Who says he didn't

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Going to drop this and run  ..  gotta go  finish a paint job in a few minutes, then I’ll be back.

But what proof does anyone have that Jesus did not return as he told his disciples that he would?

Judaism is still waiting for the first coming "

Maybe (?) we have something else in common with them ?

Maybe we misunderstood what was going to happen upon the second coming, similar to the way Judaism did upon the first coming?

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please tell me you aren't saying the Jehovah Witness are right.

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so  ...  but I don't know anything about them (JW) except that every one of them thinks that they are goung to be one of the 144,000.   

So No !   I  am not one of them  ....   Cause them 144,000 have been gone from here for approx 1650 years.

That bus has left the station.

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Jews were looking for some king with great powers to lead them out of the hands of Herod and out of the hands of Rome. They believed that "The Messiah" was going to use some Godly special power to destroy their enemies and set them free.

From their teachings through Jesus, his apostles, and followers were taught that the delivery was to be a spiritual one, something they could neither comprehend nor understand.

Even after they personally witnessed his crucifixion and then were privileged to witness His resurrection, as he walked among them they had difficulty understanding until they finally received the Holy Spirit on the day we now refer to as Penticost.

Since the Jews or Hebrews at the time of Jesus refused to believe that Jesus was indeed the promised Messiah, they are still waiting for the Messiah to appear, when in fact they crucified Him not recognizing him because He was locally born.

3. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus second coming has taken place in the form of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908.

Jesus returned in approx 94 AD  at the same time as when he apeared to John on the isle of Patmos.
           As is described in Daniel 9:26,  "and he shall confirm THE covenant with MANY for one week ..."

In 538 BC  Gabriel said that the messiah shall be cut off in 62 weks.
           568 years later they killed Jesus!   
           Does that mean that the 62 weks that Gabriel was talking about was the same as 568 of our years ?

In 538 BC Gabriel said that it shall be 69 weeks unto the messiah the prince.
          People assume that this is talking about the second coming and the rapture but that is not what scripture actually says.

We assume much, much more than scripture actually says.
          I guess that is cause we are SOoo  smart.

4. kess profile image59
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Christ has already returned......
      and I am He.

Don't think so ? 

There is yet 5 minutes of the movie before that secret is revealed.

1. kess profile image59
          kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Christ has returned to all those looking for him.....

Those who still wait to see him come in the clouds up above are wasting their time....

I see it something like that myself.

2. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Dave Mathews wrote  ..

The Jews were looking for some king with great powers to lead them out of the hands of Herod and out of the hands of Rome. They believed that "The Messiah" was going to use some Godly special power to destroy their enemies and set them free.

- = - = - = - =
    ME

Yea that is what they thought.   They were wrong !

And we think that he is coming in the future, Kinda like the fairy dust sprinkled down on all ot the Special people
    "we'll" be transformed and float up in the sky and get there at the same time as Jesus, and he'll take us home !!! While a great tribulation is going on with our enemies back on earth.

And that story is wrong too !

Jesus came and did that when he said that he would.
          But it didn't happen like that..
    =======================================================================================================================

From their teachings through Jesus, his apostles, and followers were taught that the delivery was to be a spiritual one, something they could neither comprehend nor understand.

- - - - - -   
    ME
       Yep that is what he said !!

THAT IS WHY"   nobody saw it !   Nobody recorded it !
       ==========================
       ============             =

Even after they personally witnessed his crucifixion and then were privileged to witness His resurrection, as he walked among them they had difficulty understanding until they finally received the Holy Spirit on the day we now refer to as Penticost.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ME
         Yep  ...   They didn't understand it when they saw it happen ???  And we think that we understand it better than they did  ..  cause we read what they wrote ? 

But I agree with you ..  They did understand it afere the penticost.

========================================================================================

Since the Jews or Hebrews at the time of Jesus refused to believe that Jesus was indeed the promised Messiah, they are still waiting for the Messiah to appear, when in fact they crucified Him not recognizing him because He was locally born.

- - - - - -

ME
      And we don't believe that he kept his word, and came back when he said that he would. 

So MAYBE  we got something in common with the Jews ??

EVERBODY  IS  GOING  TO  BE  SUPRISED  !!

1. profile image0

In what way well we be surprised?

I don't know !     I guess the same way we are usually suprised when we are wrong. ??     I don't know ???

Got a few Ides  but mine aint much better than anybody elses.

1. profile image0

Arghh. I was really interested. You better post something if you get an idea. I'm always curious when someone gets something out of prophesy. I'm just at a loss with it.

Sorry for the delay ...  supper was going to get cold if I didn't get up out of this chair.

All I can say right now is that I believe that Chapter 17 is next on the list.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)