How Do You Leave a Gap Between Photos

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

Ok thanks to the lovely Everyday Miracles I now know how to place a photo within my hub but can someone tell me how you can space the gap between them, thanks.

2. JamaGenee profile image78
    JamaGeneeposted 15 years ago

If you put each photo into its own photo capsule, there'll be a gap. Is that the type of gap you mean?

3. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

In my current hub all the photos just fall under each other but I want them placed to certain places within the text but dont know how to do that yet.

4. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

If you look on the right ...near the bottom..it lists all your capsules...there is a *Reorder now* button...figure out where you want everything ...then click on that button smile saves everything. Hope that helps

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank you : )

5. Dame Scribe profile image56

You are quite welcome smile you done playin with you buttons now? tongue lol

1. profile image48

Lol have the hang of moving them about but I still cant get that gap between them. I am blinking thick : )

6. Dame Scribe profile image56

When you have your photo capsule open.. try that *with border* button smile

1. profile image48

Ok will do it later, have to get some shopping in, the crew are about to have a mutiny and the cabin girl wont cook until she gets new lipstick, oh the joys of managing a pirate ship, many thanks and enjoy yer weekend DS : )

1. JamaGenee profile image78
        JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And where does a pirate shop, pray tell.  Better yet, *why* would a pirate shop?  Isn't the whole pirate thing about waylaying other ships and taking whatever you want??  Just asking. cool

1. profile image48

Jeeez give me a break, they dont have Tescos onboard the other ships lol. I worked it all it, I only had one long line of text so in future I know to do my bit of text save it insert the pic then edit the next bit of text etc. How dumb am I to take a month to get the hang of things. Cheers guys !

2. profile image0
          C. C. Riterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ROFLMAO good one Jama

1. profile image48

Oi dont encourage the Wench lol

7. Dame Scribe profile image56

I love shopping smile have fun! can't have a mutiny now, lol

8. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

She doesn't need it. haha that's just her. hehe good luck wi yer buttons now

1. profile image48

True, damn wench !

1. JamaGenee profile image78
        JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I haven't been called a wench in years.  Actually it was "saucy wench", but I won't quibble.  Thanks guys! cool

1. profile image48

Moi pleasure you saucy lil wench ; )

9. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

I think I understand your question, and to space photos out over the hub, you need different capsules.

For example:

Text Capsule 1 heading         Photo capsule 1

text text                      photo
    text text
    text text
    text text
    text text

Text Capsule 2 heading         Photo capsule 2

text text
    text text
    text text
    text text

Text Capsule 3 heading         Photo capsule 3

text text
    text text
    text text
    text text

Text Capsule 4 heading         Photo capsule 4

text text
    text text
    text text

1. profile image48

Thats exactly what I am looking for and I think I have it sussed now for my next hub. Cheers LG for setting it out like that and cheers to you all for helping me, deff takes you a while to find out everything, well me anyone. Anyways thanks again !

1. beautyrose profile image59
        beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks this also the answer to my questions before.

10. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

Are you putting all  of your photos in one capsule? If so, I think they will stay bunched together.

If you put each photo in a separate capsule, you can move each independently-- and have even more placement options if your text is broken into several capsules.
    Not sure if this is what you are asking.

11. aniketgore profile image60
    aniketgoreposted 15 years ago

sometimes i use empty text capsule to keep up a gap.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)