Patron God and Matron Goddess - What are yours?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (34 posts)
  1. kittythedreamer profile image75
    kittythedreamerposted 12 years ago

If you've chosen a pantheon or tradition, which god is your patron god and which goddess is your matron goddess? I tend to switch back and forth, but my matron goddess tends to always stay the Celtic Rhiannon goddess and my patron god switches back and forth between Lugh and Pan. How about you all...Pagans and Hindus and other people who follow a Pagan path?

1. Mona DiAngelo profile image57
      Mona DiAngeloposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"I am the way."
      You are just playing.
      enjoy...

2. Cresentmoon2007 profile image64
      Cresentmoon2007posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The God that I follow is in the image of the christian god and the goddess I follow is Sophia. Although I also like to worth with Isis from time to time.

kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Cresentmoon! That's awesome. Yes, I do tend to switch between Celtic gods and the ideal of the Christian god. But it all sort of melds together at some point. Who is Sophia?

3. Angela Morgan profile image60
      Angela Morganposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a special affinity with cats so I'm naturally attracted to gods/goddesses that have a link with felines. I am particularly attracted to Bast of the Egyptian Pantheon. I am also attracted to Freya of the Norse Pantheon. I have not yet found my God yet as I am still soul searching to find what I believe in.

1. Cresentmoon2007 profile image64

I am very interested in Bast, although I do not use her in rituals or anything I still enjoy learning about her. Not to mention I too love cats. Though I have more of a connection with Dogs.

2. Cresentmoon2007 profile image64
    Cresentmoon2007posted 12 years ago

She is the goddess of wisdom, even actually mentioned in christian texts at one point. But the name is actually greek and means wisdom therefore I look at her as being a greek goddess. Here's a link with some more information about her http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(wisdom)

Oh, cool! I"ll have to check it out. Thanks.

you're very welcome. I actually like doing research on gods and goddesses. I've always been interested in the Greek goddess Artemis, but never considered her to be the one I follow. Though I may just have to think about that

I'm sure you could incorporate her into one or two of your rituals. You never know...she may be quite helpful.

Yeah that is what I am starting to think about

2. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For a goddess I tend to lean towards Danu. I'm really into Celtic Paganism, so I tend to lean towards those deities. I haven't really found a god I feel connected with. However, I don't entirely consider myself Pagan, but more into Native American Spirituality. I tend to believe in what the Natives thought more so than Paganism.

Also, thanks for linking about Sophia, Cresent! I've never heard of her before, so I'll definitely have to look into it.

You're welcome! Glad to have helped. I really am connected to Sophia and always enjoy sharing information about her

3. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 12 years ago

Shiva and Shakti. I am not sure what Pagan gods are.

Thanks, janesix! I'll have to do some research on them.

2. pinktulipfairie profile image71
      pinktulipfairieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I actually thought that was really cool. Janesix. I like Hinduism.

4. profile image60
    nasakeposted 12 years ago

Legba and Ezili Freda. You'll be amazed how close you can become with Haitian gods.

Nasake - Wow! I've never even thought to look into Haitian gods. Absolutely intriguing. Thanks for sharing and Blessed Be.

nasake, I never really thought of looking into Haitian gods either. Interesting.

5. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Testiclees... the Greek God of sex

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Funny.  I would have thought you'd be more into Colonoscopees

6. profile image60

Kitty I am not in the slightest surprised. They are very full on! It's a decision I thought long about once I had experienced there presence, and decided to make the decision to live my life alongside them

7. profile image60

@Crescent- Well I have decided to put up a crash course in Haitian Vodou so stay tuned tongue

Awesome! I've done a hub on the Loa but would love to learn more. Thanks, Nasake. And Blessed Be!

8. pinktulipfairie profile image71
    pinktulipfairieposted 12 years ago

I follow God as a catholic . I am fascinated by Poseidon and Demeter and those are my two favorite God/ Goddess respectively. I think I am Earthy like Demeter and I feel how she must have felt when Persephone went to live in the underworld. I guess that is foreboding. I just like the Triton and the power over water for Poseidon.

Thanks for sharing. I've always loved the story of Demeter and Persephone. Really a beautiful, bittersweet story.

1. pinktulipfairie profile image71
        pinktulipfairieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is.Maybe that is why I relate to her since my story mirrors hers.

That's beautiful.

9. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

Let's not forget the ancient Welsh Celtic god 'sbwriel yn siarad'.

1. WriteAngled profile image75
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If anyone is talking rubbish, it is you.

10. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Sekhmet has been my patron goddess for many years. As for gods, Odin appeared once in a dream. I found him very special, although I do not follow the Norse path and know little about it.

However, I honour deities of all pantheons. When I am away from home, I like to make a libation to the "gods of place" of wherever I happen to be. This has resulted in some wonderful experiences smile

I have developed very deep ties to Wales since moving here. I really must immerse myself more in the Welsh pantheon, although I find it difficult to piece together the information. Some years back, I did a long pathworking/meditation on the story of Blodeuwedd, which gave me some very interesting insights and a different view of the story.

11. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

The Creator God is Immortal; only mortals need wife and childern; He never had a wife or son or daughter; He never had a father or mother; He created all of them

12. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Unity, which lies beyond the Veils of Negative Existence, is neither male nor female, but is also beyond our comprehension. For that reason, Unity manifests in many different forms, to enable each of us, should we so wish, to develop an I-Thou relationship with a particular form or forms through which we find meaning, love and joy in our individual lives.

Very well put, WriteAngled. Thank you for sharing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)