How to get more followers

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Lippylisious profile image60
    Lippylisiousposted 13 years ago

I've got 7 followers, i feel like billy no mates. If anyone wants to befriend a hubpage loner just click on my hub and follow. Honestly i'm a good friend i'll befriend you back. (:

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lippy for some reason this has really pissed me off.  Surely after 19 months with nothing published you understand, no doubt to me,  how you undermine the intelligence of others on this site.  If your intentions were to be funny, your hat is working for you in that area nothing else.

I for one would never follow you.  But entertain me and prove me wrong.  What are your stats in supporting and level of interest in someone other than you here?

How  many hubs did you read today?
      Did you support and comment on any if you did read one?
      How many answers did you get involved with in the community
      The three followers you have gained since opening the thread, gee, did you follow them back as promised,  and of those three, how many did you leave thank you mail also?
      Do you ever leave fan mail?
      How involved are your comments with respect to content?
      Who have you looked up for being new and welcomed today?
      Do you plan on writing?
      What does your profile say about you to a new possible reader?
      Is this place or worse 'we' enough of a joke to you to send a message to someone a few days arriving that you can be here 19 months, not write but barter for followers in a thread?
      You could be right, you got 3 as of now, 100 bucks says you can't tell me a thing about any of them without looking.

Suppose all irrelevant and as you retire today and lets hope with an undeserving 11 followers, I promise you not 1 of my 10 accounts, here longer than you, will ever pass by your profile page.

I am surprised HubPages has not closed this thread, but on the flip side am glad they have not so newcomers can understand we are not like other sites, not by a long shot.

I make no apologizes for my viewpoint, as you, on your own, tabled this for debate.  I have made far more mistakes than most here, but not in direct ignorance mocking this site or the talent that keeps it breathing. 

Sad roll

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lippy, I understand what your trying to do, but you have to remember this isn't a social networking site like Facebook or Twitter, where you can befriend people just for the sake of being their friends.  On here, it works a bit differently.  As Pcunix just pointed out, the people you follow may not necessarily follow you back, as they may not like what you write.  And, vice versa. 

If you truly want more followers, then just start writing more thought provoking hubs on topics that you care about.  Once you do that, you'll start to gain followers.  However, if social interaction and online friendships is all you seek, then just use facebook.  it offers a lot of sources for one to make plenty of online friends; whereas here this is a writer's site first and foremost.  sure, you may have people following others out of mutual respect when conversing in forums, but the majority of the followers each hubber has are fans of their work. 

Anyways, I hope that helps.

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

You are looking at things the wrong way.

You should follow people who you want to read.  I might be interested in the things you write about, but that doesn't always mean that you would be interested in what I write.

Many of us here look badly upon asking for return following. I will almost certainly ignore someone who asks that of me, and so will many other hubbers.

The way to get followers is to write interesting hubs and to post interesting and intelligent comments in the forums and at other people's hubs.  That will cause people like me and many others to go look at your hubs and, if we have interest, we might then follow you.  We definitely would not ask or expect you to follow back.

3. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Oh, also: you've made 1 hub in 19 months - what is there to follow?

4. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 13 years ago

I think you just need to write more hubs. Everytime I write a new one, I get a few more followers

5. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

Lippylisious now has 0 Hubs. What happened?

6. profile image0
    Neville Walkposted 13 years ago

It depends what your reason for joining hubpages is.  I do not have any hubs so far, as I can't think of anything to write about, so not surprisingly I only have one follower.  For me, writing comments on the forums is the most enjoyable part of this site.

7. Lippylisious profile image60

I've written 3 just waiting on them getting approved. One i had to change as it had more than 2 links to my website. Just updated it, hope it gos through alright. In the middle of writing my 4th.

8. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"How to get more followers"

Well… With some misgivings… smile

Go see who is following your 10 followers and follow the followers that are following them; but only the ones that interest you.

9. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I will follow anyone who gives me my next hub topic idea.

And you don’t even have to follow me back. smile

1. Mike's Corner profile image71
      Mike's Cornerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@ PAradigm: "How to Find a Friend" . . . 18,100 monthly searches smile

10. Mentalist acer profile image60
    Mentalist acerposted 13 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4586704_f248.jpg

Here's some followers,have fun.wink

11. Lippylisious profile image60

Lippylisious has now got 1 hub live.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will alert the media.

