Why do Christians feel the need to tell us about their religious beliefs?

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (71 posts)
  1. maddot profile image65
    maddotposted 12 years ago

Why do Christians feel the need to tell us about their religious beliefs?

I don't have a problem with Christianity or any religion for that matter, but I view religion/spirituality as a personal and privvate matter and feel that it's best kept that way unless one is specifically asked to expand on their religious beliefs. 
    It  feel that those who spruik their religion are showing very little respect for the beliefs of others. Everyone believes their way is the best way - but what I believe they are saying is it is "the best way for them".
    I think that actions speak louder than words and I'm more interested in the inspiring deeds of people than words.

2. Philanthropy2012 profile image83
    Philanthropy2012posted 12 years ago

Once you've committed yourself so heavily as some people do, I guess you need to reassure yourself that you haven't wasted your time reading the Bible and following the practices.

Actions speak louder than words, you're right, but since Christians have no way of proving that their religion is the best one, the best option left is to shout at it at people until they believe!

Just my opinion smile

1. profile image53
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Then u don't know Bible!  No person can make another "believe" (Jn 6:44)! Our job is to "TEACH" (tell) as n Matt 28:20!

3. Ramsa1 profile image63
    Ramsa1posted 12 years ago

Christians think that they are right and everyone else is wrong. So do the Muslims. The Hindus and the Buddhists don't try to convert anyone. That's the civilized way to do things when it comes to religion.

1. profile image53

Jesus did not say be "civilized" as "Millennium Christians" do, but "TEACH" (Matt 28:20; I Pet 3:15;II Tim 4:2+)! Didn't JESUS "rock the boat?" Had HE not, no fulfillment of law!  How soon we forget JESUS to APPEASE world!

4. whonunuwho profile image55
    whonunuwhoposted 12 years ago

As a Christian, we are taught that we are disciples of Christ in our following of Him and His ways. We are his followers and in His footsteps it is up to each of us to not only live as Christ wants us to live, but to also spread the good word of His sacrifice and the purification of our sins as we do follow and believe in Him. I suppose Christians, Muslims,Hindus,  and Buddhists, as well as many other religious sects, feel the need to express their beliefs and I'm sure that each does, at every given opportunity. If each of us does not take pride in our faith, then I believe that we are letting down in our responsibilities as followers of our chosen faiths. I also believe that some religions are too zealous and even aggressive in their beliefs and attack others unfairly and show a great lack of respect for all of us who are brothers and sisters in our lives on this earth. To me, a faith that does this is not only misrepresenting itself, but becomes self-destructive in the process. I also believe that each person has an individual right to choose the faith, or no faith at all, and it is up to each one in making this important choice that will be a part of our lives on this earth as long as we are alive. Amen to my friends everywhere, and may God, Allah, and every faith be a blessing to us all.

1. profile image53

"I believe that we are letting down in our responsibilities as followers.." Of Jesus (Jn 21:15-17)!  If one doesn't=NO LOVE FOR JESUS! What "other faiths?" (Gal 1:6-9) GOD told u "not to bless them" (unbelievers) (2 Jn 1:10)

2. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

2 Peter 2:5
      5 And he did not refrain from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a (preacher of righteousness), safe with seven others when he brought a flood upon a world of ungodly people.
      The Heavenly Father does not change.
      Again he warn

3. profile image53
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Gal 1:6-9 "If ANY MAN preach ANY OTHER GOSPEL...they are "ACCURSED!"
      Gal 2:21 "I do not frustrate the GRACE of GOD: for if righteousness come by the law, then CHRIST IS DEAD IN VAIN." 
      Do you?

Again HE warns!

