Requesting Advice From Anyone Getting At Least 5 Views Per Hub Per Day

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Jonas Renfold profile image59
    Jonas Renfoldposted 12 years ago

Hi,

I have been a member of Hubpages for a while. I have a bunch of hubs, published on various accounts, and since the Google slap, have noticed that my hub views, which weren't all that great before, have now dropped to almost nothing. On average, I seem to be getting about 1/2 a view a day per hub.

I have done the math, and know that to make money with Hubpages that is worth the time and effort of writing Hubs, I would need to get 5 views per day, per hub.

However, I cannot seem to get this kind of traffic. Here are some of the things that I have tried.

1) Getting a large number of back links for 5 of my Hubs (40+ Backlinks). It did increase my traffic a little before the Google slap, but now they are getting the same as every other hub.
    2) Writing hubs centered around keywords getting at least 25,000 searches per month according to the Google Adwords Keyword Tool.
    3) Going after keywords that have less than 10 allintitle and allinurl results.
    4) Writing a long and comprehensive hub that incorporated every keyword related to the main keyword according to Google Adwords Keyword Tool (was around 5000 words and had around 60 keywords embedded in it)
    5) Bolding my main keyword and cousin keywords in the text.
    6) Linking my hubs to each other, with one Hub linking to four others.

With all of this stuff that I have tried, I have not yet been able to consistently research and write hubs that get at least 5 views per day. If anyone has any instructions or advice on how to do this, especially those that are actually able to consistently research and publish hubs that get at least 5 views per day each, please tell me how.

I would appreciate it very much.

If I could figure out this "magic formula" of researching keywords for a hub, and writing it so that it gets at least 5 views per day per hub, I would finally be able to make money from Hubpages.

If you happen to be able to get 5 views per day per Hub minimum, perhaps you could answer the following questions for me.

1) Do you choose keywords based around products or have some other method. For instance, do you write a hub on "the best skin cream" or choose a different non-product topic like "how to burn a CD"
    2) How many views per month does the Google Adwords Keyword Tool say that your main keyword is going to get?
    3) Do you incorporate cousin keywords (keywords related to the main one according to the Google Adwords Keyword Tool) and if so, how many?
    4) How long on average are your hubs?
    5) Do you check the top results in Google for your keyword, and if so, how many inbound links on average do your competitors get?
    6) Are there any other methods that you use to check the viability of your keyword before writing your hub?
    7) Do you link to other hubs of yours that are related?
    8) Do you have any tips on writing the hub itself. For instance, putting your main keyword in both your first and last sentence.
    9) Do you link out to other websites in your hub and do you add a no follow tag to amazon products advertised on your hub (if you use amazon)
    10) Do you build links, and if so how many do you create per hub and where do you get them from?

Thanks very much for any advice anyone can give.

1. redwards01 profile image70
      redwards01posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have not and major success until recently. I found that posting regularly, about one a day, will keep fresh traffic coming. That way, if someone new comes to your Hub and likes the content, they may come back regularly and/or follow you.
      Also, I think you should put as many tags as possible, you can choose every tag under suggested links. You can still research keywords but this can still get you a lot of visitors from the lesser tags.
      Have a great day

2. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

One major step you are missing is proper keyword research. The GWT can give you traffic data, but it only gives you ADVERTISER competition.

You need to find out about PUBLISHER competition, i would suggest using a free tool such as traffic travis until you get a bit of practice in finding low competition high traffic keywords.

2. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I guess I shouldn't be posting here because my 460 odd hubs only get me about 1200 - 2000 views per day, which is less than 5 per hub.
    In fact, I only have about 3 or 4 hubs that make up the majority of my pathetic views.
    Guess the answer is to keep writing until you strike gold, then write more hubs around that keyword.

I'm still waiting to strike gold...

Jonas Renfoldposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol..I wasn't trying to exclude anyone or offend anyone by asking for those getting 5 views per day per hub consistently....I was just trying to find a formula for getting consistent views for each hub I publish. Your obviously doing something right if you are getting 1200 to 2000 views per day.

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

only about 10% of my hubs get 5 or more views per day

3. iQwest profile image48
      iQwestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree with IzzM more!

I currently have 78 published Hubs and, despite doing some basic keyword research using Google's Keyword Tool, I haven't dialed it in.

With that said, I've been fortunate to have a few Hubs that have gotten upwards of a few hundred views a day (thanks to Google's keyword tool) and account for the lion-share of my traffic.

As of writing this forum post, my most recent HubPages analytics shows the following traffic to my Hubs using the "1 day" view.

1 Hub - 72 views
      1 Hub - 21 views
      1 Hub - 14 views
      4 Hubs - 4 views
      1 Hub -   3 views
      7 Hubs - 2 views
      15 Hubs - 1 view
      48 Hubs - 0 views (ouch!)

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I get about 2 views per day per hub = about 1 cent per day per hub.  That might not sound like a lot but I figure I just keep making hub and once they are up they just keep earning. Making hubs about stuff I like is almost effortless so it all works out in the end.

Jonas Renfoldposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How do you consistently get 2 views per day per hub though?

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I don't know, that's just how it averages out and pretty much always has.

5. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

Okay, here's my thoughts.  I am not a big expert or a high earner, but I had a look at your hubs.  The first one I came too had as its main keywords, a keyword phrase with less than 2,000 searches per month, but with super high competition (virtually maximum!)  Some of the other keywords that the hub was based on, and there weren't many, didn't even feature in the hub!  I looked at other hubs and the hub in question wasn't atypical.

The above is just an example.  The general problem imho is that you have listed some great advice in your forum post, but failed to actually follow the advice diligently enough!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)