The eternal unanswered question

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Why do young beautiful woman go for the nasty, ugly, tattooed, prison-face bad men 20 years older than themselves? Is it a genetic answer or a mental one? Is it a 'challenge'.  Like meeting Frankenstein and if only with a little love he would no longer be misunderstood ....

And the reason I am genderizing this is because .... I'm sexist OK? I admit it......
    http://www.heatherrainier.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/hunk-tattoo16.jpg

Is it the bravado?
    The indifference? Women don't like needy men?
    The excitement and danger because they are mysteriously challenging?
    The illusion of control that a woman thinks she has over this wild man?

http://www.crabbygolightly.com/images/geico.jpg

OR is it simply genetic?
    Are Neanderthals  simply more sexier? That we are all still grunting animals looking for the best mate for future survival in our spawn?

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/ … n-immunity

"The older Neanderthals immune system  was hardier and it was an advantage to humans to gain this hardier immune system to descendants."

Beauty and the Beast, Give Geeks a Chance, No Accounting for Taste, Hot Consort.

Attractiveness Isolation, (Some people have told me that the most attractive girls are lonely because most guys don't approach them.)

Kavorka Man, (A man who has unusual animal magnetism).
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5cwcPKoKGkfVkp9TWX0Vi27Wi_ngzuYmRVfSJd7N_Zcg-rhlDmw

2. jennzie profile image72
    jennzieposted 11 years ago

I'm not one of those women. I find guys who are more clean cut and with little or no tattoos more appealing. I do prefer men who are a little older than myself (my boyfriend is 31, I'm 23), but that has to do with the fact that guys closer to my age range tend to be immature.

3. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

LOL, I love this question. I think I've had them all from the super rich dirty old man, to the clean cut babyface younger guy, with some smooth talking players, sensitive artistic types, and a few seriously psychotic nut jobs sprinkled in for good measure. The attraction is different for every one. It's all about the chemistry. If the chemistry isn't right, it doesn't matter why type he is.

4. neeta chauhan profile image61
    neeta chauhanposted 11 years ago

Hi there ,
    will try to answer the eternal unanswered question of yours , as we all know
    love is blind and it can lead even a Miss universe /miss world to the most
    unimpressive person you can think of and secondly women whether
    beautiful or not go for masculine matured and  older men
    because a man older to you no matter what age difference there is
    woman will feel well secured and protected when with him just
    as a chick is under its fathers wings.

5. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 11 years ago

Maybe it's because this kind of guy has nothing to loose and so has no problem with asking out women who are way out of his league.  The law of averages dictates that eventually he will come across a babe with low self image who is only to pleased to ooh and aah at his latest body art addition.

6. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Jennzie:
    I agree, older men are nicer.

Disturbia:
    Are you talking chemistry in a poetic sense or in a neurological sense?
    I knew guys were slaves to their dicks – but I think women are slaves to the 'love' chemicals  which  include the  corresponding brain chemicals of  oxytocin, dopamin, serotonin.  Maybe that's why the saying is “Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.” -

From: http://theness.com/neurologicablog/inde … the-brain/
    “Females are also attracted to signs of health and vigor, but also dominance and power." (Perhaps the bible was spot on with the insight of the curse of Eve: from Genesis 3:16 "Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.")

The web site also says that if male then just like Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows, you've got a thing for birthing hips!

"You must put those birthing hips to good use at once, lest your womb shrivel up and die."  - Barnabas Collins, ( Burton's Dark Shadows )

Neeta chauhan:
    Security and protection. - Yup! I remember telling my husband to fix a problem to go “down there and look ugly”, and I did mention that he was Vietnam Vet Special Forces.(hehehehehehe) – and it worked like a charm!

BTW: What does Patty Hearst and Princess of Monaco have in common? - They both married their bodyguards. The problem is that although they truly care and love you and protect you – would die for you – sometimes have to put up with the stifling  overprotection but can't really complain – that's  part of the attraction!

Kathryn LJ:
    LOL! Yup! like that joke where this guy gets slapped 9 out of 10 times when he walks up to woman and asks; “Wanna F*ck?” - but aahh – that 10th one!

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium/frank-farmer-and-rachel-marron-the-bodyguard-movie-carliss-mora.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)