Save Animals

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Do yourself a favor, rescue a domesticated animal, leave the wild ones to nature. hmm

1. Castlepaloma profile image74
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then who protects the wild animals from man?

Our pets will survive fine.

2. profile image0
      Butterfly101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

SAVE THE ANIMALS!!!!!!!!

3. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First and foremost, save a "human" animal!
      Qwark

4. chasescats profile image59
      chasescatsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Save all the animals, not just domesticated. Wild animals need protection as well. If an animal is endangered, it deserves help.

2. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

True, we do need to stop destroying the wild animals' habitat, but I have to agree with Cagsil here -- between 7 million and 10 million dogs and cats are euthanized in this country alone every year, most of which are perfectly healthy but just can't find homes. Most of them are there because humans were irresponsible with them, and so humans need to work to fix the problem. Wild animals will benefit most from a policy of non-interference -- though agreed, as long as humans can profit from the destruction of their habitat they are in danger.

3. stey_true profile image62
    stey_trueposted 13 years ago

What about cruelty, abuse, neglect, abandonment, and the murder of domestic pets? How can we make this all stop? I don't even know where to begin in explaining my thoughts on this subject. Everyday animals are being hurt by careless people.

One thing that really gets to me is when someone decides one day that they want to get a dog, and end up not being able to take care of it. What do they do with that pet? Some people will result to killing the animal or dumping them off somewhere and think "out of site out of mind." I know I am pointing out all the bad things but I think people need to realize these things actually happen. Dogs go unfed, uncared for, and unloved daily. I wish that I could help every animal that has to experience this.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/

4. profile image0
    Butterfly101posted 13 years ago

Why would they want to hurt ineceint loving and helpless animals!!!!

1. stey_true profile image62
      stey_trueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To Butterfly101:

Exactly! It's horrible. I was driving down the road once and saw a man walking this gorgeous Golden Retriever. As we all know when walking a dog they love to stop and smell everything in site. Well this particular owner had had enough of it. He yelled at his dog to get going, and when the dog didn't respond he kicked the dog and pulled on his leash hard. This seriously brought tears to my eyes. I pulled my car over and told him that if he couldn't treat his dog with love and respect than he shouldn't have the dog at all.

What really made me think was...this guy is doing this right in plain view! Do people think it is okay to hit an animal?

1. Misty39 profile image59
        Misty39posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would have either reported him or spoke to him or both.Animals do have rights and we as their human protectors are allowed to speak out for these animals/ You shouldn't be afraid that the man would verbally assault you(?)if he did then it would be good to tell the police of his quick temper and that too could be a danger as to what he does or would do to his dog behind the scenes.Check him out the next time around if you should see them...Good luck

5. profile image0
    Butterfly101posted 13 years ago

no it isnt and it needs to stop what i would of done if i were you i would pulled over and demand him to stop it and if he didnt i would of took the dog with me!!!!!!!

Right! I left out a few bad words that may have slipped out of my mouth. I wish I could have taken that dog. That man needs to be kicked in the butt!

2. Misty39 profile image59
      Misty39posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Butterfly;Aggression only causes more aggression.No need in adding insult to injury huh? then what if the man took the dog home and took his anger out on the dog?Angry people need to be handled(talk) with kid gloves.

6. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 13 years ago

The way man treats animals, domestic and wild, tells a lot about him.  It seems we destroy everything we touch!  We have to first look within,in order to change what is around us.

2besure, great comment! I completely agree.

7. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Ironically, the OP is gone. I guess my comment in the beginning had an adverse effect. wink

Therefore, I guess it wasn't a willingly participate, considering they deleted the OP. hmm

Oh well, as for the topic on hand, I posted my last comment, because I wanted to see what the OP had to say, other than what the OP was about, which were about saving wild animals from being hunted.

I personally have seen the atrocities many humans continue to bring on domesticated animals, much less what they do to the wild animals. Many wild animals are simply food for other wild animals. Thus, survival of the fittest applies. The sad part is that humans continue to act like animals, breeding like them and living with the belief that survival of the fittest actually applies to the human species. Survival of the fittest is an out-dated animalistic trait the human species needs to get rid of.

However, that's getting off topic. So, with that said- Hope you enjoy the thread. An interesting topic for sure. smile

8. ravko profile image63
    ravkoposted 13 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4632049_f248.jpg

Not to sure if you all had heard this, but where I live 100 sled dogs were murdered after the sled dog company was loosing money...Now you tell me is this abuse, cause if you heard the entire story on how some of these beautiful dogs had suffered when the one bullet that was used didn't do the job, you would just be heart broken...I also believe that any human being that is capable of doing this to 100 dogs over a 2 day period, is capable of killing a another human...

Then there was the murder of a little 4 month old pitbull puppy, on New Years Eve in a hotel room, he was beat to death, is this abuse, I'd say it is...On the upside of this story the man who did this sickening act is now in jail he received a 6 month sentence as well as a huge fine...

There has been rallies here in response to the murder of the 100 huskies and we are all hoping this guy gets a larger prison sentence...Animal abuse of any kind is sickening and it's time we stand up for those who can't speak regardless of their breed, it doesn't matter if it's a dog, cat, elephant, tiger etc etc etc...

Animal abuse is sickening and needs to be stopped, if a person doesn't want their animal there are people out there who would be willing to give them a good home...

All animals big, small, domestic or wild are God's creatures - don't forget that they all need our help!!!

9. ashleysearching92 profile image60
    ashleysearching92posted 13 years ago

Even wild animals need love and protection too! Help save all the animals.What if you kids and grandchildren had to read about our endangered animals in history books when they got older?
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4700666.gif

10. Purple Perl profile image48
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Save the wild animals from poachers and global warming.

11. LeeWalls profile image60
    LeeWallsposted 13 years ago

Man has been hurting each other for billions of years so for them to hurt an animal is nothing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)