adsense nil for last three months

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. elayne001 profile image83
    elayne001posted 9 years ago

I was up to 95.16 on my adsense and then all of a sudden it stopped, but I don't remember making any changes - Since it is so close to the threshold, can someone please check my account to see why it is not registering hits any more? How can I fix this? I really appreciate your help.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Your account is showing Ad Program earnings for every month from 2011 to March 2015.
      In general, authors have a couple options for AdSense.

You can use the HP program with your account and have the balance contribute to the $50 minimum payment threshold or you can use the totally external AdSense program using your own previous account that you had before HubPages and that will contribute to the external AdSene programs $100 minimum payment.

There is more information here.
      See the "http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/signup-AdSense" section for an AdSense account that you did not apply for using your HubPages account.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/signup-AdSense

Please email team@hubpages.com with any further questions.

2. Pollyanna Jones profile image97
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 9 years ago

Up until the same sort of time, the adsense adverts were more relevant in my Hubs and I was getting more revenue too - albeit a little. Since it switched to the "Opera Lied" and "One Strange Tip to Reduce Belly Fat" spam type adverts, nobody is clicking. I think I've had 0.01 in the last 3 months. I can't say I blame them, it makes the advert look like junk.

3. Barbara Kay profile image76
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

The same thing has happened to me, just pennies a month now. Sometimes it shows that their were no new visitors at all. I know Adsense is working, because my website is still earning money there.

4. Maffew James profile image68
    Maffew Jamesposted 9 years ago

It started after the layout change. The most likely reason is that your own ads with your publisher code are shown out of sight and not all that often. It's my opinion that those ads were probably mostly phased out to make room for other ads to keep the Hubpages Ad Program profitable after the layout change. Earnings through Adsense itself dropped to near nil, yet the Ad Program's revenue didn't decrease it would seem.

5. elayne001 profile image83

it seems it is not just me  - perhaps we can get a payout of our adsense account up until the traffic stopped and then just go with the Ad Program. I don't want to lose the $95 and waiting for it to reach the threshold is frustrating. Please help me

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

HubPages has no control over your Adsense account - that's between you and Adsense. 

If you are enrolled for the HP Ads program, there will be only ONE Adsense account on each of your Hubs, and that's right at the end. So naturally, you won't earn much (if anything) from it, because most readers don't get that far. 

The thing to do is disable the HP Ads program until you've reached your payout threshold, then turn it back on again.  You can turn it off and on again as often as you like.

1. MariaMontgomery profile image88
        MariaMontgomeryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

About the HP program:  After reaching the $50 threshold, and receiving a payout, do we then have to reach $50 again to get the next payout? Or will they begin to send monthly payments to PayPay?

About AdSense: Same question -- After reaching the $100 payout, (which can take quite a while, the way it's going right now) will AdSense then make monthly payments, or do we have to build up another $100 to get the 2ndt payout?

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70
          Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You have to reach the minimum payout amount for each payment.

I was afraid of that. It is a true bummer. The monthly transfers to PayPal is one thing I miss about Squidoo. I certainly do not miss everything about Squidoo, but that is one thing I wish HP would consider doing. I'm not holding my breath, however.

Thanks so much for clarifying this for me. I do appreciate the info.

6. elayne001 profile image83

Thank you Marisa. So you are saying if I disable HP Ads - the money will go towards Adsense? Can you advise me how to do it, please.

1. psycheskinner profile image76
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You might want to consider which option actually earns you more money sooner--look at how close you are to hubads payout threshold which is only $50.

If you do want to change it, go here: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

Not quite - it won't be the same money!     But it will allow your Adsense account to earn more.

What happens is that while you're enrolled in the HP Ads program, nearly all the ads showing on your Hubs belong to that program.  So that means readers can't see any Adsense ads and obviously, that means they can't click on them.

If you turn off the HP Ads program, the ads on your Hubs will all be Adsense ads, so readers will be able to see them and click on them, and therefore your Adsense account can earn money.

How to do it:  Go to "My Earnings" (under your name in the top bar).   Click on "Settings".   

In "HubPages Earnings Program Settings", the top line is "Ad Program".  Click on the green "Configure" button next to it.  On the next screen, click on the button "Deactivate the Ad Program".   You may be asked to confirm on the next screen, I can't recall - just follow the instructions.

As Pyscheskinner says, in general you will earn more on the HP Ads Program than with Adsense - so once you've got your Adsense account up to the $100, you should turn the HP Ads Program back on.

1. elayne001 profile image83
        elayne001posted 9 years agoin reply to this

thanks so much. I did as you suggested and as soon as I get to my 100 threshold, I will go back to the Ad Program. I appreciate your help!!

7. MariaMontgomery profile image88
    MariaMontgomeryposted 9 years ago

I'm completely and totally confused about how to manage AdSense. There has to be a tutorial managed by Google on there somewhere. I have yet to find it. I do participate in the HP ad program, but also have an AdSense account for writing elsewhere. I have the same problem, elayne001, with my earnings on that account drying up suddenly. I obviously still have a lot to learn.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

NO on both. You must reach payout minimum to be paid by HP and Adsense to be paid.

Then why turn on AdSense until I reach the first $100, then turn it off, if I have to build up another $100 for a second payout?

1. NateB11 profile image85
        NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Marisa gave Elayne that advice because she's so close to payout for Adsense, it would help her reach it faster because turning off HP Ads would increase Adsense ads served on her Hubs. It would be wise afterward to turn HP Ads back on afterward because HP Ads tends to earn more money for writers here.

Thanks, Nate.

1. NateB11 profile image85
            NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

No problem.

2. MariaMontgomery profile image88

Hi Linda,  Not to beat a dead horse, but both of my questions had 2 parts, (i.e., is it this or is it that?) To which was your answer of "no" directed?  If you are saying "no" to part one -- bummer.  If you are saying "no" to part two, that is wonderful.

HP Part 1:  After reaching the $50 threshold, and receiving a payout, do we then have to reach $50 again to get the next payout?

OR

HP Part 2: Or will they (then) begin to send monthly payments to PayPay?

Please clarify. Thanks.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Also just to clarify - though you can turn the HP Ads program on and off, you can't turn Adsense off.  It's an essential prerequisite to the HP Earnings Program.

The reason the minimum threshold exists is to reduce HP's costs.  The more people they have to pay every month the higher their costs.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Maria; I said:  No ON Both

Now that I think about it, Squidoo is the only site that paid monthly if you met $1 minimum, if you set payments for that.

All other sites, have a minimum that you have to meet.  Frankly, $50 minimum is too high, IMO.

Hi Linda,  I think so, too, as little as they pay to begin with, but they didn't ask me. Grin. I started out with my minimum on Squidoo set at $50, then I changed it to $5, and later to $1. I was a bit confused because I wasn't sure if you meant both the AdSense question & the HP question, or one part of each question. Duh...   See you around HP.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)