The Teaser for "The Dark Knight Rises" is here!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

omg, the best superhero movie of 2012 finally releases it's teaser on superherohype! Oh yea!  I'm so stoked over this now, as i can't wait to see the full trailer, and eventually the film.  As I don't care what anyone says, "The Dark Knight Rises" will probably end up being the best superhero film of 2012; hands down.  Sure, the "Avengers" will probably make the most money purely off the novelty factor.  roll  However, it's the "Dark Knight Rises" that'll show us it's more about quality than it is about quantity with superhero films.  Bravo Nolan! Bravo.  I can't wait to see Batman and Bane throw down with each other, as that fight is going to be great.  What are your thoughts on the teaser? 

here's a link if you guys want to know what im talking about

http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic … now-online

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

here's a youtube link if you guys can't see it on the other one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpPpzRIc … h_response

3. carpesomediem profile image61
    carpesomediemposted 12 years ago

It took all my self-control not to stand up and applaud the teaser before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yesterday.  I was shocked, I hadn't read at all it was out, yet, so it was a very, very pleasant surprise.  I can't wait to see what Nolan does with Bane and if he chooses to take the route in the comics of what happens between Batman and Bane.  I can't wait!!

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

your lucky. i haven't even seen the new harry potter film, as I just caught the "dark knight rises" teaser online today.  it looks like a great film.  Now, i'm just curious to see how catwoman is going to be portrayed, and how she fits into all this too.  Plus, I don't care what anyone says, but I have a feeling that Marion Cotillard's character might be Ra's daughter in disguise.  At least, that's my theory.  i could be wrong, but it'll be interesting to see how it all goes down in this last movie.

4. carpesomediem profile image61

I feel like there's so much going on in this film that it'll be hard to wrap things up, so it'll be interesting to see how they "end" it.  I hate that they'd bring in such an iconic character as Catwoman just to throw her away... I guess I'm still bitter over how they handled Two-Face in The Dark Knight.

If you go see Harry Potter, see it in 3D.  Totally worth it.  I was lucky and saw it in IMAX 3D.  Simply amazing!

1. profile image0

i don't know if i would agree with you about how they threw "Two-Face" away, as he did fit in perfectly within the context of the last film when you stop to think about it.  If two-face would've survived like many fans wanted, then it would've contradicted Harvey's line about "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." It's a psychological message that's carried through the film, as it redefines who Batman is, and how he's willing to embrace whatever Gotham needs him to be portrayed for the greater good.  In the film, Harvey Dent was the white knight of gotham. If the citizens of that city would've known the truth about Harvey's wicked acts as Two Face, then all hope in that city would've been gone; hence making batman's noble sacrifice to become the portrayed villain in Gotham's eyes that much more heroic and meaningful in a lot of ways.  giving Bale's speech about: "Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, as people deserve more.  Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." That to me was the perfect reason why it was necessary for Two Face to have a short role, as setting him up for a 3rd movie as the main villain would've completely made those last two great lines meaningless. 

Personally, I think the next batman film will be good.  I don't know if it'll make as much money as the last movie, but I know it'll be a great film regardless, as nolan has never let me down before.  Hell, I was a fan of Nolan BEFORE he was even a big name in Hollywood; same for Bale.  However, I guess we'll have to wait and see.  Personally, I'm more concerned with how he's going handle Superman, as I know he's not directing it, but he's producing it.  Therefore, I'm kind of curious to see how the collaboration between Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan end up panning out for the Superman movie.

5. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

Did you all see the, Rise Of the Planet Of The Apes, trailer out?

Looks excellent.

1. profile image0

Yep, sure did. It looks amazing too. smile

6. carpesomediem profile image61

I saw that on Apple's web site a week ago or so -  I didn't even know they were making a new Planet of the Apes film - and it looked soooooooooo good.

7. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

the apes have personality unlike the originals. Cant wait for that anf fd5! bane looks cool DNR should be a good movie

8. Nickalooch profile image58
    Nickaloochposted 12 years ago

i have no doubt this will b a great movie. will it b better then TDK, idk thats a tough feat because the performance of heath and the plot itself and everything u mentioned.

as for the movie, i agree that Marion will be Ra's daughter as it'll help all the movies connect, sumthing that Nolan likes to do. i also wouldnt be surprised if Ra's comes back, via the Lazarus Pit or something. I just get the feeling though that there will be one big surprise that he hasnt revealed. i think its very intersting how he cast Joseph Gordon Levitt in the film who was Heaths best friend in real life. Do i think he is taken up the part of the Joker, no. Nolan didnt want to do the 3rd film after heaths death not only because he was so close to him, but he felt without The Joker present in the 3rd it would be useless. I imagine then that he had the Joker going to Arkham and breaking out with multiple villains in mind for the 3rd.Instead i think Ra's may be doing that.

