Wrong questions receive wrong answers, any other idea?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Jynzly profile image63
    Jynzlyposted 12 years ago

I had asked this question in the Question but I cannot comment there so I moved to the forum so that we will have a good chance for discussion and exchange of ideas.

2. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 12 years ago

More information, please. This makes no sense to me at all.

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree, don't understand what she means at all. More information please!

Jynzlyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cardisa,
        I asked this question because I noticed a lot of fallacious questions happening here in  Hubpages especially when they ask concerning religion and philosophy and walk of life....One question here stated to this effect..."If you are given the chance to create your own religion, what will it be?"
        By definition, the word religion is "to tie again" meaning "returning to spirituality" but in this question the one who asks mean religion as a church...he should ask like this "If you are given the chance to establish a church, what would it be?"

2. Jynzly profile image63

The Writers Dog,

This is a layman's question of what Logic calls a fallacy. Wrong questions are presumptuous or accusative;
      I give you a simple situation where a wrong question can happen; Mr. A asks Mr. B this question; "Why do you believe that the earth is square?" (In the first place Mr B does not believe that the earth is square.) So he may answer, I don't believe that the earth is square...but the question should be "Do you believe that the earth is square?" to get such an answer. Otherwise Mr B may answer "Because Magellan said it is square...so I believe it is square."
      In another point..."that the earth is square" is wrong...

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

I believe the OP may be referring to this question:

http://hubpages.com/question/157967/can … e-to-leave

Can I delete all my hubs in hubpages if I decide to leave?

I can sense that my account here is being compromised and I get no help. If I decide to leave this site, can I get back all my hubs and delete them from this site?

-------------

In a short answer, yes.

You own ALL content you publish to Hubpages. You can remove it at any time and do whatever you wish with it.

The only thing to consider is that if someone has copied your hub/s and then you repost your content elsewhere, your new content will appear as a duplicate to search engines, because the spam duplicates will in that case appear to be older.

You can also delete your account if you wish.

WryLilt,
      Thank you for such information. That is exactly what I wanted to know when I posted my question...It was not because I planned to leave...I enjoy Hubpages too much to do that...but I had noticed that some spammer copied some of my hubs...it literally happened to me in forum before...I had reported it though. He/she duplicated my answer to answer the question I originally responded.
      Thanks again.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you remove your hubs while that spam still exists, then there content will appear to be the original.

Leave the hub up and file a DMCA so they have to remove it.

WryLilt,
          What is a DMCA? Sorry to ask, I honestly don't know what that is.

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

Is there a red C on your hub indicating someone has copied it? If so, you can click the link in the black bar and HP has a link to send a DMCA complaint. You can send it to the site, or the host depending on how difficult they make it to take down. If it's on a rev share site the content usually gets removed pretty fast.

WryLilt,
              Thank you so much for the information.
              Sorry for the bother.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)