5. donnaisabella profile image74
    donnaisabellaposted 12 years ago

And I believe by posting this question you are not telling us anything about yourself or your philosophy of religion or thinking? I do not participate in the religious forums anymore because religion is a hot button and one need only discuss it with level headed people with whom you can see eye to eye. If one is not interested, a courteous 'no thanks' should be enough. Everybody touts what they have if they think it is benefiting them, what is all the marketing and advertising about? Why do you write hubs and share the information you have? Your hubs are not the best or only ones so why should you want other people to read them anyway? Why not just write and keep them in your drawers? You write for people and hope that you can help, entertain or inform them. What is wrong with Christians sharing doing the same? It is called freedom of speech and/or expression, no one should be muzzled. This is a free country, I cannot believe that anybody should be telling anyone to shut up!

1. profile image53

Go Dona! If a Disciple of Christ, one blvs HIS WORD which commanded us to "TEACH" (Matt 28:20)! Those who call themselves "Christians" & do not have NO LOVE FOR JESUS! (Jn 21:15-17)  They'd rather "appease men" by appearing "religiously correct!"

2. profile image0
      roobposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Amen sister lol!(:

6. maddot profile image65
    maddotposted 12 years ago

donnaisabella..thanks for your comments and point taken.
    As i said "actions speak louder than words" eg Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King, Mary McKillop, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela....great deeds and consequently I'm all ears to what they have to say.
    I often have people of two demonations knocking at my door in an effort to win me over to their way of thinking on Christianity....and yes i listen and say no thank you. But i feel a little confused that they presume that i do not have spiritual beliefs that serve me well. I would feel very uncomfortable knocking on strangers' doors singing the praises of my religious beliefs
    My question on the need/desire to spruik religious beliefs is based on curiosity.

1. profile image53

"I would feel very uncomfortable knocking on strangers' doors singing the praises of my religious beliefs." What do u do, "hide ur light under a bushel?" (Matt 5:15)

2. profile image0
      roobposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You don't think those people preached as well? They backed up their words with their actions.

3. profile image53

It's OK to "teach," but one better teach according to "rightly divided Word" (II Tim 2:15) & preach "The Gospel of Christ" (Jer 23:1)  or Gal 1:6-9="ACCURSED!"
      IT IS WRITTEN!

7. Kebennett1 profile image61
    Kebennett1posted 12 years ago

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." Mark 6:15
    As Christians, first of all we are instructed to SHARE the Gospel of Jesus Christ with other people. Second to that people share their beliefs with others all the time. It is when they become "pushy" that a problem enters the picture. When you SHARE something it is an act of kindness, not something that makes the other person feel negative or bad in some way.  Finally, when something means a lot to you and you are interested in it, then it becomes something you want to share with others. I do agree with you that actions speak louder than words and that is why Christians should Walk the Walk and not just Talk the Talk!

1. profile image53

"...not something that makes the other person feel negative or bad in some way."  Did u read Heb 4:12 ("cuts")!  I Tim 5:20 ("rebuke sin")! Scripture says TELL TRUTH (HIS WORD) & if IT "makes one feel bad," IT's done IT's job! They're thinking!

2. profile image54
      peter565posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Be interesting to see what a religious nuts like N.W. would say about this post I wrote http://abandonyahweh.blogspot.com/2017/ … cifer.html

8. Moms-Secret profile image76
    Moms-Secretposted 12 years ago

Everything in life has its share of extreme behavior.  Unfortunately, the extreme creates a stereo type for the lot of them.  This is true for any subject from race to politics, bad parenting to young adult behavior.  Religion will be no different.  People are quick to judge what 'religious behavior' should be and what our duties are as Christian.  I can't speak for the masses, but I should hope that my nature and my deeds speak more clearly than any mere words. 

Some may not scream drugs, hatred, and pain out at the top of their lungs, but we can see it in them.  Some religions mandate certain behavior.  I know of many that I do not agree with but I would not waste time in judging a behavior that people don't respond to.  While it is creating a negative stereotype with those that they are trying to attract, it is not really doing any harm.

I open the door sometimes.  Most times I don't.  I like to prepare myself and go to church.  I do not prefer to be standing at the door in my jammies.  I do not like surprise visits.  I honestly feel that by doing a service, filling a need, or just attracting others by your actions you reach a lot more people than delivering those pamphlets.

