Does it get easier?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)
  1. jamiew12310 profile image70
    jamiew12310posted 11 years ago

I'm up to about 900 views. This has taken me 11 hubs, some more successful than others, and I've earned about $0.50. After the first thousand or so views, does it start getting easier to get the next thousand and so on?
    Maybe your hubs are higher up on google if you're already a more succesful hubber?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image80
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to tell you, but 11 hubs is not many hubs. I have over 40 now, and don't plan on making any decisions to stay or go until I've done about 75. I make sure they're all evergreen content, and I'm seeing some increases. Just when I felt my stats were stagnant, suddenly they shot up. It's happened over about 4 months, which I was told would be a reasonable timeline.  And I'm sure they'll vary up and down over time. Patience, patience, and learn as much about SEO, etc. as possible. I've learned a lot in the few months I've been writing here, and I still feel I know very little about it.

1. jamiew12310 profile image70
        jamiew12310posted 11 years agoin reply to this

How many views do you get per hub on average?

2. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

Yes, it gets easier for two reasons IF you stick at it.

1. The older your hubs get, generally the more views they get from search engines.
    2. The more hubs you write and see fail/thrive, the more you learn about what works, so you can get it right the first time.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Yes, stick with it, and publish regularly.  Hub views start increasing with both time and additional hubs.  Also, make certain you link your related hubs to each other. This will encourage people to click on another one of your hubs when they read one of them.

4. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 11 years ago

HubPages reports that it takes an average of three years for  Hub to "mature" in terms of audience reach and traffic.

Of course, once you get to that point there's still the issue of maintanence/freshness that you have to keep up with.  In short, it will never stop taking some sort of continual effort on your part.  The trick is to learn to be efficient so that it takes a small but focused amount of effort.

1. Danette Watt profile image84
      Danette Wattposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Learning to be efficient at this is the trick. Any tips?

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your best learning guides are your top performing Hubs.

5. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

And there's always the chance you might lose almost all of your traffic and earnings because of a Google update with you ending up back at square one again as some of us have experienced lately.  You can go from earnings hundreds, or even thousands, a month to almost nothing overnight.  Nothing is a certainty on any content site on the internet, and HP is no exception.  Expect nothing and hope for the best, is the best advice I can give you.smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

6. TheMagician profile image86
    TheMagicianposted 11 years ago

It does get easier, but it's important you stick to it.

I started here at HP in the summer of 2010 but left because I was easily discouraged after earning nothing after a month and a handful of articles. I came back in November of 2011 and decided to give it another try, really putting work in... by the end of the year I had 21 articles and was earning a few bucks a month. I decided to keep at it and here I am now in April with 57 articles. I'm not earning  a lot but I can definitely say it's 10 fold of what I WAS earning. I'm planning on publishing an article of my progress and earnings perhaps mid this year or at the end of it.

Over time, your articles should rise in page rank and it's normal to notice they'll earn a bit more than they did in the beginning. The best articles to go for are evergreen topics, which means articles that will stay useful (for example, articles about Skyrim might have been HUGE a few months ago, but the views on them now have mostly likely died down since it's not as hot of a topic).

Hope you decide to stick around and hone your skills... you might be pleasantly surprised smile

7. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I only rely on a hit per hub per day because I don't backlink or do aggressive SEO.  Some do a lot better.  Maybe 3-5 on average.  The thing is, you make the hub once, then it is basically free money--even if it isn't all that much per hub.

8. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

I have written over 200 Hubs in the 9 months I've been here.  I just received my first payout.  So what are you saying about things getting easier?

If you put all of your efforts on HubPages, you will be disappointed.  In case you haven't noticed, a lot of people obsess about every little thing when it comes to their online stats and their earnings.  Don't waste your time worrying.  Instead, put more effort into writing more Hubs and spreading your writing talent around.  Find other work that involves writing.  Freelance writing doesn't mean sticking to just one job.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

9. jamiew12310 profile image70
    jamiew12310posted 11 years ago

It does get easier.. when I posted this i was on about 900, less than 2 days later I'm up to more than double that. Hope it doubles again!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)