Spin Gym

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

I want to buy this but I think is is ridiculously overpriced. It is Forbes Riley's Spin Gym

so I decided to make one myself. if there is anyone who can tell me what things to buy to make one myself, let me know. thanks very much.

1. 1974 profile image68
      1974posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, she blew it when they had her on an episode of "Pitch Men".  Billy Mays and Anthony Sullivan tried to talk her into a $10 price point and she got all teary saying the product means to much to her to sell it for that cheap.

2. profile image49
      nnaaiirrBBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol i can't believe i signed up just to comment on spin gym,that thing yall talking about has always been a eskimo traditional toy,no wonder that stuck up bitch cudn't b a success,in ur fooking face girl.
      by the way cosette we make em just out of ordinary string n studded bones,LOL

i'ma eskimo by the way

2. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

I would look into yo yo's and fishing reels wink

3. profile image0

hmm

interesting.

i think i will go to the dollar store and find a Chinese Jump Rope and a Gyro wheel...that thing looks like fun but my gosh...forty dollar plus shipping??

i want my arms to have more definition...i heard weight training can build muscle but make you all big...not cool.

thanks!

(haha! big_smile luv your Halloween costume!)

1. joecseko profile image62
      joecsekoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cosette, I'll look into some of the best places to get what I envision. Any place that supplies metal products to related industry will have solid tube stock that the center wheel can be made from. A craft store should have something to use as handles (look in Toys R Us at some of the toys, too).

The Chinese jump rope will have too much elasticity. Dacron or Spider Wire fishing line (made from woven Kevlar) will work best.

No, weight training won't make you bulky unless you REALLY train that way, and eat that way.

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

ooo that looks like fun to play with and yea not yo yos you need a weight for the middle and I would say something strong than fishing reels but not sure what

5. profile image0

ohh

maybe the hardware store would be better than the dollar store...i will browse the patio aisle for some heavy discs or something

there's got to be something that's available to make one myself. thanks!

6. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry, but that thing looks like a joke.smile

I'd say you'd be better off going to Home Depot and getting a bucket of bungee straps.  They would give actual resistance and it's continual sort of like the Bowflex systems, not to mention cheap.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah, I agree. I want to watch the spinny wheel though, haha...big_smile

they demo'd it on Fox 10 (local news channel) this morning. so I don't need a weighted wheel then, just some spinny thing.

god, you can tell I'm not a mechanical engineer, right?

really 1974? pfft... Forbes just wants to make a bunch of money. she's a shark like the rest of them wink

1. profile image49
        forbesrileyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear Cosette

Don't know if I'd call someone who's simply selling a fitness product a Shark -- and while I appreciate that Billy Mays wanted me to make it out of cheap plastic and sell SpinGym for $10 -- I chose to make a quality 100% aluminum product that provides up to 20 lbs of resistance per pull

I also shot 2 dvds with 8 workouts, a detailed manual and a neoprene carrying bag --

if that sounds like a greedy SHARK -- let me know --

but I can tell you I have SpinGym in rehab clinics around the country, war VET who are confined to wheelchairs love this product and you might change your mind if you gave it a try!

Hoping you are following your own dreams

7. Pr0metheus profile image60
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

OH MY GOD THEY TURNED MY LIGHT TOYS INTO A GYM TOOL!  WTF!

http://lightzombies.com/store/index.php … fa1f669939

6x http://lightzombies.com/store/index.php?cPath=24_51_77  (use promo code Pr0 to get 3 of them free)

6x Small Zip Ties

2x Keychain ring (I think they come with the lights)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Building-an-Orbit

Same thing for $8 + shipping, and it lights up.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha! big_smile see, it is the spinny thing AND the resistance training that appeals to me. i do, in fact, do resistance training but it gets boring after a while, and this looked like fun. thanks for the info!

1. Pr0metheus profile image60
        Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, its not so much the thing in the middle that provides the resistance as much as it is just the force that goes into spinning these objects.  They are a workout, no doubt of that.

8. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Weight training can make you big, of course. However, if you train for endurance and not strength you don't have to worry about it. I'm not going to go on a big, unsolicited speal, but you shouldn't be afraid to lift becuase you don't want to look like ol' Arny smile

Gumby says thanks for the compliment! You are the worst kind of witch: the cute ones that lure you in and then KAZAAM, you're a frog.

9. BodybuildingBuddy profile image58
    BodybuildingBuddyposted 14 years ago

It reminds me of a pro-yo mixed with those 80's spring bands that you would pull apart for different workouts...

1. profile image53
      Twhylightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True, this is the old button spinner, and I have a hi-tech toy that works on this principal that's made out of lazer paper and a good quality chord and plastic handles, whcih I spent about $7.00 on years ago (hey, it looks super cool and reflects the ligh and makes a buzzy noise when you pull it).  I dug it out again when I first saw the infomertial, and yes, the darn thing was working my arm muscles.  It has cheep plastic handles, though and after awhile, these dig into your fingers.

Having basically used the dreaded plastic version of this, I would consider buying metal one.  A) I know it works, B) the hand pulls would be a LOT more comfortable, C) the chrod is thicker than what I've got, That's going to create more torque when you pull it back.

I think it's a great peice of toning equipment.  Think of it as $10.00 for the unit and $19.99 for the DVDs, and then the price isn't really that bad.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)