does religion sees world in very narrow prism?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (24 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

religion doesnot take into account entire human race?..only my way would be blessed,my way would go to heaven or get salvation..rest people would suffer and such stuffs?..no religion has more than 35% of world's population of singular species called humans...there are so many other species , countless galaxies in the universe..does religion make one view things from very limited perceptive?

1. hanging out profile image60
      hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

isn't that the way it is with everything?
      The artist sees only his next work. Each religion sees only its own, Atheists see only their own views. A game warden thinks animal safety is tantamount. A scientist sees only the scientific viewpoint, an evolutionist sees only evolution as the answer. A garbage man would love a green eco earth.
      A greedy person sees only more to plunder.
      A person of love sees only more to love

narrow viewpoints are a way of life. Everybody has them.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religions do not see the world. Their world is their Religion alone!
      They do that to promote it, make it the biggest, and or the most powerfull.

More people means more power and money- (donations) for the leaders and the People  supporting it get lost in the scope of it , or get consumed up in it.

It's Members brainwash themselves into thinking thier's is the only right way, And Thats the real problem with Religions- God always gets re-made into what that particular view point wants, and they loose real vision.

3. Sekharg profile image60
      Sekhargposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't you think all the religions in the world at very high level preach the same?

No religion says that you hurt some body or violence is way to salvation.

2. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

No, the true religion is open; it is dynamic; I mean Quran/Islam/Muhammad

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks paar for confirming what i meant smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Dynamic" means to change and adapt. Islam does not change or adapt, quite the contrary. It is a very narrow worldview.

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

It is necessary for mankind to have a narrow mind.

We are uncapable of seeing everythig.  We would go nuts.

However some of us are a tiny bit more narrow minded than others.

4. thooghun profile image94
    thooghunposted 13 years ago

In a sense I believe we are all equally narrow minded, and I agree with Jerami in that it serves a purpose and our tunnel vision and pattern seeking has helped us survive.

In general however, I think that religion, because it seeks to answer very large existential questions does lead to narrower vision. In a sense, in accepting religious dogma, you stop asking questions. You merely meld things to fit your pre-existing philosophy.

My lack of faith allows me to wander freely, where I accept that there are many questions that I will never be able to answer. But allows me to change and shift constantly, experience and grow.

Does religion sees world in very narrow prism? Yes, in accepting faith you MUST narrow your field of view.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It does seem like a large portion of humanity are lazy when it comes to searching for the answers to the tough questions.
      Religious and non religious
        Kinda like an Easter Egg Hunt.  Some kids find a few eggs and want to go back to the table. Some kids don't quit till their basket is full. And some kids empty their baskets several times.

I think that we are all a little lazy in different areas of our life.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

The religious are adamant they have all the answers to tough questions while the non-religious are searching elsewhere. smile

lol...

1. profile image50
            paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

like probing in the darkness

ya..may be one more book can be written by that..who cares what you write..some body would end up believing in it anyways...

1. profile image50
                paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Start writing one such book; if you can.

It looks so simple but it is impossible.

One cannot create a tiny atom of the Universe. Can one?

Try one

you mean to say writers of book created atom?..well they could have created all things which we see today if they wanted to then...strange they didnt create anything and used animals for transport and pigeons or humans for messages..shhh..

coming to atom of universe..it is long journey..first cell has been created in lab..so work is in process..secondly making book would be easy...0.2 million years stories here and there..take it and  make it..simple...

Matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed, hence your request is pointless.

2. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would have to disagree.  There are as many non religious  not looking for answers as there religious not looking or answers.

5. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

I think the fault lies with the prism. The prism that man is allowed is itself narrow

6. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I don't think it's necessarily narrow.  The concepts of most religions are fine, it does enable individuals to think about things that are larger than themselves.  If you take a close look at a lot of the art and music that was influenced by spirituality and faith, it's wondrous.  It's really when it comes to the execution where we get bogged down.

7. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed,

So where matter/energy came from? Any body please tell us.

It could have not existed without being created by the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

Hence mere existence of the matter/energy is a proof of Him. No further proof is essentially required.

now this is something which you made really valid point...i really appreciate you for that...you are right in this..but how does it prove religious god?...that is my point..why do you think god created universe in way you believe it did?..and why god took so long to evolve human species ?..remember there are physical , tangible,viewable proofs for how long humans took to reach to this state...so god didnt participate in the process can be safely concluded like it can be concluded from where matter/energy came from?..got that or should i elaborate?

Yes, it could.

That is a very narrow minded view.

8. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

There could not have been a big band without a cause ! period.
      What caused it ??   Your guess is as good as mine !! 
       Mine is as good as yours !!
      Do you want to fight about it?  Do that by yourself!

Do ya want to talk about it while maintaiing an open mind ?? 

Come on "widit".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)