What is the question?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

To be or not to be; that is the question?????  Who said that?

To be an Evangelist or not to be an evangelist, that is the question!

It is written that The Lord God  said that he gives Faith to those that he chooses! And he doesn't to those that he chooses not to.

SSOOoooooo !  If God wanted everyone to have faith in him, ?  would he not give Faith to everyone?????

SSOoooooo  I have come to believe that "The Good News" which the apostles were instructed to spread, had little if anything to do with spreading of  "The Faith".
       We can not give someone else faith in God; cause God already said that he will do that.!
       If God doesn't want someone to have faith, there is nothing that we can do to make them get it.

SSOOoooo the "Good News" just might have been about something else.

I wonder what it was. ??  The bible doesn't say.  I think that part was left out!   ....  or was it?
       I think that the good news is hidden in plain sight. 

Not only is it in plain sight; ...  but,  it is highlighted in RED letters.

But we get so caught up in explaining Aaa  Billion nitpicky unimportant details that we become color blind. 

Isn't there a verse where Jesus talks about the color blind leading the color blind?

If not? ...  there should have.

God gives me enough wisdom to understand those things which I understand.
    Unfortunately; he doesn't give me enough wisdom to explain it to someone who doesn't understand.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hamlet, of course, though I don't think he referred to evangelism...

As long as you try to make sense out of the biblical texts you will forever remain confused and wondering or you will decide to make up whatever pleases you for a meaning.

Sounds like you have decided that not everyone possesses the capability to have faith - does it please you to make that decision?  If not, make another interpretation.

Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Howdy ...wilderness  ..   well? ..  I see a lot of truth in biblical texts,
        though I don't see it well enough to show it to Ya.

2. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hamlet, but you knew that smile

Here in Qatar, and it is the same in UAE, proselytising is illegal. There have been prosecutions of visiting evangelical Christians but also of local evangelical Muslims. The State, though Islamic, believes that people should respect others' beliefs and not try to change them. (The call to prayer from the mosques, though often very loud, is not considered proselytising because it is Muslim to Muslim).

3. pedrog profile image59
      pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you feel somehow special with your line of thought?

NO!   but I'm good with it.

4. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe Jesus said that some pots were made for beauty, others for everyday use, and others for ignoble use. Paul said that God raised up Pharaoh for the very purpose of getting israel out of Egypt. God repeatedly hardeded pharaoh's heart when pharaoh himself wanted to let Israel go. So seems to me we have an established principle that there are those who don't have faith through no fault of their own.

If someone doesn't believe because they have not heard a satisfactory convincingly brilliant argument with supporting evidence, who is at fault? The evangelist or the hearer?

If someone doesn't believe because they have not heard a satisfactory convincingly brilliant argument with supporting evidence, who is at fault? The evangelist or the hearer?

If this person doesn't have a receptive mind , ...  it is no ones fault,
        it's just the way that it is.

I think that if there wasn't conflicting forces, everything will stop moving.

5. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, believers are "special" lol

Finally ....   you said something that I agree with.

We are special; and you are too.  As you well know.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

In other words, everyone is special and no one is special.

I think that you might be onto something with that thought;  something very special.

Uh, it's called logic and it isn't special at all. Ignored by believers, but certainly not special.

Don't Ya think that just about everyone is ignoring something.

Some of us ignore more than others.

Can't any of us pay attention to everything.  We get dizzy and pass out, cause none of us were designed to understand that many things.

Speak for yourself.

If my statement doesn't include YOU ?....  I guess that you think that you are an exception?  that You can handle knowing everything?

I'm not surprised

2. Jerami profile image59

And good day to you Paraglider;

I once was blind, then someone lit a candle and now I see a little better.

3. dmop profile image80
    dmopposted 12 years ago

I have always paid close attention to the words in Red, I'm glad I'm not color blind that would make it much more difficult. You could likely take away all the other words and the Bible would be just as profound.

Actually If these were all that we knew?  that would be a really good thing.

4. Jerami profile image59

I change my mind.  ...   After we have emprinted these words of red in the concrete of our mind ...  we then might want to do the same thing whenever an angel is said to have spoken.   
       If we can understand these in such a way as to be in agreement ... that would be even better.

We would find ourself believing a lot of things differently than we do.

5. Jerami profile image59

But then ....   cause of how we choose to interpret the teachings of the disciples ...  we get confused and say that God has created a mystery.

We pretend it is all suposed to be just like a Jig Saw Puzzle;

6. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I enjoy your posts jerami. Probably, because when I understand what you were getting at; I tend to agree.

I don't think the good news was hidden. I always assumed that the good news was meant to be that God is real, God is one and he loves the whole world. He loved the world before the world knew him. I would assume that if that were fact at that moment over two thousand years ago it would still be true today.

So, that would mean you are right. All thoughts and all beliefs would serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things. The trick then is determining what that grand scheme might be and how the incessant infighting is working at odds with it.

Emile R; ... Back Atcha ...  I enjoy reading your post also.  They often nudge my thought process just a little further outside the boundaries from which they were contained.

And that is a good thing!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)