Old vs. New- Batman

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Okay, I'm sure everyone has their favorite iteration of this character.  Some prefer the campy style of Adam West's version, while others tend to appreciate Tim Burton's gothic comic book style yet dark film on Batman.  And yes, I have met people that honestly liked the Schumacher versions.  Of course, let's not forget that we also have the current one with Christan Bale and Nolan handling the character now.  In your opinion, which version of batman was the best?  Please be as detailed as possible thanks. smile

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Old. But I am not really a Batman fan. The new version has more graphics in it and has been re-written a little better. smile

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've liked all of the Batmans (Batmen?) to one extent or another. I grew up watching the Adam West version so it's still near and dear to my heart to this very day (I've been lucky enough to meet Mr. West twice and he is a very cool guy).

I had my doubts about Michael Keaton when he first was announced for the role but Burton's films won me over.

I even thought that Val Kilmer and George Clooney each had their strong moments in the Schumacher films. The problem was that the movies themselves pretty much sucked.

I've enjoyed the Christian Bale films too, looking forward to the new one coming this summer!

...so I guess I'm just a fanboy.

3. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Let's also not forget the video game batman from the Arkham Asylum and Arkham city games who is basically just a spin-off of the cartoon character batman from Batman the Animated Series (which I grew up with as a kid). Personally I feel that Kevin Conroy (the actor from those games and the animated series) does the best Batman, though he's just a voice actor I think he's definitely my favorite incarnation of the Dark Knight. Nolan's Batman films are good but I'm not a huge Bale fan, his growlie voice does get annoying rather quickly.

2. MickeySr profile image78
    MickeySrposted 12 years ago

For me, the best Batman ever was Carmine Infantino's Batman ~

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6023144_f248.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6023145_f248.jpg

3. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

I don't know about others but Joker's character in dark knight was epic.

4. tschaunerb profile image61
    tschaunerbposted 12 years ago

Apparently, new batman is more true to the "original" batman, pre world war II Batman was written like a pulp fiction comic, it was produced for an "adult" audience and was free from many of the campy elements of the 1960's batman.

It was only after WWII when DC started producing batman comics with more of an "upbeat" editorial style- The story of batman was re-worked to appeal to a majority audience and contained "light" content.

I have read that Christopher Nolan, wanted to return the Dark knight to his original root.

I like most reincarnations of batman, I find great enjoyment in the Adam West era Batman, I even take great joy in the George Clooney Batman. Nolan's Dark Knight Batman is cool to, its something different and unique.

5. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 12 years ago

The new Batman is my favorite, for the story, and for the symbolism of the bat. Watching the movie it can seem a little over the top, but if you imagine yourself in the shoes of one of the baddies, screaming 'Where are you!?!?' and you just hear

"Right here!"

New batman is terrifying to the baddies, I love that.

6. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

I liked the Christopher Nolan Batman at first...but now it seems like thats just so far off the Batman in comics.
    I mean the rubber battle armor (Okay...to be fair the rubber body armor goes back to Burton) and the ugly as hell Batmobile?
    Sorry....Tumbler.
    My favorite version of the character so far is the one in the independently produced "Batman: City of Scars".
    I would LOVE to see Aaron Schoenke get a nod from a huge studio and do this version with millions in backing.
    You can watch it on YouTube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nCcdec8WdM

It's well worth the 30 minutes.

7. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 12 years ago

The new Batman is the better one, although Christian Bales voice as Batman gets on my tits!

1. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

8. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

I like the new dark batman it shows a realistic side to a super hero we dont always see! Keatons batman will always be classic because he was comic and goofy, the 2 versions are night and day.

9. profile image0
    Ghostwolfeposted 12 years ago

Keaton is the original batman for me as he gave the character that feel of what Batman was all about. Though the new Batman though offers a lot more of what a vigilante would be like and it opens the doors for the character to evolve into something more. With the new batman movies you see a character that went from being a guardian of the city to personal conflict over the two sides of Bruce Wayne to a character that is hunted for crimes that he didn't commit. The Batman is an evolving character and with that he has grown into a character that fans feel sorry for and also that they enjoy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)