If you could start a business right now, what would it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)
  1. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 12 years ago

I've always wanted to open a boutique/thrift store. What is your dream business?

1. Techbook profile image40
      Techbookposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It would be social networking website with unique functions to attract the masses. I'm not sure as to how much that would cost or forecast ongoing costs but today if there is any profitable business in this world then I think it has to be a successful social networking website.

Remember Mark Zuckerberg had a vision but he applied it sine he belived that you may lost your eye sight but do not lost your vision.

2. kmackey32 profile image63
      kmackey32posted 12 years ago

I have always wanted to get into flipping houses....

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image56
        Obscure_Treasuresposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i shall open a new Bar cum restaurant.

3. Blond Logic profile image94
      Blond Logicposted 12 years ago

My husband and I are currently just beginning a new business as tilapia farmers. Our first batch was sold last week. My husband is 60 and I am 51 so you are never too old to start a new business.

We had no experience in this but have done a lot of research on the internet and asked others who are raising them. It is hard work, frustrating at times, but will eventually be profitable. There are a lot of expenditures at the beginning but the market is huge.

Good question.

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I read your profile. I admire your courage. Good luck for you new business. I love tilapia. I wish I could do something like that.

4. profile image49
      Buy MJ Costumeposted 12 years ago

it's not a big issue to start a new business you can start even with the small amount of money, the need is just the enthusiasm to take it to the height because it will come with some of recession mean losses also with allot of profit you just have to remain calm and don't think everything is now over and you are good for nothing etc etc don't let down yourself in any situation. I am a person which enjoy the company of good people mean i feel harpy to see people around me so i personally want to start a small but delicate RESTAURANT. a very good question you arouse. Nice

5. Betty Reid profile image60
      Betty Reidposted 12 years ago

Something with cooking, like send out daily recipe suggestions and host parties once in a while.

6. mepperly profile image61
      mepperlyposted 12 years ago

I would open a retreat where people could come and find new ways to think and focus to change their lives.

7. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 12 years ago

i would love to be able to help kids with drug addictions, but I do not have necessary skills, it's very hard thing to do.

8. TJenkins602 profile image61
      TJenkins602posted 12 years ago

I would probably start a business that is related to life improvement or open up my own production company.

9. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years ago

If I was in America I would open business selling used goods.
      Lots of people have to sell stuff to keep afloat financially, others have to buy cheap to conserve capital. It's a no-brainer.

1. Paul Wingert profile image62
        Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why can't you do that in Australia?

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well up until recently the economy has been booming and you could put a car on your credit card.
          I find used goods work best in a flat economy. More sellers, and more buyers means more room for me in the market. smile

10. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I thought I would add that in my experience it works any time, but I have been through two flat economies and made money hand over fist in both of them with second-hand goods.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)