Accepting opening bets....

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

In what year will Kate divorce William for adultery?

My guess in 2017

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

after one son. Hope not.

2. paradigmsearch profile image58
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Friday, December 21st, 2012.

1. Mutiny92 profile image63
        Mutiny92posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Don't be sexist Greek One - maybe she will be the one to play away?

But I think that those two are genuinely in love! smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think so too!

3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

2012 and I agree with PDH, Kate will produce one son which will be plenty enough for him to lose interest and seeking out other companionship.

1. CMHypno profile image81
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They have already been together 8 years and William is only too aware of the damage that adultery can have on the children (Diana was no saint in that department either, so he grew up with two free-range parents)

I think that they will be together and happy for the rest of their lives. smile

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As Charles always said, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the sable"

http://strangecosmos.com/images/content/106031.jpg

Off with his head! You're going find yourself in the Tower of London for a stint LOL!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
            SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ha ha....do you mean 'stable'...................

2. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh please. I've seen marriages that have lasted 30+ years go awry. I don't particular care that they have already been together 8 years. It's meaningless. Especially, when self-absorbed people are involved. lol lol

How do you know that they are self-absorbed? We actually know nothing about them, other than what the media tell us.

When they are not doing the royal thing, they live quietly in a small cottage in Anglesey, where Prince William works as an air/sea rescue pilot. Not the kind of job that strikes me as appealing to the 'self-absorbed'

Maybe we should all just drop the cynicism, and wish this young couple well. Yes, there marriage may fail one day, but I think that they have a good chance of going the distance

4. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

nah, this one will last

5. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

Blimey, they haven't even got down to their first nights nuptials (available on Sky) and here you are taking bets.  At least let him unhook the Royal Garter first.

Ewbie I told you not to plant that WebCam! Don't you know by now that Greek One does not have good ideas!!!!!!

6. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

I don't think she'll get the chance.
    Isn't the world coming to an end May 21, 2012 anyway?

7. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

too funny MM

8. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I like to think (for their sake - not that they're my business) that a lot has been learned (by that whole family and a lot of others associated with them) from the whole Charles/Diana thing right from its beginning, so I'm going with betting that this brand new marriage will last (as long as nobody develops some form of mental illness, or something like that).

(I want and need to believe that because Diana had her babies sort of around the time I had mine, my own divorce was uglier and took longer than Charles and Diana's (truly), and we've got a wedding coming up for our own "princess" next year.  I need to believe that, royal-family or "just-regular-family", people do learn from the bad stuff and the mistakes.)

So, I'm putting my money on "forever" for William and Kate (and my own Katherine) knowing what a relationship needs to be before deciding to get married.   smile  I don't know about Kate, but these other two young adults I mentioned have been through so, so, much.  There's no way I could ever do anything but believe they'll have their happily-ever-after.  smile

(Sorry about being "all serious" here, but that (inappropriate, as far as I'm concerned) two-hour re-hash of the Charles/Diana wedding at 4:00 a.m. took its toll on me earlier today.  hmm  Don't mind me.  I guess I'm imagining there's a chance that my own Katherine will run into this post in her Internet travels.)

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...Lisa - I wish her well (your daughter)...Kate and William too - I think they are in love...charles and di - well that was like a 'shot gun' wedding...poor Diana...she didn't have a chance..up against a mare and all (oops was i being bad? - yes!)...what'd she know?...she was so young...these two aren't...

K & W weren't forced to marry (imho) to bring in new blood! lol

....and hopefully no one suffers from a mental illness....

..wishing you and your family the best in relation to your daughter's marriage!

...if you need any wedding plan tips - don't hesitate to call upon me....been there 5 or 6 times already (wish i could remember everyone!)..lots of advice to spread around

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

SomewayOuttaHere, thanks.  You've planned all those weddings?  Wow.  All I've got for "background" on wedding planning is having had a bunch of bridal showers.  hmm   (There's one thing I know....    I DO NOT want a fuddy-duddy mother-of-the-bride dress!!  lol  Some of them are horrible!!)

Diana:  I didn't even think of Diana as "all that young" when she actually got married, but now that I've had 19-year-old kids myself - boy, I see how young she was so differently.  That whole thing was just way too much for someone as young as she was.  Between some of the mental issues Diana, herself, said she dealt with; and some of the things she said she did, I occasionally wondered if she may have had bi-polar disorder.  Oh well...

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

okay...so we could be a team...me the weeeeding and you the showwers....(and then later I'll get back to mowing the lawn)...

...seeeeeriously - hope you do a hub(s) on it...from 'mom's' perspective re the planning up to the day...that'd be cool...

1. Lisa HW profile image63
          Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I did start a blog on "My Daughter's Engagement", but once the engagement party was over - I had "nuthin'".   hmm     

The Hub that I'd like to write would be one about how pretty much nuts I turned as soon as my daughter's (now) fiance let me know he was going to surprise her with a ring.  He was on IM and all excited that he'd gotten the ring.  You know what I did (in all my being scared-to-death that the two of them might overlook something my ex-husband and I had?  I sent him a link to one of my Hubs about "what to ask before getting married" (or something like that)!!!!   He must think I'm a lunatic!   I mean.... who DOES that????!!    How scared for them I was made me panic.  My first thought was, "I'll make my points to him because making my points to both of them is better than making my points to only her."   hmm   hmm    This young guy is the nicest guy in the world, and he makes no secret of the fact that he loves my daughter.  Who the HELL puts a link to their own writing in an IM like that???   roll  So, anyway (as my first post on here probably indicates), I've suddenly found myself crazy with the idea that I have to share what I learned the hard way.  hmm   Ah, yes....   I'll make a "great" mother-in-law, won't I....   roll   (I wonder if Prince Charles has been this freaked out since his son announced his engagement.  lol  )

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)