My latest hubs aren't being picked up by Google

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. mastershops profile image60
    mastershopsposted 13 years ago

Hello, I have writted approximately 50 hubs and the first 46 or so have been indexed by Google in 2-8 hours. Since January 30th, my latest hubs aren't being indexed. I always tweet, digg, and share my hubs on facebook.  Is this normal for Google to not index hubs for four days?

I have never been notified by a hubpages editor about any of my hubs being flagged or considered as being low quality. Does google index pages on a regular basis and then suddenly just stop, or is there something I may have possibly did wrong on hubpages.

One of my latest hubs that isn't being indexed has two links pointing to a travel tickets broker. They are affiliate links, but to my knowledge I could have up to two links. Can I post the link to that hubpage here without it being considered as being considered as "promoting my own hubpage". I just wanted to show an example so someone can tell me if I am making any sort of violation.

Thank You for your help.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you know it hasn't been indexed by Google?

mastershopsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I copy/paste the url to my hubpage on Google and none of my hubs since January 30th are listed. All of my other hubpages have always shown up when I check this way within a day.  I also have two other blogs that I maintain that are not from hubpages and they are being listed within hours.

1. profile image0
          Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. Sometimes, mine appear within minutes. Other times, they wait a few days. It depends, I think, on how long it takes the crawler to get to one's piece.

2. ThomasE profile image69
      ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Google switched on a pretty major (for them, although it will only affect position in 0.5% of searches) algorithm change on the 30th January. They are slowly rolling it out, so the search has been recalculating positions for a lot of sites.

I have noticed a distinct reduction in indexing speed on a lot of sites I post to.

I think in a few days, when they have finished, you will see indexing speeds coming back up.

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

it's best not to post your own hub link, but you can tell us the name of it.

sometimes it does take longer. I've had hubs indexed in minutes, others I couldn't find for a couple of days.  I think it's fairly normal.

Hi Rebekah. One of the hubpages in question is  "Hotels with free shuttle service to Silver Dollar City" . I have never been contacted from a hubpage editor saying that my pages are too promotional, but am concerned if that could possibly be the reason.  T

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

A few months ago I wrote a set of hubs about similar topics.  The first few indexed within 24 hours, but the last couple took considerably longer.  The last one did not index for 6 weeks.

Since then the hub has done quite well, but it sure had me wondering for a long while. I believe that similar titles can affect this - it was a suggestion from a seasoned hubber and the only thing I ever came up with.

Thanks wilderness. Sounds like you may be on to something. I will write some hubs on various unrelated topics and see if that helps. Thanks for your help!

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It did for me.  It was crazy, watching new hubs being indexed quickly while the one just sat there unindexed and with no traffic to speak of. 

I even posted a dozen or so RSS feeds to submission sites hoping that crawlers would find it, and pinged it several times. 

I also don't really think it was a similar topic that caused it; rather a very similar title and URL.

Very helpful information.  Thanks. I did write two hubs with similar titles and urls. One is listed, and one (my hub that was in question) isn't. That must be what the problem is! I was starting to get concerned about this.

4. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

no, it's not overly promotional with only two links to the same domain. I searched for it and it brought me to another of your hubs about Branson, as you have that link in the hub.

It also may have a lot of competition? It's a popular destination, sometimes that may affect it taking a while longer.
    I found another forum thread that also may help you.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/60525

I'm sure you're fine and the hub looks great. I love Missouri!

Thanks for the helpful thread rebekah.

1. iQwest profile image50
        iQwestposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mastershops - I'm glad I found your post because the same thing has happened to me.  I've been on HubPages for just over a month now and have written 46 Hubs.  I backlink each Hub extensively and found that, in the beginning when I first started posting Hubs, it might take a couple of days for Google to index my Hub.  As the amount of consistently posted Hubs increased, I noticed that Google was indexing each Hub within a matter of hours of each one being posted.

In looking back at my statistics, the last 7 Hubs started taking over three days to get indexed.  Some still aren't indexed.  The date when this started, January 30, 2011, which would correspond with what ThomasE posted regarding Google making a major algorithm change.

5. rtaylornw profile image60
    rtaylornwposted 13 years ago

Is anybody seeing an improvement with hubs being indexed yet? 
    I write for three other sites and yet get indexed almost straight away, I'm just wondering why it's so slow here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)