Another curiosity

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. snakebaby profile image65
    snakebabyposted 13 years ago

A hubber I have followed for quite a few months closed his account suddenly. This hubber had over 300 hubs and joined 15 months ago. I believe many of his hubs enjoyed descent traffic. I don't understand when a hubber would make such decision? I did notice his hubber score went from above 80 to around 70 (mostly under 70 and the lowest 65) in just short few days and never went up the old level, that is, by the way, another mystery I can't understand (he published quite some hubs in short period of time). His profile had PR3, something many of us don't even have. Is it a smart decision to close his account simply because of the hopeless hubbber score? I don't get it. Would it be possible a score above 90 somehow one day dropped to under 70? If so, how? If so, should one close his account?

2. snakebaby profile image65
    snakebabyposted 13 years ago

Not sure if this is not a good topic or my thread got drowned in the occean

3. Moonchild60 profile image74
    Moonchild60posted 13 years ago

What is PR3?  You asked alot of questions, maybe that threw people.  I don't get it either though quite honestly, how does ones score go down like that?  I would have to say there was all sort of things going on behind the scenes here.  Seems odd.

snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

PR3 is the google page rank, 10 is the best, none is the least.
      It is indeed true, that one hubber's score went down the hill like that. I have to admit I pay quite some attention to the score, just like many others do, that is why I noticed this big change and when I saw him disappeared from my follower list, I began to wonder why. I searched his hubber id, it wasn't there; I searched one of his hubs in google, found it but it said "no longer published".  His account is indeed gone. I also don't understand why his score just never returned to the old level after two weeks. That is why I wanted to know what would cause this so I could prepare myself not to (accidentally) follow the same foot steps.

4. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Your hubber score is just a social nicety, if you will. I know of some hubbers that make good money on here with a score of 76 or so.

Frankly I don't even understand why there is a hubber score or whatever. If you make hubs for money and are making the money you want, then a score of 10 is fine as who cares?

If your here just to write for enjoyment, then again who cares what your score is? I never care what mine is as it seems to be just a reflection on how much you participate, like a game.

It does seem strange however someone would leave with that many hubs. They must have been making nice money. Oh well,,, hmm

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I took a lot of mine down, some will return, but I have new additions to nearly all. I created a round robin by using an Avatar, got some people hooked to start attracting a crowd. Lots of mystery, several stories, all of which are really works in progress. I offered my system to others, but my approach needed work. Snake was one. Opportunity only knocks once. I don't have time to waste with chickens. Birds of a feather, you know. smile

Now you finally admitted you were "the one"! Guess you really should go hunt after roosters with no special eyes, not chicks! Everyone here should post their own picture for their profiles so you can check around and see who needs your help.

Everyone knows opportunity knocks door only once, but we also know "no pain no gain", "no free lunch", speaking from my own experiences and lessons learned. I hope you would not take advantage of this hubs platform to promote whatever mysterious system of your own in hope that others would follow you. "my approach needed work"? Are you kidding me? Just needed work? Regardless, you have been abusive of hub's system for the main purpose of getting others to your "system"! In your definition, I think all hubbers here will be categorized as chickens!

I honestly no longer think that way. Your hubber score has the following benefits:
      1. If you can have score 100, people on this site will find you immediately, therefore more follows leads to more traffic, then it may leads to more signups which you can benefit for life. 100 is hard to achieve for most of us, but with higher scores the chance to be found is higher.
      2. Without the above benefit, it may not make any differences for a score like 75 and 95, but 75 can easily fluctuate to around 70 which will not give you the benefit of backlinks, that can be frustrating if your mean purpose here is to promote your other sites; even score like 80 may go down to below 75 at anytime, so staying at 80 just doesn't feel secure so you want to move higher to avoid the 75 line.

In the extreme case like this one, not sure what happened, but it could be frustrating for the hubber. I observed he stopped publishing after his score was going down significantly, and for two weeks he did not publish anything, then his account just vanished. So no matter what happened, his hubber score meant a lot to him.

5. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Is it possible his hubs were pirated and taken dowm by a DMCA complaint?

Have no idea what is "pirated". He's got quite some followers too. People kept on following him till the day

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pirated: copied from someone else or multiple others.   In other words, not his, so he was forced to take them down and HP closed his account.

Possible?

Anything is possible. But since he got over 300 hubs, and the very last one he published is still ranked well in SE. So I doubt it is exactly the case, though he poured in a lot in the last days (like around 4 hubs everyday), all specifically merchant related, but still it doesn't make sense since others are doing the same. Sad to see him gone mysteriously after all.

6. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

It could be the hubber decided to use his articles on his own or another site!

1. J Sunhawk profile image67
      J Sunhawkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what I'm thinking, too. If he started getting good traffic and clicks, maybe he rolled up his hub tent and started his own web site. After all, 100% of ad sense is more than 60%. Then again, I'm assuming he'll lose age and all the backlinks pointing to his hubpages.

Who knows...

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What was the name?

1. profile image0
          TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have the same question in my mind after first started to read this thread.

I doubt it. Even if he decided to do so, why bother taking everything down while they still generate traffic therefore money? Unless there is another site sort of like hubpages that he thinks is even better and he has to take them down, but I doubt it.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
          Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I understand what happened correctly, his HubScore went to under 75, which would mean no traffic from search search engines anyway.  If the person was doing something that would make his Hubs drop in score, and if he knew he wasn't going to fix what he'd been doing in order to make their scores go back up again, chances are he saw no reason to leave the stuff up.

1. SiddSingh profile image61
            SiddSinghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Author score below 75 only means that the links in hubs will become no-follow - it won't affect the SE traffic.

It actually will affect his traffic if the score constantly below 75, since whatever SE optimization he's been trying to do has all gone wasted. I believe embed your own hub links in a natural way in other of your hubs eventually brings you more traffic. Plus effort promoting your other outside websites would also mean nothing. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)