To answer your question...they may not use the best methods, but their intentions are good.  They are excited about their news and want to share it.  That is to be expected.

1. profile image53

"Some religions mandate certain behavior." What does JESUS (HIS WORD) mandate?  Other "opinions" are irrelevant!

9. Trevor Davis profile image56
    Trevor Davisposted 12 years ago

Some are taught that their way is the only way and by a sense of their own good morality they want to help others  by taking this real path to secure ones soul and immortality. I'm not a christian myself but to those that try to make me one thats the concept i've come to understand about alot of the christian people. Some people manipulate religion. But some actually try to use it for the better good. And that requires awareness of their ideas in hopes of furthering their cause. What methods are used however can be just outright rude and obnoxious to others and some christians don't understand how they convey it can be confused between lack of respect for others beliefs or sincerity for ones well being.

1. profile image53

Yes, & most perceive as "lack of respect for others beliefs" (Millennium Christians) or unbelievers of what's WRITTEN in His WORD (Matt 28:20=TEACH; I Pet 3:15=ANSWER; II Tim 4:2=ALL THE TIME!!

10. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 12 years ago

Because as Christians we are commanded to share the gospel. We also feel compassion for the unsaved and want to save them from hell. True Christians are not religious as most think of religion, but rather committed to Christ and followers of Christ. Our faith is more than a personal preference. Our "religion" is not merely a personal choice, like something we would select from a cafeteria style list of options. It is not something we compartmentalize and limit to a certain day and hour of the week. A big part of the Christian faith is sharing. Jesus told his followers to go out into the world and share the gospel and that's what we do, and why we do it. He also told us that if we deny Him, He will deny us. We love Jesus because He first loved us and so we share.

1. profile image53

Yes, "If you love me, feed my sheep." (JESUS) (Jn 21:15-17)

11. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years ago

With any religion, the people who practice that faith are often encouraged to let others know about it, to spread the news. The reason for it being that not everyone has made the decision to be a believer or not. You can't truly make a decision unless you know it. While I get your point about some taking it overboard, it simply cannot be helped. They are proud of their beliefs and rightly so. Why should they hide their religious beliefs?

Some will use religion as a crutch to get through the bad times and to celebrate the good. They need to rely on something to get by, and if they find peace and solace through speaking about their religion, then who are we to judge? All anyone has to do is explain that they have their own personal beliefs and would prefer it if they did not speak about theirs as often when you are around. Normally if you explain that you do not want to hear about it, people will try not to talk about it around you.

1. profile image53

Amen Phoebe! I have told authors of questions to indicate "NO BIBLE," then I'll KNOW Scripture isn't welcome & move on! Jesus told us to "TEACH," but the world has made "Millennium Christians" blv they r to be quiet, for "It's a personal thing!"

12. Juliek958 profile image62
    Juliek958posted 12 years ago

My answer is much simpler...to share Joy and Peace.  I found mine with God and His Word.  When I see people struggling, I try to help with what works for me.  I believe.  I don't have any ulterior motive and I mean no harm.

1. profile image53

He (Holy Spirit aka JESUS) tells ALL what to do. Jn 21:15-17 tells us to FEED HIS SHEEP, IF WE "LOVE" HIM {paraphrasing}! So why don't so called "Christians" do that? Intrusion in lives, disrespect, or lack of knowledge of Bible?

13. Lenzy profile image59
    Lenzyposted 12 years ago

As a Christian or follower of Christ, I believe that I need to follow the teachings of Christ. He commanded us to go into the world and share His Gospel. In a few words, that Gospel is that man's sinfulness caused a separation between himself and God.  We have no way to make that separation disappear on our own and that it would cause our eternal separation from God. God loved us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to pay the price for our sins. Since Jesus was sinless, He was the only one who could pay that penalty. Jesus claims to be the only way to provide a restored relationship with God (John 14:6).  If you believe these teachings, you are compelled by command and love to share this good news with others. God provided a way to spend eternity with Him, not based on our merit or anything we do.  We can have a relationship with the God of the Universe and know Him personally. That is good news or "Gospel" and I will share it as an integral part of who I am. It isn't necessary to force good news down someone's throat. The Holy Spirit prepares the heart of the one who will listen.

