BIG Adsense problem struck!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (45 posts)
  1. chopsooy profile image60
    chopsooyposted 10 years ago

So it seems I have a predicament. I don't have an Adsense account as over at IB they manage it for me, and I don't need one. I do however need one here...I thought if I just went with enabling the hub pages ad program I could disable the adsense and it would be cool, but now I see I still have to have adsense also. I don't have a problem with trying to get one ofter publishing 10 or so hubs, but from what I have read about Adsense, the fact I'm in China means that I can't  get one until I've been hubbing here for 6 months. Now, does that really mean that all the articles I write here for 6 months, that will have been read and clicked on, will actually not be capable of earning 1 cent? If that is the case, I think I may as well pull out now? Not meaning to sound like a rant but just obvious sense isn't it? I don't think anyone want's to sit on all their articles for 6 months with every click accumulated earning zero.
    Does anyone know if this is the case?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Generally speaking, yes, the 6 month rule does apply.

However, the quality of your work can come into it, and there are a few people who've been approved with no issues before then, too.

In my first 6 months here I earned something like $15. Honestly, unless you're amazingly good with SEO, chances are you won't make a whole lot of dough for awhile anyway. You'll get somewhere between $2-$5 per 1,000 views.

Your hubs aren't too bad. If you could work on breaking down some of the big text blocks, right aligning instead of having full width content and neaten them up a little they'd be great - by the time you've made enough to be profitable you'll likely either get approved or be at 6 months anyway.

chopsooyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice. Don't know what they like here yet with regards to lay out. That's really a big thing about the Adsense. I hear what your saying about not earning much for the first 6 months anyway, but I just hate feeling like being held over a barrel by Adsense. There is no guarantee that they just won't issue it, like what happened at some other sites, then I'd have to pull all the articles  and replace them else where, which I guess would loose the 6 months maturing time. It just feels wrong to be writing on the assumption that they will agree to giving you an Adsense account.

I guess it's your call. As long as you stick to the Adsense rules (which I'd very much recommend you read), you should be fine. Many people don't even read the ToS and then complain when they lose an account for writing on adult topics, drugs, alcohol, using traffic exchanges or clicking their own adverts.

In the meantime you can still earn off Amazon, but that's a different type of writing.

2. sleepylog profile image60
        sleepylogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

WryLilt... I tend to keep my text to the full width of the page, but you often mention keeping it right-alligned, what are the benefits to that?  And what should we fill the left side with? Thanks smile

2. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The  Adsense ID number you use at IB is also used here. All you have to do is put it in your earnings profile.

3. Aplethora23 profile image72
      Aplethora23posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Do not give up, is what I say. We already know what the results are from giving up!  smile

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 10 years ago

My adsense account was approved within 2 weeks and I'm from India and the 6 month rule was enforce at the time. I guess it just depends on what you have. However, I did apply through my blogger blog which had around 5 posts when I applied

Really? Great... I'll just see how it goes for a while then. I did start up a blogger account too but with too many things to concentrate on at once, have let it go by the way side. Maybe I should look at getting that active again. Thanks for the info. Never know I may get lucky.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yup, you can try your luck. But, as wrylilt said: In the first 6 months we earned hardly anything here unless you're planning on pumping out 100's of hubs in that time and you get a few visits to each (Because within that time it's highly unlikely that you would get 100's of visits to a single hub as it's not yet aged - in most cases). The final decision is yours to make anyway.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If your Blogger account has been in existence for a few months and you've got some posts on it, that would count towards the time period.  So applying with your Blogger account definitely sounds like the way to go.

+1

2. Jasmeetk profile image80
        Jasmeetkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It sounds amazing that you got adsense in just 2 weeks. Also, I got my hope back that I can get adsense before 6 months.
        You said you that you had published just 5 posts on blogger when you got adsense. Can you tell me what type of posts they were, length and other things?

Hmm, not too sure about the length because I deleted that blog a month after I found Hub Pages smile But, judging by the content I'm sure they were at least 500+ words each. The blog was about growing tomatoes. I have a few hubs on tomatoes now and they were similar topics on the blog.

1. Jasmeetk profile image80
            Jasmeetkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks lobobrandon smile

2. Bedbugabscond profile image94
      Bedbugabscondposted 10 years ago

What is IB?

Infobarrel a revenue sharing site

2. chopsooy profile image60

Yeah infobarrel is where I started writing online just 3 months ago. Hard to write this without it sounding like a brag (or complaint about HP) but the reason I was concerned about the inability to earn for 6 months is because my first two months at IB have brought in over $30.00...36 articles. This month is looking much lower and that's why I wanted to branch out and start writing at another place also. HubPages was recommended so.... Here I am.

I guess I should mention that they have a referral system and it is a great place to write... If anyone wants an additional place to write, please feel free to find me there with the same writer name and click on my referral link. Would be much appreciated.

2. WryLilt profile image88

I took all my content off Infobarrel - hardly earned anything there. Have they changed the payment system recently? I make plenty with Hubpages.

Yeah you don't need Adsense, they manage tier one and two.

Ah ok. I think when I left it was Adsense and Chitika or something like that... I do shy away from tier systems as they usually reward a small group of people for a lot of other people's hard work.

No more chitika...what do you mean about the tier sytems? I just thought one is Adsense ads and other is lower paid ads?

