jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

moving photos to desired location in my hub

1. moonfroth profile image76
    moonfrothposted 5 years ago

I can't make it work!  Instructions say DRAG PHOTO TO REORDER, but there's no way to get from the "photos"section to the "text" section.  And when I try to use the alternative, the green arrows, ALL the photos are moved in a block up or down.

I feel like an idiot.  I'm sure I'm committing some basic error--but I can't figure it out.

Sure would appreciate a leg up from some more experienced hands.  Thanks!

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

On the photo capsule, click "edit" then you can drag the photos up and down and place them in order. That will vary the order of the photos.

If you want an individual photo elsewhere in the hub, you will need to add another photo capsule and upload the photo to it. Then you can move the one photo and capsule around using the arrows on the capsule, or in the right hand column, in hub edit mode, you will see the ability to drag your capsules there.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You have to use different text capsules to arrange picture amongst the text.

3. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi moonfroth. You could try making your photos half width (using the green right facing arrow in the edit photo mode). And then try moving the photos up or down with the green arrows. If you do this the text should kind of 'wrap' around the photo(s) depending how many text capsules you have. I usually break up the text into smaller capsules, and just play around moving the half width photos up and down, and moving back and forth from edit to done editing until it looks right to me.

moonfrothposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  That is indeed the strategy I used--successfully!

1. snakeslane profile image80
          snakeslaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.

2. moonfroth profile image76
    moonfrothposted 5 years ago

Dale--thanks so much for your prompt reply.  I THOUGHT I had been proceeding as you suggested, but obviously I'm missing something, so back to the drawing board.  Thanks again

Clark Cook

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Each capsule is a single entity. To put things in different locations, use multiple capsules. For instance:

1 TEXT CAPSULE
    1 PHOTO CAPSULE
    2 TEXT CAPSULES
    1 LINK CAPSULE

You can then move them around as needed, using the arrows on the capsules.

Thanks WryLit et al--by George!!  I think I've got it!!

Clark

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Don't feel too badly smile we all asked the same questions when we first arrived too wink

Thanks--but Hub management should spell this all out in understandable language!

working