1. profile image53

"TEACH" (Matt 28:20! "In season & out of season" (II Tim 4:2) Because "IF YOU LOVE ME, FEED MY SHEEP!" (Jn 21:15-17)

14. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

We Christians defend our beliefs if and when they are challenged and we do so with great love for God and all that God provides and does.

It is a defence of Our God feeling that someone is attacking God.

1. profile image53

True!  But Scripture says, "...IF YOU LOVE ME, FEED MY SHEEP.." (Jn21:15-17)!  So "Teach" (Matt 28:20) & show LOVE!

15. YvetteParker profile image60
    YvetteParkerposted 12 years ago

Christians are commissioned by Jesus to spread the good news of repentance  and redemption. Therefore when Jesus returns, no one can say they have not heard or were not told about Him. It is God's desire that none of us perish. Out of love and obedience do we as Christians share our faith with others.

1. profile image53

Yes Y! Jn 21:15-17 asks us to "Feed His sheep," & if we don't "We DON'T LOVE HIM!

16. Brandon Spaulding profile image57
    Brandon Spauldingposted 12 years ago

People who are born again Christians have their eyes opened up to the reality of the spiritual life. While there are many reasons Christians feel the need to share the good news, the number one reason is we are commanded to share our faith in the Bible. The Bible also says soul winning is the beginning of all wisdom.

1. profile image53

Amen Bran!

17. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 12 years ago

Because they are being taught that is ti part of they religions practice to tell others about what they have learned! I have been there and sometimes people are forced to repeat that speech they are taught.I agree with you so much. One day I heard myself giving the push to a friend and realized I had been brainwashed and I was very unhappy and lonely in this practice. I took a step back and realized how much I love myself, my life, my family and my friends when I don't see them through the judgement of religion. I know what is right and what is wrong and I just want to be Love and Peace, fair and good, do good deeds and move on.
    The rest is like an illusion that will take all the time I am supposed to use to experience as a being and grow and live.
    There is that light in religion that is only matched by the darkness it creates as a negative when it comes to anybody and anything that does not follow it!

1. profile image53

Move from GOD to self, you move to "eternal death!"  "Move on" where? This is a "Spiritual" journey, and 1's spirit "moves on" where "his heart" lived (loved) while living! Where's yours-family? Can't save u!

18. Dian'swords4u profile image60
    Dian'swords4uposted 12 years ago

It is not our religious beliefs that we are sharing with you, it is a relationship with Jesus Christ.  We are merely sharing about our faith.  When you are saved there is a change in your life that you cannot explain and all you really want to do is to share this with everyone you see. It brings a pure joy into your life and a peace that you cannot explain.  Jesus Christ died on the cross for all our sins and when we ask Jesus into our hearts we are commanded by God through the teachings of the Bible to "Go and Tell the world about our relationaship, not our religion."  If you look in Matthew 28:19-20 you will see this command.  Without this relationship in Jesus Christ when you die you will not go to heaven.  You will go to hell. I personally do not want to see anyone go to hell.  I know that sometimes people can seem a bit pushy with this, but this is of the utmost importance to you and to them to have this relationship with Jesus Christ.  God loves you so much and wants you to be with him when you die that he gave His only son to die on the cross for our sins so that we may have salvation or eternal life in heaven.  Jesus loved you so much that he died willingly for you.,  Jesus was the only person on this earth that never committed a sin and this is why he was the one to die for our sins.  He came to this earth to be our example of how we are to live our lives and to die for our sins.  John 3:16 shares this with you.  I'm not trying to cram this down your throat, but it is because I care about you so much that I explained to you about this relationship that each of us needs in our lives. It is the purest form of love that has ever been given or will be given to each of us.  We only need to ask Jesus into our hearts and lives to receive it.  May God Bless You and I hope this helps you to understand this most wonderful relationship.

