Google Verses Hub Traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

Is there a way within Hub Pages to see which articles are only receiving Hub traffic?  I try to beef up the low performing Hubs but it would help to know which Hubs have no outside traffic. 

Or is the score of the Hub sufficient to monitor the lack of Google traffic?

1. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Generally speaking , you can go to "my account" where you can find how your individual hubs are performing. Then go to sources from where you are getting the traffic. Combine both of them ; you can get the rough idea about how each hub is performing.Apart from this you can check the individual hub performance by clicking statistics on front page of hub.

Other than that you can use google analytics for where the traffic comes from for each and individual of your hubs. This will give you detailed report about how long the visitor stays in (bounce rate).This will also help us choose topic for particular region. And the keyword search of particular hub.

What I can say , Hub page gives us statistics of our hubs in short and summary form ,whereas Google analytics gives us Brief and detailed way.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HubScores are not a direct and sole result of Google traffic.  They are a metric that has zero relevance outside of HubPages.  To use them as a measure of Google traffic would be highly inaccurate.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey GmaGoldie,

Google Analytics would be the way to determine which hubs are getting what traffic from where. wink

3. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

GA1 is always the best answer, but in a quick glance your in hubs traffic sources on each hub will answer your question.

Just click Stats on your individual hub

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hub sats and Google analytics are great tools. I find the hub stats more handy , I know the other is more accurate.

1. Ipeoney profile image70
        Ipeoneyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

BTW are the impressions resulting from websurfing done by us members on the hubpages website counts? I know clicking adsense is not allowed, but are we paid for the impressions?

4. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Another question!  Are page views counted when HP has control during their 40% share of time?  For example, if my hub stats say
    600 visits would there actually be 1000 counting HP's roughly 400?

1. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good question. I am eager to know the answer.

I will add to my question above. Why is the page view in my Hub statistic is bigger than the impressions of both Traffic sources and adsense website, for example Hubs stat will say 60 page view, and Hub trafic source will say around 40, and adsense website will be 15? I don't know how it works, I thought page impression and page view is the same, and the same numbers. Thanks.

2. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you have never compared your adsense/analytics/hp stats? !!!!

No, HP stats show all views regardless of whose ad impression share it is.

I haven't actually recorded that numbers from Adsense and Analytic, but I will take a look at that. I just notice that HP Stats numbers are quite higher than HP Source of Traffic numbers. It could be because one visitor actually visit several pages in one visit.
        Thank you Sunforged for your reply.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I have, thus the question!  My page views on GA seem to be roughly 40% more than listed on my HP stats, but I wasn't sure I was reading the data correctly!  But apparently I am reading the stats wrong if you are correct in your answer!

Thanks!

1. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if HP drops search engine crawling from their stats?  That's something I always want to deduct when I am looking at stats; maybe they feel the same way?

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I would like to know why one of my trackers says I have X views; but the hub it is pointing to says I have only one-tenth of that?

1. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you used that tracker code in any other URLs?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The same tracker is being used in 2 urls, each url pointing to a different hub.

Therefore the tracker count is the total of the 2 urls. Call that X.

The hub1 + hub2 total is/was one-tenth of that.

6. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

Well I noticed that on the top of each hub is a section that says: edit, stats, delete, suggest links

So if you click on stats it will show you the top traffic sources from google, yahoo and hubpages as well as the number of pageviews broken down by day,  week and month which is really useful.

Yes, but it doesn't show the ones that are missing! smile

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is the "Missing Traffic" link.  They had to discontinue it because listing every web site you do NOT get referrals from took up too much space.

LOL

7. paradigmsearch profile image60

My url count just jumped another 20. The hub count went up precisely ZERO! What the h*ll is this!?!

8. paradigmsearch profile image60

HP traffic stats, google adsense, and google analytics have all confirmed that I did not get credit for those last 20 url referrals. As far as all 3 are concerned, those referrals never happened.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60

And it's not just the last 20, it looks like many, many more of those referals just "never happened", ie: someone else is getting the visiter/view/ad-click credits.

10. paradigmsearch profile image60

Those urls are herewith being changed to elsewhere...

11. paradigmsearch profile image60

Done. And that is that.

12. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

is teh tracker showing traffic from teh hubs you referred?

I never really followed it, I jsut keep on dreaming that the next Nelle or Ryan Kett signs up with my tracker tongue

13. paradigmsearch profile image60

No, and that is the problem (tracker showing traffic, targeted hubs NOT showing traffic). Those 2 urls are funneling some really decent traffic to HP and I was getting maybe only 10% credit on the destination hubs for it. I’ve now changed both urls to just point directly to my profile. Yours truly is going to do some serious auditing going forward…

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)