I just want to know!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (25 posts)
  1. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 14 years ago

Why do lovers cheat on their lovers, and why do people cheat others financially,morally or emotionally? Please i am curious to know.

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Usually, the simplest answer is the right one. Because they want to.

The reasons behind the wanting are a bit more complex though. And that, I think, is better answered by someone with more intelligence and scope than I have smile

2. profile image0
      C. C. Riterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

basically acco, it's because they are walking, talking turds

1. profile image0
        LAmatadoraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

C.C. you are so blunt! LOL

Well Acco, if you want a real answer its because of TWO things. First IMPERFECTION. Imperfection means that we are not perfect. And even being perfect, in every sort of the way we would still have FREE WILL. So due to Imperfection and Free Will that causes others to be weak, morally or in other ways. They may cheat on their significant other, or steal, lie, embezzle money. It is wrong but some do not have a conscience to listen to. They are as I said "Imperfect". However- that is no excuse for their actions. WE REAP WHAT WE SOW...so with every action there are consequences for those actions.

I hope this helps!

2. accofranco profile image78
        accofrancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see C.C?

2. profile image51
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Because basically people are selfish but what goes around comes around, tis called Karma and it does exist !

Thanks badcompany. Your screen name doesn't in any way portray your image and integrity. May i suggest you change it to: "honestcompany" or just "nicecompany".That would portray you excellent image better,you are good.

2. chicago girl profile image62
      chicago girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

badco i have to agree selfishness is one of the biggest causes, and for those people krama will get them every time

but i also think that the people who cheat in anyway are just really not happy with themselves it kinda sad when they have to hurt other to make themself feel better

3. profile image0
      Iphigeniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree - what goes around definitely comes around - some people call it karma (I do) but it is known by other names (fate, justice, come-uppance) - I believe in karma.

1. profile image51
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Come-Uppance, now if only that came about : )

3. profile image51

Jeeeeeez do you want to ruin my image lol but trust me Karma is strong and there is good and bad Karma. People may think they can cheat and dump on people but as the world turns so does the circle of our lives and for the cheat the circle will see them cheated on. Every action causes a reaction and trust me my friend every good act will bring you good and vice versa. My name is from the rockband BadCompany, you take care !

1. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I don't think that's true at all.

1. Aya_Hajime profile image58
        Aya_Hajimeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For me, I try to focus on good karma because it generates positive feelings for me and makes me into a happier person. Whenever I have let myself get angry, frustrated, or impatient, and as a result perform negative acts, I always end up regretting it because nobody walks away happy. There will probably be instances where you have to perform more questionable acts, but at least then, you are aware of the bad karma it will generate within yourself.

I think that very few people truly derive any real enjoyment out of committing bad acts.

So I agree with you in that I do not think there is a high-level being that apportions out karma, but I also think that people who strive to lead a life of good karma ultimately end up being happier people.

Just my 2 cents smile

1. profile image50
          ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Basically maybe because people just want their own happiness and satisfaction not mending how others people feelings.

2. profile image51

I am just quoting my opinion, you are entitled to yours so give her reply your opinion.

3. profile image0
        nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just curious, why?

VEERY STRONG AND DIFFICULT QUESTION TO ANSWER, MAY BE NATURE KNOWS WHY.

4. lafenty profile image68
    lafentyposted 14 years ago

So how long does it take for that bad karma to kick in?  There is a certain someone I know who is long over due.

1. profile image51

It is not something that kicks in and its just something I personally believe in, its not something I am trying to sell to anyone else. London Girl may be right, perhaps its doesnt exist but like believing in God I believe in the workings of Karma.

5. accofranco profile image78

I don't think that Karma exist, but if does exist, it is partial and not fair. I have an uncle,very rich, but he uses his wealth to oppress the widows and the poor causing them to suffer more yet, he flourish everyday like the Lilly.If Karma exist, this man shouldn't be alive or wealthy as he is by now,so i doubt the existence of Karma. Life is too cruel,i hate the way people are mistreated daily,how they suffer for nothing. How i wish i can change it.

1. profile image0
      LAmatadoraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Trust me....every one will pay for the things they do eventually. It is certain. They may not suffer as maybe one would hope but they will pay for their mistakes or pain caused on others. I believe a HIGHER power is watching and seeing all. And remember, he will judge accordingly...

i love this. but the problem is this; many don't even believe in what you just said. but anyway, its all okay. the end justifies the means. i pray not to be a cheat of any type in my whole life, may God help me, amen!

6. profile image51

To be honest is it really possible to go through a lifetime without hurting another fellow being. I dont think so, we may not go out to hurt them, sometimes we are unaware we hurt people. Life is strange and you deff cant please everyone, but I do still believe in Karma lol.

7. accofranco profile image78

Anyway, please guys do your best to be good to people and leave the others, but at the same time, try your best to change them.

8. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Because they think they won't get caught. Because they get caught up in the moment. Because they are lacking in some area. Because they think it will solve their problems. Because they want to have their cake and eat it too. Because they aren't happy. Because they are too happy (I'll explain that one if you want). Because they like attention. Because they don't think it will hurt. Because they know if they don't it will hurt. Because they have something they don't want. Because they want something.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)