Advice please

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Nick B profile image77
    Nick Bposted 13 years ago

I have been a member here for about eleven months, but have only got serious about HP in the last six weeks or so.

Nevertheless, my articles are receiving no more than a handful of hits on a daily or even monthly basis, yet I cannot see where I am going wrong.

Would someone out there be prepared to give me some help in this area as I could really use some direction and would really appreciate the feedback.

1. Dale Nelson profile image39
      Dale Nelsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nick,

Your profile score is at 97 and so you are doing something right.

Its is best to type hubpages into the search bar at the top and scan throught he results that the experts here have given on advice to increase traffic.

Hope this helps

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Nick,

Your hubs look great. The only two pieces of advice I would give you would be to get rid of the large full-width pictures at the top of your hubs, make them smaller and move them down into your hub somewhere, and do a lot of work with your tags. There's plenty of information on them here in the forums. Just do the proper search.

You also should look into keyword research to make sure that the topics you are writing about actually get traffic. Again, plenty of information right here in the forum.

Good luck!

Edited to add: Backlinking can to improve your hubs' ranking in the search engines. Again, tons of info right here in the forums.

3. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 13 years ago

Well Nick,

The best way to judge whats wrong with hubs is to select a random one. I choose:

"What's the world's greatest Guitar?"

I dont think that Hub can be getting more then 8 views a day! (I could be wrong but im just going off of what my personal experiences were.)

Now your ranked number 2 on google for your title, very nice no problem their. The problem is no one is typing in "What's the world's greatest guitar?"

I assume any traffic you get is off the main keyword "Worlds Greatest Guitar" and if thats the case your ranked high for the term in " " but with it just doing a general search your on page 2 of google!

Being on page 2 normally isnt that bad, but thats because so many hits go to the keyword that people will look a few pages in. But the cold hard fact is no one is searching for the term, which is why your not getting the views you want.

You hub is more Niche aimed, meaning if you wrote it on a guitar blog with guitar fans then you might get a great amount of impressions. But just standing it out alone in the world their isnt much chances of it being overly successful.

I would say 1/4th of my hubs get less then 50 views a month, but the reason why I keep them is they have an almost 90% new google traffic rate. (That works out to average 180 new google visitors)

To improve traffic to the Hub you need to do extensive backlinking and maybe write an article with a link in a famous blog for guitar players.

Somethings are just dry from competition or lack of searches.

~thranax~

1. harrist profile image61
      harristposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think  your doing good But there something wrong with your hubs??? :-)
      Need Help check my profile to find win-win solutions :-) anyway you already have more than 50 hubs its a great investment of course if you know the trick's believe me your traffic getting will increase 

Hint : Do some research before you give article  to Google listing otherwise you only get a lot of Fans without any click at all :-) cause hubber only increase your Impression I.e your ecpm will decrease,

4. Nick B profile image77
    Nick Bposted 13 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your invaluable help.

I think I know where I'm going wrong now, but it's just a case of trial and error.

Only time and taking your advice will prove the pudding...

1. harrist profile image61
      harristposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you get frustrated with this online stuff in hubpages just ask me nicely and polite, of course with an articles  :-) and let me fix your dirty Jobs as soon as possible.

Hint : there is always a secret in every web 2.0 I.e  a loopholes,  cause if Big G have it then hubpages? :-)

as long you not over do :-) it will work just fine :-) enjoy !!!

1. RunAbstract profile image60
        RunAbstractposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Look for other people's hub topics you like... read them, comment, and follow them.  It's likely they will return the favor.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)