Just kidding. Hang in there. smile

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And it's promoting a single web site (which happens to be her personal biz).

You don't quite understand how this site works yet, do you?

12. Lippylisious profile image60

I'm hanging by my finger tips. More to follow, i promise.

13. Cheeky Girl profile image65
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Can I make a bold suggestion. Since perhaps you have a bigger investment in your website, I suggest registering and setting up a free Twitter account and follow anyone who follows the keywords that will obviously draw people to your article and beauty products. "WOMEN"! Twitter is great for getting followers and traffic. You can include your website url of your most important website, or the one you expect to be the most important one for you, as that will earn you more money. You could also set up a free facebook account and get more traffic to whichever site you prefer to promote and market. Best of luck with your Enterprise. smile

1. Lippylisious profile image60
      Lippylisiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the comments Cheeky Girl, I have got links on both Facebook and twitter.

This is the first week i have been on the Hub properly since opening.

I have got 2 articles waiting to get published and half way through another, to me that seems like a fair bit of writing for one week.

14. Keith Worth profile image60
    Keith Worthposted 13 years ago

I can't speaking for anyone else, and I am not trying to mean, but this is what it would take for me to follow you:

1. Clean up your bio, if you can't be bothered to take the time to proofread your About Me than I really don't have high hopes for your hubs.

2. Write something that interests me. I'm glad you're writing about what you enjoy and all that, but "Fake Makeup" is pretty low on my interest scale. The fact that Firefox is red-lining Makeup as misspelled is really not helping your writing credentials. If that is your niche than that is good for you, but I ask you to understand it just doesn't appeal to me.

3. Have something to say. Let's assume I'm interested in make-up, and that I gave you the benefit of the doubt and clicked your hub(I haven't actually read the hub, so for this point I'm operating off of pure speculation and prediction). Does it include insightful make-up facts delivered in an engaging manner? I doubt it, I'd bet my two cents it's blatant self promotion. More followers doesn't mean more viewers, especially if you're trading favors to get those followers.

4. Okay, so you niche isn't in my interest group - not the end of the world. If you ask good questions, give contributing answers and make worthwhile posts in the forum I'd be willing to follow you because I liked what you have to say. That being the case, I'd want to be notified in the event you ever wrote a hub of interest to me and thus my reason for following you.

To summarize: Hub Pages is like everything else; you get what you put in. I have few followers and little traffic because I have posted few Hubs, it's as simple as that. I am familiar with all four of my followers, however, because they are legitimate followers. They comment on my hubs, I comment back. There is actual discussion. I follow them as well not because they followed me first, but because I followed their comments to their own hubs and wanted to see more. That's the whole point, make us want to see more.

15. Lippylisious profile image60

Thanks for the feed back.

Just to clarify that makeup or make-up can be written either way. Just check any dictionary.

Go into Google key tags and you will find the makeup is searched a lot more than "make-up"

To be honest with you and please don't this as an insult your helium post isn't really grabbing my attention either.

My fake makeup post does not send links back to my post. The links are set up to got to other posts of interest from writers on here.

1. Keith Worth profile image60
      Keith Worthposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No insult taken, it's not a very good Hub and I'm procrastinating improving it.

Thanks for the correction about the spellings of make-up, proves just how much interest I have that I don't know whether it's misspelled or not.

Your last post is the kind of I was talking about earlier, it contributed and it held information. Your early posts came off more like the annoying Myspace addicts who spam friend requests so they can see a big number and pretend it actually means something. I haven't been here long, but I can tell you most people here don't like that.

Keep up with the contributing posts, however, and you might find yourself getting legitimate followers(maybe even those who don't find make-up interesting). Legitimate followers are a hundred times better than the "I'll follow you if you follow me" followers because that kind is just an empty number while legitimate followers will actually read your hubs, add comments, send fan mail, etc. Those are the kind you want to build traffic on your site/hub and it's just good to know they actually like what you say and aren't spamming for numbers.

16. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

I have found that bribery works best. 

You wouldn't believe what I pay my followers!

17. Lippylisious profile image60

Hubs aren't going to be to everybody's tastes, thats to be expected. I don't think a lot of the males on this will find my hubs of any interest. My hubs are more targeted towards woman.

2nd hub went live tonight.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)