Another eye opening Interview for Obama and for us to consider Nov 2nd

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)
  1. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

From Univision

Most recently, in an effort to get out the Hispanic vote for Democrats in the upcoming midterms, Obama was interviewed by Eddie Sotelo for Univision. The president stated,quote:

"The problem that we have is, is that until I can get some cooperation from the other side, then people who are anti-immigration reform can continue to block it. And that's why this election coming up is so important because we essentially have to say that those who are politicizing the issue, who are supportive of the Arizona law, who talk only about border security but aren't willing to talk about the other aspects of this, who don't support the Dream Act, who are out there engaging in rhetoric that is divisive and damaging that -- those aren't the kinds of folks who represent our core American values."

Mr. Obama is saying that he represents our American values, and as such, he is able to catalog those who do not.

Those who support the securing of our borders prior to passing another one of Obama's "reform" projects -- in this case, legal protection for those having entered our country illegally -- do not represent our "core American values." When Obama throws the word "core" into the phrase, you know he's deep in anti-American water.

Those shockingly judgmental words above came from the same interview in which the representative of our core American values also said this:

And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder and that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2.

First, Obama labels those who support border enforcement and oppose his amnesty scheme "divisive and damaging." Next, Obama decides to embody his language by calling his critics his "enemies" (in this case, 64% of the country). The fact that President Obama made such an utterance for the public is jaw-dropping. That's the sort of remark one would expect to have been heard off-mic and leaked to the press. However, since Obama defines our American values, those who oppose him are considered enemies to American ideals and values.

It appears that Chicago brass knuckles politics now represents our core American values. Obama is the same guy who warned about bringing "a gun" to the political fight, having his boot on the neck of a certain enemy, and engaging in "hand-to-hand combat" if the Republicans win a majority in Congress. And most eerily of all, during his own campaign, Obama spoke of needing a civilian national security force that's just as powerful and well-funded as the U.S. military.

So our core American values require us to support whatever "reform" Obama is pushing. Mr. Obama's use of any necessary means (including bullying, dividing via race and class warfare, intimidating, etc.) to achieve his "reforms" also represents our new American values. And of course, whatever Obama is pushing is necessarily one and the same with our core American values. It's all sort of circular.

The sad reality is that a man was somehow elected who is effectively a foreigner to our real American values. Our quintessential American value, liberty, means being free from central control. Of course, that's the very antithesis to the ideology of the man occupying the White House.

Vote on Nov 2nd people this is very important to our nation.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

So what exactly would you expect him to say to a Latino audience?
    Is Obama the first politician to select his message to appeal to the people he is talking to? No.Not by a long shot!
    He is pragmatic enough to know that deporting every person who is here illegally is not the answer.
    BTW, he did send a large number of National Guard troops down to secure our borders further.
    However, he rightfully recognizes that there has to be a path to citizenship for people who have been here living and working for years, perhaps decades.
    Like pretty much everything else these days, this is not a black and white issue (and no, I am not referring to skin color).

His pitch makes perfect sense, given the audience. If the Hispanic vote stays home on November 2nd they will not be happy with what results from the election. End of dialogue, end of story.

1. Petra Vlah profile image59
      Petra Vlahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where I see more of a problem for the democrats in Nov. is the fact that they are losing the vote of the senior citizens. Congress did not give a cost of living increase (social security) in 2 years saying that "there is no inflation".
      How crazy is that?

Obama is campagning for the young vote and for the latino vote and does not realize that the ones who always vote are the senior citezens? That is political suicide...

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not the 250.00 Petra, it the loss of benifits for all of us who have and are working for that.

He wants the young because they are easily brainwashed, he wants the latino vote because he has a ready supply of people from Mexico to use as he wishes. he cares no more for their welfare what-so-ever, just their votes.

The monies to pay back all of the spending has to come from some where, and its a short matter of time when he pushes his Dem. army to raid everything, Retirments, savings, investments, banks etc... to grab the dough. 

he's a sham for a president, he knows he's exposed now and they have turned the campagins vicious, because thay have no real agenda except Big Big Goverment. It all Progressive Lies, on the road to Communism.

He portrays his False beliefe in This Country to get the power.

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

His pitch is crap, and you it makes sense..?

How is flooding the welfare roles, the hospitals and schools with the burden of illegal entrants making sense?

Unless you wish to pack the poles for illegal votes..?

