HubCamp SF - Live in the Learning Center!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

At LONG LAST, the footage and materials of our first ever HubCamp are up in the Learning Center and ready for your viewing pleasure. 

You'll see that HubCamp now has its own section, and we recommend you watch the sections of the event in order, as we've structured it so that you can go through HubCamp and create a new hub in the process.

The convenient thing about the online version of HubCamp is that you can take as long as you like to play around after each lesson, and you can also re-play the footage and read through our notes as many times as you like!

I hope you enjoy it- and if the online version just ain't cuttin' it for you, keep checkin in on our Meetup Everywhere page - we're in the process of scheduling several more HubCamp seminars over the next couple of months.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The online version is a very big help. Thanks so much to HubPages for this outreach!

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I bet you're not planning an Australian hubcamp anytime soon, are you? sad sad sad

I shall go look at the videos once I've done my assignment. big_smile

Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You never know! We're going to all sit down as a team and work out the HubCamp seminar schedule for the next couple of months next week.  There's definitely a chance, no?  big_smile

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope so!

I know of one other person in my town who hubs (never met her), plus I have got three referrals here...

I know of at least five other hubbers in my state. And probably at least 30 forum regulars are hubbers in Australia.

big_smile would be a great idea and I'd definitely travel to where ever it was!

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
          MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll travel to anywhere in Oz too, hope you do have one down here Simone smile

2. profile image49
      ashi11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

3. sid_candid profile image56
      sid_candidposted 13 years ago

I just saw the video. It is nice and felt nice to be part pf Hubpages. Waiting for a Hubcamp in India.

1. profile image0
        maddy757posted 13 years agoin reply to this

same here.. ! but i think it shall take some more time for them to come here.!

4. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

thanks Simone! I started viewing part of it yesterday. It's very helpful. I'm looking forward to going through the entire series.

5. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 13 years ago

East Coast should be next

1. livewithrichard profile image72
        livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL I vote for Chicago, it's closer. smile

2. Simone Smith profile image86

Both are on the list! Dates coming soon big_smile

3. lrohner profile image70
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second the East Coast. smile NYC would be nice...

6. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 13 years ago

Well done, HubPages! Just finished watching. Great stuff!

There is always more to learn. smile

7. CASE1WORKER profile image62
      CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

how about the UK?
      If you picked somewhere central like Birmingham or Covernty I am sure that you would get a lot of takers.

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Come to Bristol - central for Birmingham, Coventry, London, Wales and the North.  Great train links, roads and planes from Scotland and Manchester to Bristol International airport.  Bristol is the place to be!!!

2. Simone Smith profile image86

Working on it! We're doing research on the top hubber-populated areas to help us decide.

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have a few hubbers in the Spanish Costas which should make for a nice holiday at the same time:)

2. profile image0
          shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful news, considering I live in the centre of everything, middle of nowhere! lol wink

8. Peggy W profile image94
      Peggy Wposted 13 years ago

Texas must have a good number of hubbers.  Houston would be a great location.  Hint!  Hint!  Fingers crossed!  Hint!

Noted big_smile

9. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 13 years ago

Hubpages is coming to us all. smile

10. RedElf profile image89
      RedElfposted 13 years ago

on my way to check it out - thanks, Simone!

11. travel_man1971 profile image63
      travel_man1971posted 13 years ago

I perused the HubCamp Learning Center and saved it. Thanks, Simone for 'shedding' an eyebrow completing it for us (non-attendees)big_smile

Awesome!  Yeah, it's not as good as being there in person, but the useful info is still there!!

12. adrienne2 profile image66
      adrienne2posted 13 years ago

Fantastic! Thanks Simone. I've already learned what I can to increase my traffic by watching the first 3 videos.

Oh, fantastic! I'm glad you're finding it useful big_smile

13. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years ago

If the fine people at Hubpages HQ would do one in the UK, then I would walk there wherever it was and camp out with a sleeping bag until I got to meet them and other wonderful hubbers.

Or you could all come round to my house...bring a bottle and some nibbles!

Hey, sounds good!!  Watch out, waynet, we just might take you up on that XD

14. Bizziebee profile image60
      Bizziebeeposted 13 years ago

Great stuff, thanks Simone smile

15. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
      DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

Watched the videos---a word of advice--IE doesn't play them worth hang--it stops to buffer about every 5 seconds!!  Works much better on Google Chrome or Firefox.

Aha! Very good to know.  They're playing through Vimeo- have you noticed Vimeo videos in general playing slower over IE?  Do YouTube videos perform better?

16. Purple Perl profile image49
      Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Simone,
      Thanks for the useful resources @ the Learning Center. Every hubber will benefit from it,particularly newbies.

I hope so!  The team here put a lot of thought into the materials- so that we adequately catered to the big questions and whatnot.  If there's ever anything you think we could better explain, don't hesitate to let us know!

17. MyWebs profile image79
      MyWebsposted 13 years ago

Who could argue with Las Vegas? Everyone wants to come here to play and have fun, especially if they can write it off. Room rates are a real bargain too!

18. sim0n30 profile image61
      sim0n30posted 13 years ago

If you come to Ireland, i will treat the whole team to a night of Guiness!

Oooh! Nice!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)