Either way i cant wait for this movie. I think Nolan and his brother Jonathan Nolan take great measures to create the best movie possible. I loved them since Memento, and Insomnia.

1. profile image0

I don't disagree with any of your points, as I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Nolan brings back Ras too.  However, I have a feeling that Joseph Gordon-Levitt may turn out to still be Alberto Falcone in disguise.  this would be perfect, as it would help connect this movie to the previous film.  Plus, I know in one of Catwoman's many origin rewrites, she was a prostitute who was the illigitimate daughter of the falcone family; which served as her main reason to rob from them as her femme fatale alter ego.  I think if this happens, along with Marion turning out to be talia, this will help bring the series to full closure.  Not only will they be wrapping up the "League of Shadows" storyline from "Batman Begins", but they'd also be simutaneously wrapping up the mafia family story line too if they went this route.  Personally, I think whatever Nolan has rolled up his sleeve, you know he's going to give you one helluva a story.

I doubt seriously this movie will make anywhere near the amount of money that the "Dark Knight" made, nor do I expect hear any oscar buzz for this film.  However in terms of pure story alone, i think nolan isn't going to disappoint us.  smile

1. Nickalooch profile image58
        Nickaloochposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i dont think we will every disagree, i didnt wanna go that in detail but you did lol. i know i heard when Levitt was first cast his role was said to either be from anywhere from The Joker (which i highly doubt), Robin (never ever ever ever ever would Nolan or Bale allow), Black Mask to further the mob storyline and be the head villain, or Alberto Falcone. I think it is one of the latter obviously to further the mob storyline as you said. His official credit is that of John Blake, a cop on the task force to bring Batman to justice for his "crimes" in TDK. Could very well be that to, i heard a rumor of Bane actually breaking Batman's back and Blake takes over in a pseudo-Nightwing role to allow Batman to recover but Blake doesnt do a bang up job and forces Batman to come back even when he isnt at full health. I doubt tht's the way Nolan will go though because if it were i think Levitt's character would have had to be introduced before this movie as that kind of arc would need more care to develop into that.

If you watch the trailer carefully though and notice at the end when Batman is walking backwards away from Bane you can notice that he is seemingly out of breath. Probably from getting beaten from Bane, who seemed unphased from the fight. However, the real point of this is if you look over Batman's left shoulder you can see a man in the upper right corner of the shot in a whiteish blueish suit holding a gun. Could it be Levitt as whoever he is playing? Probably, the man looks like hes the same size as Levitt.

I also agree though that this movie wont make as much money as TDK did, but it'll still draw a substantial amount of people. I dont think itll make as much as Avengers but thats also because the Avengers has the 3D format which adds 6-8 dollars to every ticket which can make quite the difference. Just look at the most recent HP movie and how it crushed TDK's opening weekend. I think that's a joke personally because i dont think its half the movie that TDK is.

1. profile image0

lol. you know im starting to think you're right about that, as it doesn't seem like we disagree on anything. although im sure we will eventually.  lol. To be honest, i didn't notice the guy standing behind batman in that one part of the trailer, so i'll definitely have to watch it again to confirm it.  lol.  I think you're right about the "Avengers", as I think it's going to make more money than "TDKR" because of the novelty factor. 

I think too many people are interested to see how Marvel will pull off merging multiple film franchises into one cohesive story.  Although I doubt it'll be that great as people think it will be.  If "Iron Man 2" is any indication, I think the story is just going to be rushed with too many characters being meshed into one film.  Plus, it seems Marvel Studios is treating their movies like comic books to where it's going to rely on their audiences to have to watch all the films in order to keep track of what's going on; which can be dangerous because most people probably won't watch every single Marvel movie made.  Plus, there's still a possibility that they're bound to make a flop eventually; which is bad for Marvel Studios because they really can't reboot any of their franchises, since they're establishing to audiences that they all exist in the same universe.  Therefore, I tend to question the long term success of marvel studios grand plan.  then again, ive been wrong before on things...

