Does religion reflect how we portray ourselves?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Randy Simonato profile image61
    Randy Simonatoposted 13 years ago

In depth what it is about our religions that appeal, repulse or influence some not to part take in?  This controversial subject perplexes me deeply.  I wish to know your thoughts

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that it mostly depends upon the seasoning.

Too much salt or not enough pepper. 
        I prefer mine rolled in a a pineapple sauce rolled in a flour and dried coconut batter then deep fried.

Sorry My mind went off track to shrimp.

Back to the question.  what it is about our religions that appeal, repulse or influence some not to part take in?

Seasoning!   Too many choices as to how it should be served.

They can't all be the "Best"

They do seem to be pointing to the same place.
        But ya don't know what path they are going to take.
        So  My self ...  I'll just see where they are pointing and try to meet them over there.

Sorry I don't think that I answered the question? 
      Or did I?

2. M. A. Hook profile image60
      M. A. Hookposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The definition of "a religious person" is a trusting heart, whether justified or misplaced.

The only thing that can block a trusting heart is anger in any of its many forms.

Trust is always attributed to the good; anger is the badge of not-good (the opposite of good).

This is true of all societies, whether religious or not.

Test it, and if it appears to fail, check your definitions of "trust" and "anger."

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Does religion reflect how we portray ourselves? It reflects on those who engage in religion or religious beliefs(mystic) poorly, simply because it displays a gross measure of ignorance beyond the absurd.

Oh well, it's too bad the rational and reasoned argument is so easily dismissed by those who are unable to see truth for what it is in life.

Those who are religious are selfish and don't see it. That's fine too, it just shows their blindness even more.

1. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does religion reflect how we portray ourselves? It reflects on those who engage in not believing poorly, simply because it displays a gross measure of ignorance beyond the absurd.

Oh well, it's too bad the rational and reasoned argument is so easily dismissed by those who are unable to see truth for what it is in life.

Those who are not religious are selfish and don't see it. That's fine too, it just shows their blindness even more.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image61
        stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Great answer!  It is so funny how some of the unbelievers say we are selfish because we believe.  How ridiculious is that?   big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. profile image57

howdy Sis

Hi bro.  I got a good  laugh out of your answer!  Loved it   I have heard that ridiculious statement so many times.  I have known ya for years, I didn't know you were selfish!  I thought ya were a very generious person.

Love ya

Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Goes to show how much you lack. hmm

You don't know me.   big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image70

You are all over the forums. Your words indict you. Enough said.

And the Lord is my witness.  I will not be ashamed.  You?  Yeah, he is your witness too.

Nice word manipulation. But, was expected. Meaningless as usual.

1. profile image57

Goes to show how much you lack
          Nice word manipulation. But, was expected. Meaningless as usual.

and you call us judgemental

See, nice word manipulation. Turning things around to appear to suit your needs. How nice? hmm

And, I didn't call you judgmental. So, try again.

1. profile image57

try reading what you write once in a while

Stop interpreting the words and mixing up your comprehension of the words and context.

That means, you might want to learn better reading skills.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image61

Don't ya just hate it when some one uses your own words against ya?  big_smile

1. profile image57

no he doesn't cause he does not see it

He should read his words.  His words mean no more to us than our words mean to him.
                  Good Night Brother,
                  Love ya

Only when nonsense is made. Yes. hmm

We agree, your words are nonsense.  big_smile

roll

3. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That blinding light you peer into does work some wonders I guess - you have exactly described religious people, and tried to turn it around to point to those others who do not share your delusion, do not indulge in self-satisfied bleating and do care about the world and its peoples.

1. profile image57

what are you doing for the world and its peoples

3. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Lets elect me to deside what is nonsence and what is not.

I'll be fair.

1. profile image57

I will go along with that Bro, then I will go get some sleep

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yea me too   gotta get up in 6 hours and go to work some more.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)