Add Chitika Ads to Hubpages Earnings!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. questionpaper profile image79
    questionpaperposted 12 years ago

Hi to all there! I hope that u all are fine!

Hi To Hubpages team,
    What I am going to suggest is to add Chitika ads (similar to adsense) to Hubpages earnings. I'm saying so because there are many people whose adsense account are banned forever. This feature should be added to Hubpages as it will cater for those people whose adsense account are disabled. HubPages is a great site for article writers and for those who wish to earn a handsome amount of income each month and I guarantee that!

InfoBarrel is another article writing site like Hubpages (I bet that Hubpages is better than it) which integrates Chitika Ads and Adsense ads. But the problem of InfoBarrel is that when you write an article, it should be between 325 and 400 words and on top of that when you publish your article, it goes into an  where a manager will review your article before it is published. This is why I'm requesting Hubpages Team to integrate the Chitika Ads which will cater for people whose adsense are disabled.

Please give us a reply!!!

2. profile image58
    laptop-coolerposted 12 years ago

Chitika provides horrible earnings.

questionpaperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

but i have seen people making over 5000 dollars (one of my friend is earning this amount!!!)

1. thisisoli profile image69
        thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If he is saying he is making that much off of Chitika he eitehr a) is lieing, or b) Has thousands of spam sites.

3. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Sites which use Chitika look very cheap and spammy.

I would not wish to have it on anything where my writing is featured.

if not chitika then infolinks which is now the highest paid in-text advertising program! infolinks looks good and does not take any space!

1. thisisoli profile image69
        thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Since Hubpages (unfortunately imo) removed Kontera I doubt they will be bringing a similar ad solution on board.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

In text links are also a very bad look and don;t tend to earn well.  That's why Hubpages got rid of them.

Not to be impolite, but how about writing a hub before deciding how to improve the system?

if hubpages does not take action then people whose adsense account has been banned, would leave hubpages because amazon wont earn you more!!! GOT IT?

1. jimmythejock profile image83
        jimmythejockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you are on hubpages and have no hubs, which to me means no say GOT IT?

1. WriteAngled profile image75
          WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Awww, cute little one, Jimmy! smile

2. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have Amazon and Ebay.  An adsense alternative would be good--but not Chikita or in text ads which make the entire platform look less desirable. I understand losing adsense is a pain, but finding a viable alternative is difficult.

In any case, I still don't see how you can be so sure what will work on hubs when you have never published one. Perhaps you could phrase these more as suggestions and less like demands.

sorry for being rude with you. I published around 120 articles on technology niche but i earned nothing neither from adsense nor from amazon after waiting for one year thats why i unpublished them.

5. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 12 years ago

Listen up matey-bob ... do you really think that Hubpages gives a monkeys for demands such as yours? Or, come to think of it, will they want the site littering with people that have had their Adsense accounts banned?

Adsense does not ban accounts for a couple of hiccups.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rightly said frogdropping.

6. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I do not understand who you speaking for, if you have no Hubs here you cannot earn by any means that I am aware of.

People have left here before who have had many hubs published and as far as I am aware it has not changed a thing. There are many changes here that have taken place over the last year an additional set of ads. would clutter up the pages and might put off incoming traffic.

If this is connected to the other post about Adsense being taken away from people in certain countries at the moment then Adsense are the ones to approach about changing things. If it is about being banned through breaking TOS then the chances are they would be breaking the rules here too.

7. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 12 years ago

And also if their Adsense account was banned then they must have been doing something to get them Adsense accounts banned! Hubpages won't go out of their way to help those that go against Terms of Service on certain accounts...GOT IT?!!!

8. jcmayer777 profile image63
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

Chitika isn't the best earner, from my experience.  I have them on my IB articles, but the earnings are only about 5-10% of what my adsense earnings are on that site (although the placement is not great for them).

If your account got banned, you can try Bukisa or one of the sites that pays on a per-view basis.  I'm not which they are these days, but I know there are some.  Associated Content or some such thing is/was one of them.  There are also some upfront pay sites that you can explore.  I know it's not ideal, but it is something to consider.

I think hpads is okay and it's essentially a way for HP to decrease dependence on the big G.  It's another rev source, similar to what Chitika is for other sites that use AdSense, although I suspect HP has designs of doing all their own ads at some point (just based on gut feeling and nothing else)

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Last time I checked, Chitika was brought before the community in one other thread(at least), somewhere around the time they(staff) were eliminating Kontera. And, it was asked of the community about bring it in and there were not enough people to favor the decision.

Just a thought to be added to your thread.

10. amandaD profile image59
    amandaDposted 12 years ago

My Husband has always said that Chitika Sucks Ass! But Chicken Tikka on the other hand....!

11. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

If you have content, it is just a matter of finding how to monetize it. Perhaps Examiner.com. They don't require users to have an adsense account.

1. rajan jolly profile image92
      rajan jollyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, say what you may but the fact is Google gives a stepmotherly treatment to hubbers from Asia. Why is it that, as I understand it, that hubbers from China and India especially, have to have an active account for atleast 6 months before they can apply for Adsense?
      Not all asian hubbers are into spamming and to target all for the fault of a few is to sprinkle salt over the  injury.
      Google must devise better  ways to seperate chaff from wheat.
      Who could be better equipped than Google with so much technology at its finger tips to assuage the feelings of sincere hubbers or online content writers be they be from any part of the world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)