I can't stand being overweight

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

It's my meds
    I'm on 2 weightgainers
    I need some help, any advice?

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My suggestion would be to stop eating past a certain time and get a 10 minute exercise regimine that you are comfortable doing. I stop eating at 6 and if I get hungry I do that little workout instead of eat. That will burn some fat no question. I lost 40 pounds just doing that. It's not what you eat, but how much of it you eat and if you use those calories up or not. No midnight snacks or late night indulging!

My little work out is stuff I like doing. Push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks. Pick whatever you are comfortable doing, that way when it comes time to do it you won't feel overwhelmed and say forget it.  Losing 40 lbs was a 6 month process, but it was easy and well worth it.

schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mikey
        that's a good idea thanks

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by weightgainers? 

Get more active.  Sitting in front of a computer is deadly for weight gain - your metabolic rate goes even lower than when you're watching television.  Get up every half hour and move around for 10 minutes.  Buy yourself a pedometer and monitor how many steps you're taking - keep aiming for a higher target every day.  Even things like getting up to change the channel on the TV, or walking around the house while you're on the phone can make a big difference over time.

medication like seroquel  which put on weight and make it almost impossible to lose it.
        I'll still trying but it's extremely difficult and discouraging.
        Unless you are an expert in that field, you can't really help though I'll consider your suggestions.
        Thankyou for your comment

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

btw what makes you ass u me I sit in front of the computer ALL day! big_smile

people assume weight problem is eating tons of food or not exercising, you're quite mistaken.  It can do with throid, damaged metabolism, certain medicines, etc..............In fact if you don't eat enough you will not lose weight- starving the body (unintentionally) will cause the fat cells to increase and you don't lose weight.  Oh well, no biggie.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

im sorry to hear that. well from looking at your avatar and assuming that might be your current pic, then i don't think you look over weight at all.  no, you look just fine to me.  however, if you really want to change your appearance, then the best i can tell you other than exercise is to watch what you eat.  believe me, just giving up things like sugar, candy and chocolate alone can reduce your weight.  plus, you should try protein shakes that help you lose weight.  take two a day and eat one meal that's light like a salad or something that's non fat, and that might help. anyways, i hope you find what me and what the others have said useful.

Thankyou, it's fairly recent

4. primalforce profile image60
      primalforceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, the two best things I think you can do are think thin and eat slowly. Chewing your food 20 to 30 times before yo swallow makes you eat less because your hunger goes away after about 20 minutes and you digest your food better.  Thinking thin means you focus on what you want to look like, see your new self. Instead of looking at yourself and thinking fat.  You sub conscious helps you get what ever you focus on but it does not understand not. If you think "not fat" it goes "I can do fat". But if you think thin it helps you do thin and encourages you to leave the chocolate alone lol.
      Good luck

I eat very slow most of the time! Also I drink alot of water.
        I worked as a vending machine helper and lugged 80 cases of soda a day -not drinking it and never lost one pound.

And I rarely like sweets.....

5. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Recognize that being on medication that alters your metabolism may make it impossible to lose weight.  Talk with your doctor about that.

You may have to address the medical conditions that led to the meds so that you don't need as much medication or can get off them before you get any significant weight change.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

thanks
    but all of my recent comments have been "pointless" as I can see now in retrospect.
    They're just complaints really, or groans and moans, if u will
    I guess in some I'm not expecting advice
    like because I've tried for long time
    but
    I do know the answer to all of this
    is to get away from the computer

3. PegCole17 profile image93
    PegCole17posted 13 years ago

My husband's family all have difficulty with carrying excess weight. His sister passed at 40 from a heart attack related to her very unhealthy weight. Although he tries to "diet" and we eat nearly the same things, he's gained over 50 pounds.

Medications do play a great part in weight gain. And I sympathize with your difficulties. Do the best you can and try not to be too hard on yourself. We are more than just our bodies.

PS - you did ask for advice in your question, right?

4. Never_Forget profile image57
    Never_Forgetposted 13 years ago

6 small meals a day + exercise = high metabolism

It may take a while, but if you get in the habit of eating 6 small meals a day, high in fiber, protein and complex carbs, and low in simple carbs and fat, and exercise for at least 20 minutes a day, your body will eventually have no choice but to be lean and fit. That's how you get your metabolism back to the way it is for teenagers and young adults.

5. Millergirls profile image60
    Millergirlsposted 13 years ago

I am getting ready to start this program I meet with my doctor tomorrow and will also be taking a shot of b-12 once a week!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)