Sense you love the pitch so much, how much are you paying to support those kids and folks who do not have the means..?

How much?

3. Mighty Mom profile image77

On the road to Communism?
    That's a joke, right?
    If Obama wanted to turn the country communist, why would he bail out the banks? Why would he create stimulus plans?
    I honestly don't know where people come up with this nonsense,

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I didn't like that he referred to fellow Americans as his "enemies." He's supposed to be my president - the president of ALL Americans.

5. Mighty Mom profile image77

You know, reading a transcript of what he said, you really get an idea of how convoluted his language is! There are so many mini-parts to each sentence it's easy to lose sight of the subject and the object! Yikes!

As I reread that one sentence, it APPEARS (and this is wide open to interpretation) that he is talking about the enemies of the Latinos, which is not the same thing as saying "his" enemies. Still, it's not very clear.
    But what is very clear (in general, not from the speech) is that Obama DOES have enemies and he is very, very aware of that!

Here's the part I think you were referring to, Habee:

And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder and that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2

I've gotta shut down for the night.  Exhausted from watching the Rangers get blown out by the Giants tonight. I was actually routing for the Rangers cuz I felt so bad. Hope they make it a fair fight on Saturday when they're on home turf!

Night all!

6. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

The key element of what he was saying is about people... who talk only about border security but aren't willing to talk about the other aspects of this

It's the "aren't willing to talk about the other aspects" that is his point.  And I don't even like his approach in many ways.

But, politics in this country are a joke.  I'm not even going to take sides on this here.  I made my side clear in my "Gay Proposal" hub.  What pisses me off is that, Obama, despite all the crap he's doing that I think is wrong, CONTINUES TO TRY TO BE A STATESMAN and the petty, small-minded partisans just stuff their fingers in their ears and go, "I can't hear you, lalalalalalala," and tacitly nod to morons like Michael Savage who is the most specious, egotistical pedant of all time.  The fact that someone like him can do what he is doing only proves how failed our educational system is now.

I am a conservative.  Frankly, I'm a Libertarian.  But, first and foremost I believe in the pursuit of truth and the genuine, honest, open debate between sincere, concerned citizens of intelligence and learning.

Obama has a LOT wrong, in my opinion.  But look what he SAID.  He said, his problem is that "people aren't willing to talk aobut other aspects."

The sh!t going wrong in the U.S. is COMPLICATED.  Angry, emotional, "git them bastards" types of solutions are not going to help.  And I'm not talking about the Arizona law.  That law is what it is. It's the law that passed in that state. Whatever.

People.  Let's talk.

The political commercials that have aired these last few weeks are shameful.  We are crapping on our democracy before the entire world.  We, as a nation, want to sell democracy as the answer to all the petty dictatorships around the globe, the rat countries that vex our corporations... the ones that vex our bleeding heart tree huggers...   Well I have news for all of you: we look like assh@les right now.

Bring dignity back to statesmanship.  (Ain't gonna happen, but, hey, at least I pointed out why it's taking a crap and offered a solution.)

7. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

This is what I think about Obama:

I voted for McCain because I've always respected him as a person and as a moderate who was willing to work with democrats. Bush failed, in part, because he was a fiscal RINO and a social conservative. I prefer the opposite. McCain should have won the R nomination in 2000, but Rove and his deceitful tactics put an end to that.

Obama swept into office on a tidal wave. He inspired millions to vote for the very first time, and people were sick of Bush. Obama promised too much, and naive voters swallowed it. I honestly think Obama meant well, but once he got into office, he realized that being prez was a lot tougher than he thought it would be - even with the dem majorities in the House and the Senate. Now his base is largely disillusioned because change hasn't happened.

I often wonder what would have happened if Hillary had won. I have more respect for her than I do for Obama. He's too indecisive - look how many times he refused to take a stand on issues when he was a senator. Hil and McCain are good friends, too, and I think she would have appointed him as Secretary of State or some other high position, providing an impetus for dems and reps to perhaps work together more.

Obama's presidency has been extremely divisive - whether he intended it to be or not. It's brought out the worst on both sides, it seems, and moderate candidates have little chance of getting elected.

8. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

I nominate Barrack Obama for president of Mexico.

Viva la Presidente.

9. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

"moderate candidates have little chance of getting elected."

There is a lot that I disagree with your post about but this caught my eye.

Who are you saying is a moderate?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)