Black Holes and the Realm of God

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (49 posts)
  1. emrldphx profile image60
    emrldphxposted 12 years ago

First, I beg forgiveness for any facts about black holes that I miss or state incorrectly. It has been some time since I looked at papers, studies, experiments, or theories specific to black holes, so some things may be different than I used to know.

Anyway, the interesting thing about black holes is that they are singularities. Basically, they are this thing that our current models of math and science can't really explain, so we say they are singular. The laws that govern matter generally don't work in black holes.

It's the same as saying 'we don't really know what they are or how they work'. We do know that they can be created by a dying star, and they have tremendous gravitational pull. We know that no light escapes from a black hole.

At the center of the Milky Way is a gigantic black hole. Could this be the home, or one of the homes, of God? A place central to this galaxy from which to watch over us?

1. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Creator God is not a physical body or a spirit; all physical bodies and spirits are His creation; He manifests with His attributes everywhere; likewise He creates the black holes; but to say that He only dwells there won't be correct, in my opinion.

emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was just thinking out loud in my OP, and I failed to explain that I believe the creator God to have an actual 'physical' body. I put physical in '' because it's not like our body, with flesh and blood, but more perfected. I would say the closest I can come to describing it is a body with energy instead of blood.

There are a lot more scriptures I could use, but the point is that is my belief. I'm not trying to prove it to anyone else.

2. A Troubled Man profile image56
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

Ah yes, a very rational argument for your obvious point about unambiguous truth.

1. A Troubled Man profile image56

And, what you said was rational? lol

Oh troubled, you missed the point again. I'm sorry for not being more clear for you.

The point is, this is a forum to discuss ideas. I put out an idea for discussion. I think it's safe to say most people here are looking for discussion.

Bouncing in and out of threads with 'lol's' doesn't really contribute to the discussion.

It was perfectly clear, you wanted to inject magic into the discussion and call it rational. lol

What magic? If you call it magic you have to say why.

The silly claims of magic you professed and I wholeheartedly laughed, just a few posts back.

You miss the point. What magic? What makes it magic? If you claim it is magic, the burden of proof lies upon you to show why it is magic.

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Black holes are a result of stars having such intensive gravity that it collapses in on itself and not even light can escape it.

Simple gravity

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I don't know. Anything is possible. I like to begin with the premise that the things we don't understand are somehow naturally occurring and we simply need more information. The spiritual realm, if it exists, is obviously outside of our present pocket of knowledge. Any contact, if it has ever happened, would have also been by its choice. No one can recreate events they claim to have been privy to. So, if the spiritual realm exists, that separation is by its choice, not ours. I've always assumed that, if there is a God, he'll make his presence known in his own good time. In the interim, the secrets of the universe are our oyster to pry open.

I guess what I'm saying is; we know so little about black holes that even the strangest things could turn out to be possible, so it is too early to rule anything out. But, I wouldn't proceed with any research under the assumption that God put a big black hole in the middle of the galaxy just for him to live in.

1. profile image49

I agree with you; black hole is just a creation of the Creator God as He has created many things; it is not His abode.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey paar. Do you actually read my comments? Or do you use them to springboard into a comment about Creator God? I didn't actually say anything that could be seen as an agreement with your statement.

2. profile image49

As in the physical realm we know the truth in it by our tool of knowledge called science.

We know about the moral and spiritual realm from the Word of the Creator God; so He has made the necessary contact you have mentioned.

In our time He has conversed with Mirza Ghulam Ahmad- the Promised Messiah who is witness to the truth revealed on Muhammad, Jesus,Moses,Zoroaster,Krishna, Buddha.

The Word revealed harms nobody; it supports peace and opens new vistas of knowledge.

3. emrldphx profile image60

No, I definitely wouldn't base any research off of assumptions.

The thing that is most exciting to me is that our laws don't work with black holes. If they are real, what laws do they operate off of? Perhaps the are the laws our laws are based off of... who knows.

I look for God in all things, and owing to many different scriptures from different religious texts, I believe whenever God creates a planet with His children on it, He also creates a more heavenly type of planet nearby.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think the most important point to remember is; about all we know for sure about black holes is that they exist. Everything else is speculation and theory.

But, the comment you made I believe whenever God creates a planet with His children on it, He also creates a more heavenly type of planet nearby. ; is interesting.

I read about a psychic once. A violin teacher in Germany, I think, with no other education. His predictions about the world wars came true and he talked about a race of beings once on earth who looked like men, but weren't. He described the neanderthals to a tee, before evidence of them had been discovered. He also claimed that there was a moon on the far side of Saturn inhabited by superior beings. Angels, he called them. I've tried to find his predictions recently, but I can't seem to.

The whole story might have been an internet hoax, but it was an interesting read.

I don't think it really matters which way the truth lies. The point is that we think about possibilities. The point is we explore the universe and ourselves.

1. profile image49
  3. kess profile image61
    kessposted 12 years ago

The way and effect of what is called black hole is all around and within us.....

The knowledge of it is the key to understanding our beginnings and our destiny and every other thing.

the blackhole is death in all its glory....

4. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

Wasn't this the premise of a Star Trek episode?

I coulda swore it was......

I don't know, I'm not a trekkie smile

Black holes are thought of as galaxy-creators. Basically they form in a huge cloud of gas, and suck things in until the matter nearest the black hole gets too hot, and when it all gets sucked in together much of the black hole explodes. It blows away the rest of the gas and leaves a galaxy, usually with a black hole at the center.

I could imagine it as a tool of creation that God uses.

lol

2. profile image49

Sure it is a tool of the Creator God as is evolution .

3. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry it took me so long to read this, spent the last 4 days with a chest infection. I have had an interest in black holes since I was a kid living with my dad. He used to have all these book on them and when he would tuck me into bed at night I would ask him about them (one of the few bonding memories I have before I was removed from that home to my adopted home). Long tangent short, I have wondered about this suspected property of black holes, being galaxy creators. This big bang theory, it sorta ties in with this idea I have. The premise being a question, what happens when black holes collide? The answer I have found is that they make bigger black holes, and with the theory of entropy (that eventually all matter in the universe will cool down leaving nothing but black holes and dust) I imagine those black holes will get so darned big, like nothing that could exist in the universe now. Now what happens when two of those collide? Big bang maybe???
        Maybe even there are other big bang events that happen so far away from us that the light will never reach us before being pulled in by its own black holes, maybe even an infinite number of 'em?
        I like to think the universe is infinite. In an infinite universe there can be infinite possibilities playing out somewhere/time. Somewhere my unicorns and fairies and other fantasy creatures might just be what they would call real. Infinite possibilities, God could exist, might not, both are possibilities and according to my theory both will be right somewhere, kinda a paradox eh? lol
        Hence my agnosticism, might be a God (and in an infinite universe there are probably loads of 'em, buy the truck load!) and probably isn't, does it really matter???????
        Why should a good and charitable person who lives their life to the best of their abilities but don't accept Jesus, or Allah/Mahmud need worry more then the fundamental believer who happens to drown kittens in his bathtub cause it don't say he can't in the book?

In such vast vastness (I think I could write for Monty Python with a start like that!) that is existence, why should my beliefs play any important role in anything? The only chance I have at making this life a worth while one is through the impact I make on the other wonderful individuals in this crazy ol world of ours. If I go round hurting people the legacy I leave is one no one would thank me for! However if it's a good one, the ripples outward could play part in the survival of our species longer and hopefully be helpful toward our species finding the outer limits of its potential.

1. profile image49

In relation to the human beings the universe might be infinite but not in absolute terms; only the Creator God who created the universe in Absolute, Eternal and Infinite.

5. Moon Lightened profile image68
    Moon Lightenedposted 12 years ago

I agree a "creator god" would also be the creator of phenomenon like black holes, and as this god is associated with omnipresence I doubt it has one home other than existence itself.  I like to play with the idea that black holes feed and are portals to parallel dimensions.  This is what's so cool about not having absolutely answers.  It allows the mind to walk around a bit and explore.

6. mikelong profile image59
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

People use these terms "spirits", "god/s", but I just look to the vast spectrum of sensation and ponder on the beyond electron microscopic perceived width of human ability to observe...

Light, sound, touch....the overwhelming majority of everything that exists is set beyond our physical scope....

None of this compels or justifies systems of subjugation or "spiritual" imperialism, taxation (tithing, etc.), or the setting aside of special privileges for clergy or religious corporations....

I have never paid a cent of tithing that goes toward clergy or religious corporations... Did you know there are religions where the spiritual leaders don't accept any compensation for the work they do?

1. mikelong profile image59
        mikelongposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That may be.....but there are an overwhelming number who prey on parishoners through tithing and other money grabbing tactics...

Which means that you can't use it as an argument against my religion. Use it against those who do those things, I have no problem with that smile

7. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Show me the galaxies black hole.

Can't show you a black hole, by definition.

I can show you images of silhouettes and pulsar jets though.

8. knolyourself profile image60

"Can't show you a black hole, by definition."
    Seems to me then by definition a black hole can't be proven. But that's just me. I don't believe in the Big Bang and its invisible supporting appendages.

If we were having this discussion about atoms before we had the technology to detect them, you would say the same thing.

Arguing that something doesn't exist because it can't be proven is a logical fallacy.

I am interested though, what do you believe in as far as the universe goes?

2. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can easily (with our modern technology of course) see the effects of a black hole on the stars around it. At the center of our galaxy there is something sucking in the surrounding matters like stars. This something cannot be directly observed, we can however more clearly see other galaxies like our own that have a similar phenomenon happening at the center of their galaxies, and when they face us at different angels we can observe this 'sucking in of energy, matter and light'. On top of this, we have seen far distant galaxies go completely black then wink back into existance, something black got in the way. So these things you can't directly observe that seem to act like holes, sucking stuff in get called black holes. Funny thing about black holes, their black, funny thing about space, its black. Funny thing about looking at a black hole, all your gonna see is black. Would you prefer we call them God holes? God's vacuum cleaners perhaps? God keeps a tidy universe with a Hoover! Someone call the marketing boys over at Hoover! lol

9. knolyourself profile image60

logical unfallacy is proof. No proof no logical consistency, but speculation is fun. Eternal or at least infinite existence.

unfallacy? What do you mean by that?

Stating that A doesn't exist because A hasn't been proven is a logical fallacy.

Think about it. To say something doesn't exist means you know better than any potential discoveries human-kind could ever have.

10. knolyourself profile image60

[               ] Nothing between the brackets means
    something could be between the brackets. I can say
    I know better than any potential discoveries human-kind could ever have - meaning there is nothing there. Prove that there is then I am wrong.

I looked in between the brackets and saw about 500 white pixels.

The hex code for space, I believe, is 20... there are several of those in the coding that make those spaces appear.

So... you're wrong. You can't say you know what isn't, unless you are also saying you know everything that is.

11. knolyourself profile image60

"I looked in between the brackets and saw about 500 white pixels." So you created something from nothing. Anybody can say anything. The proof is in the pudding. Proof is the difference between fantasy and agreement.

examine your screen with a microscope, you will see them too.

I didn't create the pixels. You said nothing was between the brackets, but there is. You're just not looking close enough.

12. mikelong profile image59
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

Did you notice how I did not target your "religion"...

I mentioned those who are imperialistic...I did not say they all were..

13. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Hi Deborah Sexton! How are you?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)