I don't get paid much--why?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 12 years ago

I have never gotten paid a whole heck of a lot on here.  I have followed google adwords and title turner and all the things that are supposed to make it pay but nothing seems to work.  Can anyone tell me why?  I am not new here at all either.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

Without really looking into your hubs, in general, I'd have to say the answer probably lies in your choice of topics to write about.  Are you getting good traffic?  If you aren't there is the first problem.  If you are, then they evidently aren't the type of traffic that clicks on ads or clicks through on your Amazon/Ebay capsules.

Lady Guinevereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My learning to sew hub and Agartha hub are the only ones that gets lots of views.I have been here 3 years now and people, other hubbers, have told me that I write good, but I don't get paid good at all.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

After a quick look at a few, the ones I read were very short and had titles that had no keywords.  As a matter of fact, I had difficulty finding a true keyword in any of them.  (Admittedly I read only a small selection)

Generally, having your keyword in your title, url, summary and your hub somewhere helps.

2. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Have you studied and learned SEO techniques?  Do you use the keyword tool to your advantage?  Are your keywords typically very low paying?

It's not easy to earn money online - you can't simply write something that no one searches for and expect the money to roll in.  Writing well is not nearly enough - your work must be monetized as well and be found on top of that.

Thanks to all for the help.  I did get some help from others as well and am revising my hubs today.

1. wilderness profile image96

Good luck, Lady.  I know when I started a little more than a year ago the majority of my time was spent learning that kind of thing and I've spent literally hundreds of hours studying those subjects.

It's a steep learning curve - earning by writing online is like nothing else I've attempted.  Nevertheless it can be done by someone willing to put the time and effort into it.

3. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

If we hope to get good money here, well we are sadly mistaken.  Has nothing to do with 'good' hubs or even good topics.

1. wilderness profile image96

I would respectfully disagree, although of course it depends on your definition of "good money".

I've met my 3 year goal of earning several hundred per month in a little over a year.  Obviously if I want a full time income I will have to put in more time each day and many more days, but there is no reason to think that couldn't be done either.

I agree with you.  When I first started 3 year ago I was a horrible writer and took the first year to learn how to write.  Now that I have several irons in that fire, I am ready to put some more time into learning what it is that gets money.  I am not talking about a full income here as I do other things that will get me that.  I just am looking to make more that about $.60 a day at this.  It's been like this for all 3 years.  $2.00 to $3.00 a day would be nice.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

The first thing to know is how well you are paid, i.e. what is your CPM--then what your traffic is.  To raise earnings you need, at a basic level, to either get more traffic, or get better traffic (more $ per hit).

You are talking greek to me.  If I use a keyword in my articles, how many can I have of each of those keywords or phrases and do they make money on each word or just on the one used?

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had a quick search on hubs, and grabbed this one out of 100s that are already published on the subject and it seems as good as any.
        http://yuwandablack.hubpages.com/hub/SE … EO-Content
        Read it.

2. wilderness profile image96

The problem begins to surface.  You have a lot of learning to do.

Keywords refer to words or phrases that searchers will type into google search engine when looking for something.  If your hub is built around those words google will then present your hub on the search results, giving the viewer the option of clicking through to your hub.  The higher up your hub is on that return, the more likely you will be found.  Anything past about position #20 or #30 is virtually worthless and anything past #10 isn't much better. 

Do a search on HP for "keywords" and "seo" - you will find a plethora of hubs written about each.

Got all that information from Eric Graudins today.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I mean that if you look at your earning for all your hubs what is the CPM, and what amount of daily traffic do you get?

Low earning is some combination of not enough visitors, or not earning enough per visitor--that is the first piece of information to get.

My own data would be low to average achievement: CPM is around 6 dollars, visitors per day about 600, thus I earn about $3.50 a day.

Thus my strategy now is to just get more traffic as my CPM is acceptable to me.

Thank you for the simple explanation.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Lady G, I just sent you an email.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)