Just finished my eighth hub, still low traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Zebedee353 profile image61
    Zebedee353posted 13 years ago

I just finished my eighth hub and still getting the same amount of traffic. Can anyone help with this? or critique my hubs for me.

1. WordofMouse profile image40
      WordofMouseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just a quick look at a few of your hubs shows that you're not targeting keywords with a high search volume. Your Verizon hub, for example, uses the title "Verizons Broadband Cable Internet Service Provider." That phrase gets zero searches/day. I'd also recommend that you find some good keywords and then give people the information they are looking for. If a keyword presents a problem, explain the solution with your hub. If someone is looking for information, give it to them. Again, using the Verizon hub as an example, no one is searching for info about how a Verizon man came to your door. They might be searching for specific phone models, information on Verizon phone plans, etc. That's what you want to build your hubs around.

One more thing I'd advise is for you to do some testing. Do a few hubs in one style and then a few more hubs in another style. See which ones get more traffic. Some niches might do well with review-style hubs, while other niches call for straight information hubs. Keep track of everything you do so you can see trends.

2. Sullen91 profile image71
      Sullen91posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a game of statistics. Are you one of the <1% of people who can:

1. Write coherently
      2. Choose profitable topics
      3. Develop a loyal following
      4. Think like a searcher and choose keywords pragmatically
      5. Make a show of exuberance
      6. Pique interest
      7. Put massive hours into this
      8. Remain patient
      9. Believe you are very special in some sense
      10. Perhaps believe in the merit of pleasing a lot of people, as opposed to helping a few

etc.

I'm of the opinion that 1 out of 10,000 (or less) hubbers makes more than $15 per labor hour, and I'm willing to back up this assertion with incontrovertible evidence. If you derive some utility out of writing, because you enjoy writing, then that may be an additional benefit to make this thing worthwhile. If you are in this for money and money alone, please realize that you are a very poor chance/bet to earn good wages, using random sampling.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

The one thing I can't fault you on is length - they are all of good length, something many new hubbers don't realize is important.

I had a quick look at them and here are some tips and questions:

1. Are you getting hits from outside sources (google, bing, yahoo)? In the first few days after creating a hub you'll get plenty of visits from other hubbers because your hub is listed as new. However you'll then have a lull till google starts to send you traffic. Google and other external sites will send the traffic that will click your adverts and make you money.
    2. Have you done keyword research or promotion at all? You might want to read some of the great hubs written by pro hubbers on the site such as Susannah S., Misha, Darkside, Marisa Wright.
    3. Your own experience. You've written about staying home from work using Amazon as a mother. Then go on to say that you are a stay at home dad and your wife works. Just reading that would put me off reading the rest - you've changed the truth once, why wouldn't you be lying about making money from amazon?
    4. Making money online? Try some different unique subjects. EVERYONE and their mother has written about how to make money online - but very few of them have. And why are you writing about traffic if you're not getting any?
    5. Write more hubs. No matter how good a hub is, or how well researched or how proud you are of it, some are just flops. Write 30 hubs on varying topics and then come back and say your traffic isn't increasing. By then you'll start to see a pattern in hubs that do/do not get traffic and have more ideas about what works for you.
    6. Hubpages offers suggestions to help you - you don't have to take them all. You seem to have clicked on every tag they gave you. Take out the ones that don't really apply and put in appropriate ones that relate to what people are probably typing into search engines or what your content is about. Also cut down on using every link suggestion given you by the link tool - they are suggestions only. If people click every outgoing link they'll get cranky if they end up at pages of low quality and if they find something better, well they might not come back. You want people leaving your page through an advert not a link.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Getting traffic and money takes time and effort, you have to do a lot more than build hubs.

4. Friend of Friends profile image60
    Friend of Friendsposted 13 years ago

I would recommend you these two links from hubpages

http://hubpages.com/faq/ and one well written hub http://hubpages.com/hub/HubpageTutorial

You may get your answers very fast here
    Good Luck

5. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Thats not many hubs to expect alot of traffic..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)