Ah I just had a squiz at IB. Looks different than the tier systems I am used to - on IB it looks like you get paid for every click you get, just direct through IB instead of your own Adsense account.

On sites like Squidoo, you earn a set amount of money based on your article ranking - so everyone with a certain ranking gets $1 for that month, or in a higher ranking $5 for that month, no matter how many clicks they actually get.

;-) must be why my gut instinct was to stay away from Squidoo. Yeah I think IB's new payment system works very well, especially for those without Adsense like myself. There has been much talk about Adsense income suddenly being very low, so my planned experiment was to write here because I could disable Adsense, however I didn't realise I needed Adsense to not use it :-) if you get my drift. I just wanted to see if I can earn well here without their ads.

Maybe you could apply for Adsense using Infobarrel, as it seems they still allow you to use your own account if you wish?

2. galleryofgrace profile image71
                    galleryofgraceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

All IB payments are Adsense, they do not pay directly.

No, not true... Not all are Adsense.

2. yarddog2k profile image60
                      yarddog2kposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You need to take another look at Infobarrel. They changed their pay system and now writers do NOT have to have an AdSense account. Infobarrel uses their own AdSense ID and they share 75% of the adsense money earned from clicks on the ads in your articles directly with you. And yes, Infobarrel does pay you directly. I recently updated my account info there to include my preferred payment method.

3. ologsinquito profile image82
      ologsinquitoposted 10 years ago

chopsooy,

Perhaps you want to try writing at both HP and Infobarrel and maybe think about adding a third site to diversify, such as Zujava or Wizzley. Meanwhile, hopefully, you'll be approved for the payment plan here.

You can still sign up for Amazon here. Make sure you put a module kind of high up in your articles (not too high though), and then place some more Amazon throughout the articles (but not too many).

Good luck.

Actually I'd like to stay writing here, but I've had it from good sources that Adsense only provide an account if you own a domain. Yes they will issue to blogger sites, but only a limited license that can only now be used at your blogger site. You definitely can't get one through IB anymore even though they service existing Adsense accounts. So I'd love to hear from someone who has recently managed to get Adsense here at Hubpages after about 10 articles like they state when you sign up? From what I've managed to find out today, it doesn't seem likely at all?

1. jericho911 profile image84
          jericho911posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't have a domain and finally got my adsense. I'd also heard that you need a domain or 25 hubs.  I got it with 9 and no domain, so the rumors are not totally true.  My biggest problem with infobarrel is that you can't really monetize it with affiliate programs (the tiny amazon spot they give is hardly able to be noticed). Plus, it's worthless for backlinks.  Add the fact that their requirements are strict, so I don't use it anymore.  I transferred what I had been denied there and all is featured here.  They said my articles on jockeys and racinos and horse racing were against adsense principles.  I guess they should tell that to google, who have their ads all over my articles here. LOL

:-) they are strict! Well done you. Wonder why they refused those articles? Just had a look. Your post gives me hope, but then I fall back to my original question... Being situated in China, indicates I have to wait at least 6 months. So guess it comes down to whether I'm prepared to let the articles not just be passive but be sound asleep :-)

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

HubPages needs to update their advice. For the last six months or so, most people have had to write about 30 Hubs to get approved, not just 10.

If you apply for Adsense through anything but your own site, it will only be valid for the site you applied for.   So if you apply for a Wizzley account it will be valid only for Wizzley, if you apply through HubPages it will only be valid for HubPages, and so on.   However, once you've got that first account, it's pretty quickto get approval for subsequent sites, from what I hear.  So I think it's still worth applying through the Blogger account as a first step.

Correct.

If you get approved with a ca-pub ID, that's a limited account for use with Google partner sites using revenue sharing API.

If you have a ca-pub though, you can submit your own website for further consideration and an upgrade to pub.

4. John Jason Hosac profile image60
      John Jason Hosacposted 10 years ago

I figured out the best/fastest/easiest route to get an adsense account but I would hate for everyone to think that I am promoting anything so if you would like to know send me your email.

As long as you don't own the site or earn anything from promoting it, and it's legal, it's fine wink

5. shielamaeparreno profile image65
      shielamaeparrenoposted 10 years ago

Hi jason, i'm interested but is it ok to give my email here?

1. Aplethora23 profile image72
        Aplethora23posted 10 years agoin reply to this

John Jason Hosac, I am interested as well. How do I give you my email address without blasting it? Hmmm. Would a "fan mail" message work or does that get displayed someplace as well? (I am obviously a rookie here) smile

6. Zingali profile image61
      Zingaliposted 10 years ago

tweet it. facebook it. they'll start to go up.

7. Zingali profile image61
      Zingaliposted 10 years ago

Some days are pennies. Other days can be a few bucks. It all adds up over time. If you are in this for the short-term, you'll rip your hair out. If you can be patient and keep writing, eventually you will start to see your adsense grow each month. It just takes time and hitting the social media a bit, to help get your views going.

8. chopsooy profile image60
      chopsooyposted 10 years ago

Just for people's information. This issue was resolved by using my blogger blog which has been running for over 6 months all be it a little neglected because of my other ventures. Even though it's been mentioned that you need a different Adsense acceptance for all different sites now, this doesn't seem to have been the case. All ok! Thanks for advice people!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)