9. Nickalooch profile image58

i know what your saying but i think Marvel is going about it the right way. they must have written how each movie will tie in to each other before Iron Man 1. Iron Man 2 was a mistake and i think they realize that. the entertainment of each movie will be mostly in the special effects and the action. i dont think anyone expects it to be like a big Oscar winning type film, speaking of Avengers that is. I'm sure they will do 3 Avengers films, and 3 Thors, 3 Capt Americas, 3rd Iron Man is on its way, and i've heard rumblings of Doctor Strange, Black Panther after the first Avengers film to tie into future Avengers films. Sadly they like Tom Welling from Smallville for Doctor Strange and his HORRIBLE acting ability.

I could talk about this all day but point is that Avengers and any film from Marvel wont be the kind of film that Batman is just because it's tying in all these all films together. Batman is one single story that is very well written. Marvel films all tie together not for one collective great story but a decent one with great action sequences (atleast i'm hoping for...Iron Man and War Machine vs Whiplash was awful as was Thor vs The Destroyer) I've liked every marvel movie that has come out yet, i do think they are doing a great job of it all.

1. profile image0

Actually, 3 thor movies, 3 captain america, and a third iron man isn't a rumor, as Marvel already announced those films you mentioned a few months ago, so I would hardly call them rumors.  Plus, they did confirm that a "Black Panther" film along with a "Luke Cage" and "War Machine" movie is in the planning stages as well. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the upcoming "Avengers" movie is going to suck, as I never said that. I just don't think it'll be as great as people are going to make it out to be.  As for casting Tom Welling goes, I heard about that rumor too, but we'll have to wait and see how that shakes out first. As far as saying that Marvel Studios will never make a flop is a statistical impossibility is all I was getting at.  After all, "the incredible hulk" almost bombed in theaters due to poor marketing, and people's mis-perception of it being linked to Ang Lee's "Hulk"; which technically it was as they promoted as a quasi-sequel if you will.  Something that didn't bode well for them. 

Plus, "Ant-Man" is another property that's still in the planning stages by Marvel Studios as well..are you tell me you think that movie is going to be a hit too?  I don't think so, as I can see that film bombing fairly easier than it is to fathom it will be a hit.  No offense to "Ant-Man", but he's only interesting when you put him with the "Avengers."  By himself?  He's nobody.  Sorry.   Plus, Marvel studios also announced that Jeremy Renner will be playing Hawkeye again in a solo movie if the "Avengers" does as well as they hope.  If that happens, are you telling me you think that "hawkeye" is going to be a hit?  A guy that does nothing but shoot bows and arrows is going to be a box office success?  Sorry, but Hawkeye isn't an interesting enough character to warrant a solo film.  Hell, I still don't see how his character is even remotely necessary for the Avengers in the first place.

10. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

welling as strange (who had more to do with the fantastic 4 and next to nothing to do with the avengers)is much better then ruffalo as bruce banner( hes more of the friend who will never be boyfriend in chick flicks)

11. Nickalooch profile image58

As far as Hawkeye movie....Robin Hood did well lol. Ant-Man...i literally laughed out loud when i read that lol.

I'm sure one of the films won't do well as those 2nd tier characters can't really carry a film. I think Doctor Strange and Black Panther are the best bets. Even Scarlet Widow or Quicksilver although i doubt theyll do that. i figured the 3 films for those films were confirmed but i wasnt entirely sure. if you saw in my Capt America hub i mentioned how Chris Evans was signed for 10 films by Marvel so i figured that atleast six of them were Avengers trilogy and Capt trilogy.

Going back to Ant-Man, i really have no interest in him, i dont even really know much about him. The movie has Edgar Wright attached to it but i still cant seem to care. I just want the Infinity Gauntlet...just give me that story in the Avengers films. Which is plausible considering how Thanos is confirmed to be in the Avengers first film, I guess he'll be the big bad controlling everything ordering the Skrulls to get the cosmic cube or something along those lines.

1. profile image0

Yeah, but Robin Hood was set back in a time before things like guns were invented.  Now if Hawkeye were to go solo, all it would take is for some gun toting bad a** to shoot him with a machine gun, and he'd be dead.  lol. 

Well I do agree with you that I think Dr. Strange and Black Panther would do well in their own solo movies.  Although the only thing that scares me about "black panther" is his name.  Most people aren't as familiar with his character as some of the other big names that Marvel has, so the word "black panther" could spark controversy due to the fact that it's linked to a known terrorist group called "The black panthers"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)