This website has stolen content

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

I asked on Money Glitch's hub if crediting the writer and posting a link to their original article was sufficient to avoid copyright infringement, but thankfully, that is not the case - YAY

I had already used the HubPages feature to file a notice with them several days ago but have heard NOTHING, and the content is still up. These are supposed to be reputable guys, so what's up?

As well, I have tried to create a sign-on so I could directly contact the person who used my hub (and did a really bad job of posting it, I must say) and let them know they should take it down, but the Sign-In feature won't work for me. The "use your Amazon account to log in" never finishes loading, and I don't have an American cell-phone carrier so that my email can be verified.

I am getting totally frustrated by the big IGNORE from Amazon.

Judging by the lack of concern they are showing about "answers" posted on their site, maybe you all better check and see who else is up there...

ht tp://askville.amazon.com/CORE-RHYTHMS-EXERCISE-PROGRAM-MEN-DADS-MOMS/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=32850294

...and I am SO signing up for hubdefender!!!!!!!

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So sorry to hear you are there as well. Someone copied one of my hubs in its entirety, and are refusing to take it down. Only good thing is that they have given me a backlink  - oh and the hub is practically useless without its amazon modules which of course if anyone wants to know more about they can click on the link the thief left which takes them right back to my hub.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

its really frustrating. what is hubdefender?

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just type it into your browser and add .com

2. Edweirdo profile image83
      Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HubDefender.com is a website I started recently - it allows HubPages users to sign up and scan their hubs for duplicate content online.

The service comes in two "flavors" - free accounts that allow manual searches and paid memberships that perform the searches for you automatically.

3. RedElf profile image89
      RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HubDefender.com is a website that checks your URLs and notifies you of "evildoers" - stolen content

HubPages does that for you already, but EdWeirdo's database has soem interesting functions in addition to what HubPages does for us here.

I am VERY happy with what HubPages does for us, but am so tired of stolen content that I welcome a second way to smite the evildoers wink ...and also to support a fellow hubber's hard work big_smile

1. Edweirdo profile image83
        Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not to toot my own horn, but my site is a lot more thorough, at least in my own experience as a hubber.

I have never received a duplicate content warning from HubPages, but have had quite a few hubs stolen during my 10 months here. I only found out about the thievery because other hubbers posted the sites on the forums here, or contacted me directly.

That was actually the inspiration behind creating the site - manually searching all of my hubs was too much work, so I wrote a small program to do it for me. That naturally lead to creating a site that others could use, too...

3. RedElf profile image89

Edweirdo, that is one impressive piece of database programming! I will stick with the search it yourself version for now, but thanks so much for this useful tool!

4. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I would highly recommend this.  I was doing this kind of thing manually and by using Google notifiers for some particularly sensitive stuff and it is a major PITA.

I wish I had as good a choice for my main site!

5. RedElf profile image89

Thanks Izzy!
    That is some consolation, but my main concern is the inevitable penalty by Google for duplicate content against my hubs.

6. saleheensblog profile image60

got the hubdefender and bookmarked. I will surely sign in here.

7. saleheensblog profile image60

the stupid gave you a backlink lol lol

1. IzzyM profile image86

Yup! Only backlink that hub has too!

1. RedElf profile image89
        RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So how can I find out if a hub has backlinks without opening up each one's stats? Obviously, I need to learn more about backlinking wink

1. IzzyM profile image86

I use Market Samurai. But I'm sure there must be another way - I just don't know what it is, sorry.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how do you know opening each one's stat?

I use https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/mysites or SEOquake

8. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Oh and if you want to know if any of yours have any (without going to the bother of downloading and installing Market Samurai), just drop me an email and I will check for you. It's no problem smile

9. Rebecca E. profile image79
    Rebecca E.posted 13 years ago

oh will they give up I got a latter from an owner of a forum site that Google banned  here is teh letter... (note all teh teh sites that they list have a space in them so you'll have to delete said space.

I am Abdelrahman Ali the owner of 1 00fm6.com , my site was banned due to a notification from you to google adsense
    I would like to inform you that our site is an adsense revenue sharing site that contained over 200,000 threads and was banned for a single thread ht tp://100fm6.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70422
    that was copied from you .

We are very sorry for what happened and we apologize for this.
    The problem is the warning e-mail was sent to a member that did not inform us about it and so we did not know , like other websites that the member also posted in them,
    so google banned us
    We are now M asrStars.com
    if you ever find any thing that violates your copyright on ma srstars.com [ God forbid smile ] plz inform us directly

I would keep an eye on this site, which is in a foreign language and they seem to have been banned for reasons other than my complaint smile ( I wasn't the only stolen content there!)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)