1. maddot profile image65
      maddotposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope you understand that people all over the world have meaningful spiritual relationships that are just as important to them as Jesus is to you.  You find solace in Christianity, I find it elsewhere. Respect.

2. profile image53

Dian: I find, "Millennium Christians" don't blv in doing what's WRITTEN in His WORD. For peace's sake, they don't rebuke, judge sin, answer if "confrontational" but quiet. WHY, when against Scripture?  If we don't "suffer," we're not like Christ!

19. cloverleaffarm profile image69
    cloverleaffarmposted 12 years ago

No where in the bible does it say to be obnoxious. You didn't see Jesus going around spouting "Hey, I'm the Son of God" to everyone. You can be a Christian without "preaching the good news to all creation". All creation does not want to hear it. Share it with someone who is interested.
    Actions do speak louder than words, and I have seen so called "Christians" beat their kids with their fist, cheat on their wives with another church member and justify it all.
    Mankind would get along better if they just chose to accept the fact that no religion is the right religion. We all pray, just in different ways. The world would be better off if people would just follow the "Great Commandment".

1. profile image53

"You can be a Christian without "preaching the good news to all creation". BIBLE doesn't say this & if this is what u do, not a "Christian" or follower of Christ (Disciple)! What is your definition of "Christian?" Where did u get it?

20. Freeway Flyer profile image84
    Freeway Flyerposted 11 years ago

I'm with you, but I also understand why Christians feel the need to evangelize. Sharing one's faith is an integral part of the belief system, so expecting Christians to not evangelize is like expecting them to not be Christian. So I have learned over the years to just nod respectfully and try to remember the positive qualities that many Christians have. And I also try to remember that there are plenty of people out there of many political and religious ideologies who are also eager to push their ideas on others. It seems to be part of human nature. (I'm just relieved that I don't feel personally responsible for helping to save others from eternal torment. From my past experience as a former evangelical, I know that it can be kind of stressful.)

1. profile image53

Not stressful!  U share & move on!

21. junko profile image70
    junkoposted 11 years ago

I'am also interested in inspiring deeds of people as much as inspiring words of people. I learn through my ears much more than I've seen. I've always heared that man was made in the image of the Creator. After all I heard for many years I came to an understanding about the Creator making man in his own image. The image is not physical, it's spiritual. These days I don't look up or out for God I look within myself. There I found me, God, and the devil. The God in me tells me what is right, the devil in me has other ideas, the choice is mine. Most of the wrong I did and do, I knew and know better. I believe a man can do so much wrong that he wouldn't die and go to hell his hell could be on earth. He would wish to die but death will hide. All religions are based on rightiousness and everybody knows right from wrong, if not you are forgiven.

1. profile image53

"These days I don't look up or out for God I look within myself." NOPE! You're looking in the WRONG place!  Studying & meditating on HIS WORD is "finding GOD!" Studying, praying & asking him for "revelation" of His Word is communication w/HIM

22. Raitu Disong profile image60
    Raitu Disongposted 11 years ago

Because it is the command of their master Jesus!
    It is a good news, so Christians want to share with the people..

But there is freedom to choose..
    whether to listen or not....Because it is a gift!
    Take the gift..
    or
    throw it away
    ..... It's your choice!
    Amen!

1. profile image53

Amen!

23. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8314743_f260.jpg

The more conservative, dogmatic, traditional,  & fundamentalist religionists  (not only Christians) contend that their religion is the only legitimate one & people who do not believe as they do are in......error, even lost.  They contend that they are trying to steer others on what they believe to be the right path.  They even cite religious authorities, even God, asserting that they are to teach others THEIR PARTICULAR WORD.

1. profile image53

Who's Word?  If in Scripture - God's Word!

