

love and kindness. It may also be because I just want

to be noticed and loved.

I do it with no ulterior motive and no agenda. I just

want to give.

It is interesting that today my father is still alive.

He is still a heavy drinker. He is still the same

way he always was. Many have tried to help him but

he always rebuffs any attempts to get help with his

drinking. He refuses help and refuses to admit he

has a problem.

I am old now and no longer that little girl anymore but

inside my heart I still wish I had a daddy. I still

wish I could be loving and sweet to him like other women

are but he is not nor ever has been able to be a

daddy. Alcohol has robbed him totally of all father's

instincts.

Sometimes I still feel like that little girl standing

there with my little flower wishing he would take it.

He never does and over time his little girl has

stopped wishing he would. I no longer bring him

flowers anymore. I give them to others now. I do my

acts of kindness for others I love or who are in need,

but inside I am still that little girl standing there

wishing daddy would please take my flower and not yell

at me.

Another sad story which I posted here in hopes of all little children finding each other.

7. profile image50
    beckipollockposted 13 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)