Adsense low paying adverts

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. christoss1959 profile image60
    christoss1959posted 12 years ago

For the last few weeks my adsense click ratio has increased considerably but the payments from the adverts are way down. I used to get 10-80 pence per click now I get 0-7 pence per click so I end up earning considerably less!
    Has anyone experienced something similar?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image89
      Just Ask Susanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seven days now and I have not made one cent sad

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Last time I had a stretch like that. . . .all of a sudden I made seven bucks in one day; so don't get too discouraged by that.

2. Rosie2010 profile image67
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that Susan, I've had zero days myself so I know the feeling.  I hope it picks up soon for you.  My traffic is way down, so no traffic means no impressions and that is affecting my HP ads earnings as well.. sigh sad

1. Just Ask Susan profile image89
          Just Ask Susanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I sure hope the traffic picks up soon. I am making a bit off of HP adds so at least that is something.

2. iQwest profile image51
      iQwestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My click ratio has been the best it's ever been over the past week (by a considerable amount).  It's unreal to be honest as the first 9 days of April it was the lowest it's ever been.

Since most of my Hubs are real estate, technology, or "buy" related, my click payout is usually strong, but has been well above average the past week as well.  I had a stretch in March that was well below average.  It's definitely streaky for me.

I've been holding off joining the HubPages Ad program so Adsense is not competing with anything other than Amazon capsules on certain Hubs.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I concluded awhile back that adsense is famous for 1 penny ads.

Fortunately, if I understand things correctly, the HP ads will knock out a couple of the lowest adsense bidders.

1. Ms Dee profile image87
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What if the AdSense account sees such little activity--maybe even none--that the Adsense account is closed? Would that automatically discontinue the HP ads, too?  (An AdSense account is required in order to start the HP ads.)

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I think someone posted an excerpt from Google awhile back that said an AdSense account with zero earnings for two consecutive months gets closed.

1. Ms Dee profile image87
          Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is very helpful to get confirmation! Thanks!

I just hope that when Google changes that rule that it gets plastered all over the forums in time for us to react to it somehow.

1. Rosie2010 profile image67
              Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks paradigmsearch, you have helped me too with all your suggestions here in forums.  You rock!

smile smile smile

3. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

christoss, I've noticed that too.  For a couple of weeks now the Google ads in my hubs got penny ads.  Do you think that's a way of getting back at HP for having their own competing ads?  Just a thought.

1. Michael Willis profile image66
      Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what is going on with the Ads, but it is frustrating. Makes one wonder if it is even worth the trouble anymore.

1. janderson99 profile image53
        janderson99posted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's something weird about this. I have posted elsehere that it may be related to 'image' ads and poor targeting of the Google ads. I suspect that it may be related to the Hub ad program and how Google responds to it. I think we need an explanation from the Hubpages team. What's the point continuing when the returns are so low! Nothing seems to work in improving adsense returns. We need to know what to do!

4. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Ive still been getting the 10-80 pence paying ads, I get the low ones as well but I don't understand why everyones earnings go down with HP ads yet they are supposed to be replacing low paying ads?

5. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 12 years ago

I've been getting pennies the last few days.  Actually, it seems like my Google took a dive after I activated my Hubpage Ad account.  I was on my way to hitting my best check yet.  What happened?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)