Should same sex couples be allowed to adopt children in Ireland

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (34 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Same sex couples are not allowed to adopt children in Ireland.....

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They shouldn't be allowed to adopt children anywhere.

1. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seconded.

2. Red_Hot_Dave profile image60
        Red_Hot_Daveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Totally. I'd much rather live in an orphanage and be abused than be cared for my a gay couple, because the sex life of strangers is TOTALLY your business.

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      3. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why not?

1. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because ideally, children need the influences of both male and female. But I would agree with Red Hot that it would be better to be raised by a same-sex couple than suffer abuse.

2. NewFamilyOrg profile image60
      NewFamilyOrgposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same-Sex couples should have the same rights as hereosexual couples, to marriage, to have children, to register their union, share property and assets, everything.

1. thekidandblue profile image60
        thekidandblueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Indeed. when you think about it, it has't been that long since being gay was illegal in Ireland and they are making progress quickly to catch up with the rest of the countries where this is allowed.

3. EWS profile image59
      EWSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't care.  The more of this crap I see the deeper I know we are in the last days and the closer I know we are to the end of Armageddon.  Morals have gone down the drain.  That's not going to change.  The best thing I can do on an individual level is show people what the bible really teaches, motivate them to turn their life in harmony with God, and try to keep free from this wicked world as much as possible.

2. Red_Hot_Dave profile image60
    Red_Hot_Daveposted 14 years ago

As long as children are kept away from priests, I don't see any issue.

3. theirishobserver. profile image60

nice one Dave I see your keeping up to date with religious goings on....

1. Red_Hot_Dave profile image60

Nothing like a state sponsored paedophile ring to capture my interest1.

4. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Since I don't live in Ireland or plan to, what they do in Ireland can stay in Ireland.  Feel free.

5. marcel285 profile image65
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

I support gays, but it's hard to say whether they should be allowed to adopt kids or not.. On one hand, a loving, and nice gay couple may be able to give a child a good life, better than some traditional couples, whom have problems in their relationship and it damages the children. On the the other hand, the child may be wrongly influenced to become gay themselves. There's nothing wrong with being gay, but it certainly shouldn't be encouraged. If a child is raised by two males whom are both mother and father figures, it could really confuse the child, and they may not have a clear understanding of the difference between women and men..So no, probably not.

1. niner profile image61
      ninerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please show me the study where you read that gay couples produce gay children, or that being raised by two males or females makes a child unable to tell the difference between a penis and a vagina. It's incredibly hypocritical of you to say that you "support the gays", and then go on to say that being gay should not be encouraged? Clearly you still believe that our (I'm assuming your straight) choice of lifestyle is better than their's and feel free to pass judgement.

For anyone to judge another's parenting skills based on their sexual orientation absolutely baffles me.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's much more baffling to realize that straight married couples are progressively being forced to share their status (and figuratively, their bed) with same-sex couples.  But very frightening that we're told we must share child-rearing with their immoral mindset.

And LOL at your question about children knowing the difference between male and female body parts, because THAT's the basis of the hyprocrisy of the gay agenda, the fact that they rebel at the fact that males are born males and females are born females (except for the occasional anamoly) and as such are meant to have attraction toward the opposite sex.

It's the gay agenda that's trying to brainwash children.  Immature adults trying to somehow excuse their own actions by teaching children to condone it.  Innocent children being basically mind-raped by people who refuse to acknowledge their own inability to resist temptation.   Lord have mercy on the impressionable youths of this society!

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
          Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, I think society is missing the point. It is selfish for same sex couples to adopt innocent children. Do they not think about the damaging effects this could cause mentally for the child?

6. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

What does a persons sexual orientation have to do with there parenting skills.

Exactly my point.

You can't force someone to be gay.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People afraid of or despising gays always make me wonder...
        I know a lot of them that have gay husbands or  children, and they know it.
        I will never understand hypocrisy.

Neither will they.

I accept that homophobes will always exist, but they could at least have the courtesy to mind their own!

7. theageofcake profile image60
    theageofcakeposted 14 years ago

It confounds me that there is still even debate on this topic.  Yes - same sex couples should be allowed the right to adopt anywhere.  Having gay parents will not turn a child gay, and even if it did, would that really be a problem?  With poverty and ongoing health care issues in the U.S. alone, there are too many people in poor health to be adding more.

As it is, when the breeders reproduce and can't/don't want to take care of their own children, the gays who want kids can come in and provide stable familial support.  That way, everybody wins.

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

As long as they stay there! Please don't let them come back!

9. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I am a really conservative guy philosphically , but I gotta say that I would rather a child have a loving home then no home at all.

10. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I see no reason a same sex couple can not adopt children. I think it is a horrible law when the couple could be the best, most loving and caring parents ever...
    yet I know in the US an addict can have their child bouce around foster care , get them back, put them through a life of heck, and back into the foster system they go..

If I had to chose where a baby would go, I would definitly pick the same sex couple who could provide a stable , loving home instead of create another wasted life because of the way a child had to grow up...

11. theirishobserver. profile image60

BC Boutique, I hear what you are saying, here in Ireland the Catholic Church dominated the country for many decades and we have only really started to 'accept' that there is actually a Gay community in our midst.....equal status I think is  along way off.....

12. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I believe I answered this before, but if a child if given a good, stable, loving home...I see no problem with it all...if 2 people can provided needed love for a child, so let them!

and I am not homosexual, I am strictly heterosexual.but I do not judge other people for the way they are or choose to be...ever!

13. profile image52
    AnthonyReillyposted 13 years ago

Why not?! Ireland is stuck in the 50's in a lot more aspects! There are children living in broken homes, orphanages, foster care and worse. I think its wrong and very degrading to have any law to stop a gay couple parenting a child! What can a straight couple give a child that a gay couple cannot? Nothing! Gay people are people too with the emotional capacity to look after a child, they are no less able to raise, teach and support a child than a straight couple. They have the emotional capacity as I said along with the exact amount of abilities as a straight couple! No one has to right and rightly so to stop anyone raising a family no matter their gender or sexuality! I think peoples perception needs to be adressed everyone is entitiled to their opinion but opinions should still contain a little respect for others. We are all on this planet together no one is either above or any better than each other so it would be nice for a little consideration. People need to understand no matter their views we are powerless over our sexuality its not a choice nor a preference so who gives anyone the right to deny anyone anything that could fulfill their lives and give them happiness?

14. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Sure.

15. niner profile image61
    ninerposted 13 years ago

Well, since we are clearly just impressionable youth who have been mind-raped by homosexuals it makes sense that you gladly ignore the logical points we make and instead throw in your purely opinionated statements.

Again, please show me ANY evidence you have that suggests children of gay parents exhibit "damaged" affects or are somehow tricked into becoming gay themselves?

Your LOL at the "hypocrisy of the gay agenda" is also extremely rude, hypocritical and makes no sense.  There have been homosexuals throughout all of history, and some animal species also exhibit same-sex relationships.  What reason do you have, besides who you happen to be attracted to and how you were raised, to say that males and females are only supposed to be attracted to each other?

Instead of trying to advocate against happy families who have preferences that happen to be different than yours based simply on the fact that is disturbs you, why don't you go out and help the thousands of damaged children of abusive, Christian marriages and try to limit the lives of their parents.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do I have?

I have something you have also, but apparently have shoved aside, unused.  A conscience.

1. niner profile image61
        ninerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I see your point now.  Wonderful answer. smile

16. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 13 years ago

Anywhere EXCEPT Ireland.  LMAO....what does this question even mean?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)