How do I start getting traffic and get recognized by SE's?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Syrusv37 profile image81
    Syrusv37posted 13 years ago

So I'm a first time hubber and I just finished publishing my hub and signed up for Google Adsense. How do I go about getting traffic to my hub and getting recognized by SE's? I'm still pretty new to this, only signed up five days ago, thanks.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you want topic which are hot -- then think and write about what is hot stuff  -- celebrities -- but it doesn't earn bec the pay per click is low.

Ms lrohner is right.

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
    Hestia DeVotoposted 13 years ago

I've been here just over a week, and I'm really liking the help that Hubpages offers about hubs.  I'm almost ready to read this section of the learning center, http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/cate … g-traffic/

3. tritrain profile image71
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

The big search engines crawl Hub Pages regularly, however I think it's still worth submitting them.

I wrote a couple Hubs that are on my profile page.  Use both and you should have a good start.

4. Syrusv37 profile image81

Thanks. I'll look around, but im getting a bunch of stuff about backlinking and feedlists and stuff i really don't understand just yet. Do I need to go to places like Myspace and Facebook and share links? What's the best way to get a lot of traffic

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The best way to get traffic is to write quality content on topics that people are searching for. Keyword selection is key. The keyword you ultimate choose should not only have a decent amount of people searching for it, you must be sure that your hub is better optimized for the search engines than its competition.

A few backlinks can help, but not if the other factors (keyword selection, on-page optimization, etc.) aren't in place.

5. blackhatworld profile image59
    blackhatworldposted 13 years ago

You are doing just that by joining the Hub community.  Check out my blog blackhatworld.  I believe it has all the information you need.  That site ranks within the 1,000 most popular websites on the internet today.  Stop by and see for your self.

6. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Irohner said it.  Quality is king, and the rest won't matter or help without quality.  On the other hand, quality will win out in the long run without lots of backlinks or promotion.

As a newbie, my suggestion is to spend 1/2 your time learning about SEO, optimization, RSS feeds etc. and the other 1/2 the time writing.  Post some hubs in the extreme makeover forum and ask for help tweaking them.  Learn, learn, learn.  You're in school again - make use of it.

Search hubs for SEO and optimization techniques.  Read Edweirdo and Darkside as a beginning and go from there.  Learn some more, and write.  Participate in the forums and learn even more.

Above all, don't get discouraged.  It takes time and effort.  There are more than a few hubs written about personal HP experiences, including one I just wrote a few days ago.  Check some of them out and get an idea of what you can expect to happen and when.

7. Syrusv37 profile image81

Sounds good, I'm pretty sure it's not as complicated as it seems, but right now it's all hazy. I've only just finished my first hub and its all original content. Hopefully I'll find ways to drag in more traffic and keep learning. Thanks and if you guys have any more advice, i'm all for it.

8. MimiKat33 profile image60
    MimiKat33posted 13 years ago

Learning about Keywords, SEO, and Optimization can be daunting.  I've found alot of information at the HubPages Learning Center at
    http://learningcenter.hubpages.com.  There you will find videos of actual training sessions which you can play and replay for the information.
    I agree, quality hubs will eventually get noticed and it does take some time to figure out what it is about your hub that is attracting the attention.

Good luck

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)