What kind of Hubber am I?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 15 years ago

Hi all, It has been more then 4 months that I joined this community of great authors. I have published 14hubs till date and have been active enough in reading and commenting on hubs and on forum here. I have seen that my hub score have been keeping something around 95 for the past one month or two. It even reached 99 one day. I have seen this kind of score with some very good and popular Hubbers. What shall I conclude by this? Am I being too optimistic?

It would be very helpful you guys could please also let me know how I am as a writer so far my writing style goes, the content I put in and the kind of Hubs I write. Just anything and everything from anyone is welcome. Be it advice or criticism, its all gonna be helpful to me! So speak guys speak!

2. Teresa McGurk profile image59
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

Will do -- lemme get reading!

packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Teresa. Waiting for your reply

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 15 years ago

Is English your native language? You seem to have some real basic grammar and punctuation errors.

Thanks for replying! Well not exactly, but I do speak English but maybe not so well sad. Anyways your comment is appreciated. Can you point out some of the exact problem that you found in my Hub? It will be great help. I will definitely try to improve.

4. adrainsean profile image40
    adrainseanposted 15 years ago

well  I dont  know  if you have  "ARRIVED" and  become  one of the hot shots hubber as you can see i just dont have the credentials to judge that, but i would like to say that  you have been  covering a  big  topics and niches in your hubs  from technology to internet, super  powers , science  , spritualism, natural health care, love and romance,  beauty and styling tips.

Not much hubber here have  vivid variety of hubs I hope  this  works in good favor with you  as  many  people and there is a  school of thought  which  says  a  hubber / suthor concentrating  on  one  niche  is better  as it can dominate  and get a  god name for itself in that arena.

But  i liked your hubs.. JUST  KEEP "EM  COMING

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

one shouldnt judge the quality of their writing from an arbitrary algorithm

1. Pest profile image77
      Pestposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that is a mouthful!  I just keep telling myself my crap is crap...and when i get a "nice" comment all the better.

6. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

i thought it  might be appreciated because it states in the authors profile "2002 mathematics garduate" ....[sic}

your hub score is just some random computation of your individual hub score plus your hubtivity (forums and comments) plus your traffic percentage times the meaning of the life...its a trifling matter really

1. Pest profile image77

Yup, take a almost two months off and look what i get.  90s to whatever I have now.  Could care less really.  My fans seem to like me and that is all that matters...smiles for them and all who read my junk.

7. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Pest! welcome back. We have been wondering about some of you MIA Hubbers...bout time..we were having withdrawals of some sort or another. smile hope you be doin some speed typin now, lol ......O.....back to the topic...I like to think that I am the loungey sort of Hubber?

1. Pest profile image77

that is how you can tell what kind of hubber you are.  Thanks!!  i posted a new one, Dame.

8. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Is that good or bad now, Pest, lol

9. k@ri profile image84
    k@riposted 15 years ago

I read it and it is good!

10. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 15 years ago

Thanks adrainsean, well actually I am not thinking in terms of building a niche. I just try to write what comes to me naturally. Though I am a bit inclined towards the environment hence you will find more hubs on health and environment.

Thanks sunforged for the reply, yes an algorithm cannot how well you write and that is why I posted this question here. Want some more input!

11. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 15 years ago

Just a couple examples:
    #1 Original
    "I think I have been a bit late in publishing this Hub by publishing it after Valentine’s Day but nothing doing, I got the idea bit late. This might have proved helpful to many, had it been published bit early. Nevertheless, it will still be helpful. A one-night stand can happen anytime and hence this Hub, I am sure will be a good help for everyone around who go for it."
    #1 Edited
    "I think I have been a bit late in publishing this Hub by publishing it after Valentine’s Day, but nothing doing, since I got the idea a bit late. This might have proved more helpful to many had it been published a bit earlier. Nevertheless, it will still be helpful. A one-night stand can happen anytime and hence this Hub, I am sure, will be a good guide for everyone around who follows it."

#2 Original
    "Today the Bit Torrent is one of the biggest and popular P2P file sharing network but torrent is not the end of the world. No matter where you go, there are always a competition so is the case with P2P file sharing. With different company competing for the top spot in the Internet file sharing world, clear winner are end users. Apart Bit Torrent, Internet users today has huge number of choices to make and try out new ways of sharing files over the Internet."
    #2 Edited
    "Today the Bit Torrent is one of the biggest and most popular P2P file sharing networks, but torrents are not the end of the world. No matter where you go there will always be competition P2P file sharing is no different. With many companies competing for the top spot in the internet file sharing world, the clear winners are the end users. Apart from Bit Torrent, Internet users today have a huge number of choices to make and opportunities to try out new ways of sharing files over the Internet."

The changes I made are really minor, but most of them are pretty basic mistakes that should be caught easily during proofreading. Some of them are kind of odd usages or inappropriate versions of verbs or adjectives, which is why I asked if English was your native language. I think you have interesting topics and good info on them, but you should try to do a thorough proofreading. If need be, ask a friend to look it over before you publish the hub. I don't really know what your intentions are in terms of writing, but you can never go wrong by having your work look as professional as possible.

Thank you so very much EYEAM4ANARCHY. Thanks for pointing out problems in my Hubs so specifically. I have understood what you want to say and will definitely be looking in the matter. Thanks you so much, that was a great feedback.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)