Outbound links to same site?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)
  1. mrpdg profile image57
    mrpdgposted 13 years ago

Please help I'm new here.

I created two hubs here and both have been withdrawn for revision.

One of which is a hubpage about a boxer in which I spent hours and hours compiling his full 20 year boxing record and linking up each of his fights to youtube so that people could just click on the relevant fight.

He's fought 42 times. That means 42 links to youtube. Is that why the page was put back for revision?

The other had 2 outbound links to my site, 6 or 7 to other users similar hubs and my rss feed, which was relevant. Does my rss feed count as links? and would that mean that in all cases you could only ever show two posts of an rss feed or it would be considered as more than 2 links from 1 site?

Very confused here. Please explain

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The FAQs make it clear that linking to the same site in an RSS feed and in textual links is not allowed. The FAQs do not specify the number of entries an RSS feed may have.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

1. mrpdg profile image57
        mrpdgposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then its not clear at all then is it.

if theres more than 2 rss posts would that equate to your 2 links? and therefore zero text links in your post?

1. profile image0

It is clear to me. Please read the FAQs, will you. If there is an RSS feed, NO links to the same site are allowed.

1. mrpdg profile image57

Ok i've read them.

•including more than 2 links to any one domain

^ i have 45 to youtube. The poster below has 10 on his hub. The majority of hubs have more than 2 to major sources.

As much as you try to insist those FAQ's are clear. They quite simply are not.

1. profile image0

So you read them... How about this part: "...linking to the same domain in the body of the text AND in an RSS feed"

That is clear to me.

YouTube: I have not commented on that. Like Irohner has insinuated, YouTube videos are not considered promotional at all, and therefore are irrelevant for the "overly promotional" equation. I assume that you are embedding videos by using the video capsules, not linking to them.

1. mrpdg profile image57

Youtube videos are  possibly THE most promotional item on the internet. Irohner didn't insinuate that, don't twist his words for the basis of your argument.

You highlighted one bullet point.

The other
                •including more than 2 links to any one domain <-- certainly isn't clear, you cannot logically dispute that.

So out of the 2 disputed points 50% is clear.. that wouldn't really be condusive to the argument of 'FAQ's are clear.'

I made it clear in my original post I was new here and I wanted a little help to understand what I see as unclear rules. All you have done is be rude. Your clearly not here to be of any assistance. Please don't post again.

1. profile image0

Others will be reading this thread. Everyone can judge for themselves. All I have done is trying to explain the rules to you. I have not been rude.

2. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

It's not your YouTube videos that are the problem. I have a hub with probably 10 YouTube videos linked from it and it's fine.

1. mrpdg profile image57

thanks.. so even though I have 45 links to youtube, that's not 'overly promotional' to one site. So long as i know what is and isn't allowed it's cool.

3. saleheensblog profile image62
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

Man, you read the FAQ again. I don't understand why don't you understand. Website examiner is 100% correct with his information and he is a highly respected hubber in hubpages.

I am pointing out things again that may be applied for your case:

Spam:
    Designed primarily to promote other sites, especially hubs containing unrelated links, links on duplicated content, or more than two links to a single site.

overly promotional:
    #linking repeatedly to the same site within a Hub or across many Hubs
    #including links to a page that contains largely the same content as your Hub
    #linking to products or services unrelated to a Hub's content
    #including more than 2 links to any one domain
    #linking to the same domain in the body of the text AND in an RSS feed

Substandard:
    # Links with deceptive or inaccurate link text
    # Promotes or links to dubious products or offers
    # Lots of broken links or missing videos

Now:

~Here you have used RSS that is overly promotional.

~You have used 42 youtube video that is fine as hubpages says, "The Video Capsule allows you to embed Google or YouTube videos into your hub.We support BlipTV , Metacafe , Revver , Vimeo , Yahoo! Videos, and YouTube"

~If many of the videos are missing that should be a problem as your hub will be flagged being sub standard then.

Be nice with fellow hubbers. You have been arrogant and rude even without reading the FAQ and learning center lessons.

Welcome to hubpages.
    Shifa Saleheen Shuvo

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)