What am I doing wrong.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. rorymullen profile image60
    rorymullenposted 13 years ago

I have 26 Hubs written, and am not making any sort of headway. I understand some of my Hubs are lacking grammar a little, but apart from that my Hubs are only getting on average between 100-150 views, while my Hub profit Has been about $42.00 from adsense and amazon.

Please feel free to critique my Hubs and point me to making $50.00 a day. I am kinda born with general knowledge for SEO but everything else is just a little harder for me.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

You've been here 6 weeks. WOW! You're impatient.

If you would like advice on your hubs, then I would suggest you post a few(3) links in the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread and get advice.

Other than that....relax. wink

3. 4x4 profile image60
    4x4posted 13 years ago

I agree with Cagsil.
    I do believe you may not really be doing anything wrong.
    And the way I look at it, you are probably doing most of the things that needs to be done.

But if you really need something that you might be doing wrong--it is that you are being impatient.
    These things take time as many of the HP oldtimers will tell you.

Welcome to Hubpages!

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

You got hit right at the same time as the rest of us. Instead of asking what is wrong, step back from your hub as your baby and look at it with a critical eye. I looked at only one "Celebrity Apprentice" and it is full of misspelled words and really has no value to me as a reader. You would be doing yourself a favor if you took a strong look at the hubs and fix the problems before they get flagged IMO.

rorymullenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not rushing, or maybe a little yes. As for not knowing this will take time , I have acknowledged it will take time, but no sense on working on a site if I am not going to make any money. I am planning on a 5 year plan for all of my online work, and do not expect a massive out put of money for a couple years. All I was looking for was critique of which I have received
      I am asking can my grammar be better, and if so where. I know my spelling is atrocious  and I am making a big change on that. As for spelling I truly wish I knew what spelling mistakes where being made because I don't not know the proper there their and so on. Words that are closely spelled is my Achilles heel.

5. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

rorymullen are you writing directly to the site in the text capsule? If so, then you need to change that immediately. Start writing in a word program that will capture misspelled words for you. One in the hub that I was speaking of is witch when it should be which. But again, I urge you to take a serious look at this particular topic and ask yourself is this really beneficial? A review of a show really needs to be beneficial to the reader for why they should be watching it and not just because you think there is friction amongst the players.

Ask yourself why would I care about this before you start any hub. When you have a valid reason for that then that is the time to write the hub. I didn't look at any of the others because honestly my first inclination with this particular hub was to flag it and if that is the first impression that I got, what do you think others are going to think? Step back and really, really take a hard look at your hubs. It will not only benefit you, but the community at large as well.

rorymullenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Much oblige ,And thanks again. I want to ensure my articles are the best I can do, so today if there is a way , I will be tacking off all of my articles for review and repub them when finished.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)