24. profile image0
    Hxprofposted 8 years ago

Good question.  While Christians are commanded by Christ to share his gospel, what is often overlooked by many of us (Christians) is that the original disciples waited until they'd been released for ministry (after the Day of Pentecost) before preaching.  This was to ensure that they had a mostly Christ-like character built into their lives so that not only would the gospel be heard, but Christ would be clearly seen in their lives.  For the Christian, it is wise to wait until we've been released for ministry to preach.  Until that time, if someone asks us about our faith we can share, but if not, it's best to wait.

1. profile image53

Amen! Must be filled with the Holy Spirit BEFORE or Jer 23:1! "WOE.."

25. profile image53
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

"...I view religion/spirituality as a personal and privvate matter..." Not according to Scripture!  I Peter 3:15 says "...be ready ALWAYS to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you..." and that is precisely what we (Disciples of Christ) do when responding to questions on HubPages!

I agree with the majority of responses given, we have been commissioned by Jesus Christ Himself to "teach" His Word!  In addition, it is my desire that "none" is lost and therefore I must tell (from Scripture) everyone how "religion" has misled ALL too long and God is getting tired!

God knows that He said in Jeremiah 31:33 and Hebrews 8:10;10:16 that under the "New Covenant" (where we currently live), He would "put His laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts" which is "precisely" what He did and continues to do!  His Promise of the Comforter (Holy Spirit) in John 14:26 and 16:13 enabled Him to do this!  On the Day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came as "a mighty rushing wind" (Acts 2:2) and began doing what was promised in Jeremiah and Hebrews!  No one believes GOD? 

Well, if Jesus began "putting his laws in their mind, and writing them in their hearts" as promised in Jeremiah and Hebrews, why do ALL think that it wasn't JESUS speaking through Paul?  Don't your believe Scripture?  Why do ALL think PAUL was only a "man" when Jesus told Ananias (Acts 9:15) "...he is a chosen VESSEL unto me...?"   IT'S IN RED!!!!   Well, if a "chosen vessel" unto Jesus, who are we to deny God's Words?  Paul was not a "typical" man, but JESUS' vessel!  If used by JESUS, Words spoken were from JESUS!  This doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to understand if one "Rightly Divides" His Word (II Timothy 2:15)!

What MUST be told is TRUTH!  Religion has misled believers too long!  It is time ALL "STUDY" for "THEMSELVES" to "See if these things are so (Acts 17:11) rather than continuing in their "teachings" or "preconceived ideas" from "man!" 

A Disciple of Christ (Christians as MOST call themselves) should "ALWAYS GROW" and not remain complacent!  II Corinthians 3:18 says "But we ALL,...are CHANGED into the SAME IMAGE from GLORY to GLORY, even as by the "Spirit" of the Lord."  Are you doing this - "changing" or remaining "complacent?"   

Thanks for allowing me to share the "Good News" of the Spiritual Walk that we now incur thanks be to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

26. profile image52
    victorydesignsposted 8 years ago

Follow (20)Why do Christians feel the need to tell us about their religious beliefs?

ALWAYS doing  WAR in so many  countries. . in the name of god u can united with each other WITHOUT WAR.

SO Christians feel the need to tell us about their religious beliefs

1. profile image53

NOPE! We believe Bible & IT says "TEACH" (Matt 28:20)!

27. johnceccon profile image59
    johncecconposted 8 years ago

I'm a devout Christian, but like you, I keep it personal and private. If you ask me something that involves Christianity, I'm more that willing to answer the question or discussion. Other than that, I keep it to myself. Most of the people I work with have no Idea that I'm a Christian that teaches a Bible study and plays in a Christian rock band. Most Christians in this country also keep to themselves, and you don't hear from them, because........well, it kinda-sorta comes with the territory of keeping to oneself. Unfortunately, there are also more than a few pain-in-the-ass Christians in this country that are giving the rest of us a bad name. I understand the frustration people have with Christians putting their religious beliefs in other people's faces.

