Looking for a coach, mentor or guide

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Seanachai profile image60
    Seanachaiposted 13 years ago

Hello,

I am new to Hubpages and have been spending quite a bit of time in the Learning Center. Although the information there has been somewhat helpful, it has also been complicated and rather overwhelming.

In terms of where I’m at in the process, I have already created an account, gave myself a username/pseudonym “Seanachai”, and created a profile. But I was wondering if it would be possible for a Hubber or Hubbers to coach, mentor or guide me through the first basic steps of hub creation and monetization.

Rather than trying to sort through, prioritize, and coordinate all the considerations and features of the Learning Center at once, I would like to take it one concept and one step at a time appropriate to the beginning scope and level I’m at right now.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
    Seanachai

1. sarovai profile image74
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome Seanachai to hubpages. I would like to say that Interest in anything make you learn more about something. So, You started in a good way. Learning center is the base. You may build your knowledge about hubpages just by interacting, reading experienced hubber's hub and learning techiques of monetizing.All the best.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I offer mentoring, and will take you through the entire process. Contact me through my profile page if you are prepared to invest time and money.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

A mentor would be convenient, but there is so much to learn that the ability to do research is much more important.

To start somewhere, check out the Extreme Hub Makeover forum, where you can get feedback for your hubs. You can see what kind of feedback others have gotten.

I recommend that you make it clear to yourself from the onset whether making money is important to you. If that is the case, you have some work to do concerning keyword research and finding what will hopefully be a profitable niche. It is pointless to start writing on topics that are unlikely to generate income, for example creative writing or strictly personal experiences.

Do not only look at the Learning Center for information. The FAQs, available from the "help" menu, are equally important. And you will get used to searching the forums and hubs for information on specifics. Basically, there is nothing new under the sun; virtually anything you can think of has been discussed and written about before.

1. Seanachai profile image60
      Seanachaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Website Examiner.
      I will explore Extreme Hub Makeover and FAQ's.
      I have decided I do want to pursue monetization, but I also am not going to set myself up for failure with false or unrealistic expectations. I'm not going to expect to make money after one or two or even the first few hubs. It's going to take a considerable amount of practice, learning, and old fashioned hard work before realizing desirable returns through Ad Sense and/or other forms of monetization.

True, in manner of speaking, there really is nothing "new" under the sun.
      However, history is replete with scientists, artists, authors, musicians, composers and philosophers who have brought new and/or different ways of perceiving and seeing that which is not "new" -- thus providing new enjoyment enrichment and/or useful insight.

Meanwhile, and much more humbly, my next step is simply to figure out why my next step is going to be.

Thank you for your suggestions.

sincerely,
      Seanachai

1. profile image47
        Sword of Fireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excellent Hands.

2. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. Oh, by the way, I merely meant that there is nothing new under the sun when finding the information on how to become a successful Hubber. I am sure you will be able to make an original contribution, even though the writing game can be a competitive field. Good luck!

3. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

WELCOME Seanachai!  smile

Mate, you ever need help with something, just email me through my profile page.

More than likely I will never be able to answer your question, but just the same lol  Just kidding, but if I could not, I would ask someone who could [ie; run like hell to websiteE]  I have been here about a year and a half, I already have all good feelings of you being a great Hubber.

Welcome again smile

1. sarovai profile image74
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi kimberlyslyrics, your profile details shows that you are Joined seven months before. Do you have another account in hubpages?
      kimberlyslyrics
      2631 posts
      Hubs: 12
      Followers: 502

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kimberly is telling the truth. She had a different account here with many followers, took a break, and returned with this account.

4. Seanachai profile image60
    Seanachaiposted 13 years ago

Thank you to Website Examiner, Mark, Sarvoai, and Kimberly for your great responses. I have taken your advice and done more FAQ and Hub Makeover research. Right now I am taking small steps.

Kimberly, thank you for your offer. I think I might just take you up on it. I'll just try to make sure not to wear out my welcome. smile

Mark, after reading your profile I am very impressed by the amount of knowledge and experience you have with doing business on the internet and making money online. But the amount of spare capital I have to invest right now is very low. Therefore, I'm going to have to stick with taking small, baby steps until I can build up enough money to invest in making more money.

Thanks again smile
    Seanachai

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)