The good news is that we are not cutting peoples heads off if they don't believe. We don't issue convert or die ultimatum's. And, we definitely abso-friggin-lootly don't blow ourselves up for our religious beliefs. If you belong to a religion that blows themselves up, or cuts peoples heads off for any reason - they take first place in the "tell us about your religion" category. You wanna talk about a need to tell others about religious beliefs? Nope, nobody wants to talk about that.

1. profile image53

Then YOU don't do as you were TOLD to do (Matt 28:20; I Peter 3:15+) so apparently you don't believe Bible & therefore one of those "So Called Christians!" Find ONE place JESUS said "Keep your belief quiet?" If u can't what r u?

2. johnceccon profile image59
      johncecconposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Norine, you must have missed the part about the Bible study I teach, (currently doing Revelation) and the worship band I play in. We play to at least 1500 people each Sunday leading them to praise Him through music. I'm covered.

3. profile image53

JC: Music doesn't "cover!" Only HIS WORD! Did JESUS say "teach" ONLY @ "Bible Study" for there's a time & place for everything or II Tim 4:2 "Preach the word; be prepared "IN SEASON & OUT OF SEASON" or @ ALL times!   

If NOT in Word, NOT TRU

4. johnceccon profile image59
      johncecconposted 8 years agoin reply to this

God loves music. Psalm 150

5. profile image53

JC: I Know! But He loves for us to show our LOVE for Him by "TEACHING!" Remember Jn 21:15-17?  "...IF YOU LOVE ME, FEED MY SHEEP."  "In season & out of season" (rt place or wrong place="PREACH/TEACH!") 2 Tim 4:2. Why do "Christians" remain quiet?

28. profile image0
    roobposted 8 years ago

Why do atheists talk about their disbelief? Usually humans tend to share what they belief...

1. profile image53

But can they "prove" their belief with the WORD OF GOD?  Anything else, "irrevelent!"

29. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Have you sat through interfaith conferences and multi-cultural discussions where in the name of diversity Muslims talk about their faith and kids are taken to mosques, but no Muslim children learn about Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism nor visit other faiths' facilities?

30. profile image53
    frumpletonposted 7 years ago

They talk about their religion because in their hearts, they think they are helping you.  I know -- it can be taxing at times, but just remember that they are doing so out of the kindness of their hearts.  A "doubting Thomas" is sure to get some religious advice.  Don't belittle their view point, tolerate their well-meaning advice and just say, "I respect your opinion but it isn't mine."

1. profile image53

It will be in eternity!  See what "respect" gets then!

31. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 7 years ago

I am a follower of King Jesus who rules in heaven at present.
    Your question is important based on this information.
    Mt 22:37 He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’
    Mt 22:39 The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’

In order to follow this command we must learn to love our neighbors but not just in one way , but in a spiritual way, because the spiritual way will give you eternal life.

This is a gift from our Heavenly Father through his Son for the purpose of preserving human life. And if you die you can return in the future.

Eze 3:18 When I say to someone wicked, ‘You will surely die,’ but you do not warn him, and you fail to speak in order to warn the wicked one to turn from his wicked course so that he may stay alive, he will die for his error because he is wicked, but I will ask his blood back from you.

Mt 24:14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

This is happening global as we speak .
    JW.ORG has been at work you are welcome to read about the many global who obey Jesus command in a Joyful way.
    We have good News of a New world under Jesus rulership. 2 Peter 3:13 !

1. profile image53

Where is "your" LOVE for GOD or man or you wouldn't disrespect HIM by deleting HIS WORD when not in agreement w/"your" belief? Lip Service (Matt15:8)!  JEHOVAH & I AM is SAME THING (Exd 3:15) GOD; whose name is JESUS (Phil2:10) under NEW COVENANT

32. profile image0
    Matty Fernandezposted 6 years ago

I do agree that actions{our testimony} speaks louder than our preaching. However, our faith encourages us to share it. The Gospel is the good news of salvation. When I do share it, it is not because I'm judging, it is simply because I genuinely care about that person and I want them to experience the joy I am experiencing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)