How do you explain unanswered prayer?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 92 discussions (681 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Baileybearposted 13 years ago

eg the the people that didn't get healed when you prayed for them?  Not enough faith?  Hidden sin?  God doesn't care?  Answered prayers are really just luck anyway?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah, but if god answered every single prayer in the world, we would become too dependent on him and it would inhibit our growth as a species. i like to think god does answer prayers when he has to, but he would never get directly involved as it would be interfering with free will.

1. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not logical - any interference interferes with free will.

1. profile image56
          stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With the Xian deity construct there is no free will.  There isn't any with reality either.

2. profile image0
          swordofgideonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

some people have freedom and anarchy confused.

2. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly !!!

3. dutchman1951 profile image59
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You reduce God here to ATM Machine status!!!!!!

sometimes it is stocked with money and you get what you want?
        and if your the last Guy in line on the weekend, you dont???????

Stevennix, thats totaly ludicrist...... wow!

amazing religionistic facts!

4. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is important that we pray to show our dependence on God. Just remember every prayer is answered. Just sometimes the answer is no. God knows much better than we do what is the best for us.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By the way God isn't Santa Claus. He's not going to give us everything we want. Sometimes there are good reasons we go through hard times. They make us stronger, give us an opportunity to be a good witness to others, etc.

If someone passes away because they aren't healed they are going to heaven and be in a much better place. It's only those that are left that hurt when someone dies.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Watching tens of thousands of children starve to death every day makes you stronger? These are good reasons? smile

1. Jerami profile image58

It is SOoo sad that Death seems to be the only source of population control that works.

I was watching a program last night. Do you know how many millions of Roman citizens died during the Justinian plague in the 6Th century.

How many died during the bubonic plague in the 13 century?

Imagine if these people had not died?
                 If each of them had lived to have their quota of children.
                 If their children had lived to have theirs.

Through out the centuries population growth has remained consistent.

Is that Fair ?

This  IS  your answer whether you want to accept it or not.

You are always talking about the laws of physics!

This seems to be one!

Just as long as it's not your death.

It is very sad and cruel to justify the deaths of millions in order to support your belief system, Jerami. Very sad and very cruel, indeed.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Yes, your god knows best to not feed the starving but he must grant trips to Disneyland. It's all for the greater good of Christianity. smile

There are far too many examples that support the fact that prayers don't get answered. No matter what though, believers will insist their prayers get answered "at gods discretion" and no matter what will also insist that whatever prayers don't get answered is all mans fault.

Point in question: tens of thousands of starving Christians die every day, no matter how much they pray for a morsel of food. smile

1. profile image54
        elmina80posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you,i can never accept the,'you're standing in your own way theory' that philosophers and self-help guru's try to make us believe when things are not working out for us.since we cannot blame god or others,why dont we put the responsibility on ourselves.no one has the answers.

2. profile image0

man does not live by bread alone,but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the lord ,he may not give where in excess but he gives all you need,walk not in darkness come into the light while their is still time.the lord has said a truth,my spirit shall not always strive with man(most people these daze want something for  nothing god teaches if you don't work you don't eat) so also comes faith you work at it read the word believe it talk about it write the father's commandments on the strings of your heart,live it (at your best) daily,prayer never ceasing,become not a slave to mammon you can not serve two masters store up treasure in heaven not on earth ,for where your treasure is there your heart iz also.for things of the flesh remain flesh and of the spirit  they be of spirit ,the work i speak of be of spirit for nothing is to be gained by the flesh. look at the starz at nite open your mind to the mind of a creator so great he made all that and us as well can we do less than serve him out of love not tyranny,for he loved us so much that he gave his only begotten son,like a lamb to the slaughter,so that who soever should believe in him  should not perish but have life everlasting, how much more can anyone give than their life is it so much to ask to love him back ,because you see you were a tiny soul god made amongst all the hundreds of thousands in all their tiny portals but he knows every one personally he cherished it and his Angeles keep it and one day he said its time and here you are and now he waits anxiously for you to return and his heart do break at your transgressions please don't hurt the father come back where you once belonged you'll see it's better in the light.shalom

Nice line in complete blithering babble you got going here Giddy  'ole son big_smile

1. profile image0
            gooberpyleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why what n tarnationz wrong wif ye alternator prit  u seen that big o'l sord tha fullerz got lookz kike hez libal 2 cut yer head offen yer sholderz an ...down yer neck ,heck down hare in boggy creek we'd do'er wif er cain saw keyuck keyuck.

Do you have some point to that sermon?

3. Thomas@theone profile image77
        Thomas@theoneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

your exactly right!

3. The Darkened One profile image59
      The Darkened Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was there any answered prayers...ever?

For the sake of the argument if we assume prayer gets answered then we have to admit God itself is biased because he is intervening the natural order, breaking the laws of nature & favoring only those who likes to oil his ass. Isnt that shameful?

4. John W. Watson profile image59
      John W. Watsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a funny take; oiling his ass. Just remember, we are all one. Just remember that every voice on this planet is of value. If your voice is a vote for peace on earth, you should expect God's good graces. It's the soul you harvest, not the prayer you pray just when you need Him to do you a solid.

5. bulletproofballoo profile image60
      bulletproofballooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unanswered prayers... It's impossible for us, as humans, to see the big picture of life as we live it. God is in the past present and future, and therefore, already knows how things are going to play out because he knows us and created us. If your praying for God to answer a prayer, I'm assuming that you believe in him and believe that he is a personal God, why else would you even attempt prayer? Therefore, I'm also assuming that you should want his will to be done for your life and those around you. Again, we can't see this big picture of life completely, but we're called to trust that even "Unanswered" prayers are answered prayers that God's will for our lives is being done.

6. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you know the prayer went unanswered?  Maybe his answer was no!

7. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

John 9:31
      Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

James 4:8
      Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded
      (He doubts)

8. bird of happines profile image41
      bird of happinesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well it's not about how hard you  pray its about how much you belive in this persons healing that will make it better or nor, i will realy recommand you to read the" secret," i can tell you from expiriance that healing mirecles do happen, when you belive in them.
      its all around us all the time,.

9. profile image36
      nbbatt.composted 13 years agoin reply to this

Each prayer will be answered, but we don't  know when it comes. Just keep doing good in everything, we feel near God, the prayer will be close to come. Good Luck

10. CariDoughy profile image59
      CariDoughyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This can be quite a tricky question and definitely depends on your faith. A Christian will try to find the moral of the experience;  a Hindu will try to find the karma of the person's past and present lives, etc. If we are talking solely from a Christian perspective though, people have to remember that He does not answer all and knows best for us. Because of this, we cannot expect all prayers to come into fruition. We should all be grateful for what we have, look on the positive side of things, and continue to live life to the max.

11. mythbuster profile image72
      mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is possible that some people forget their own responsibilities and accountability in the world and raise their eyes and hands in asking for help when they may really be able to sufficiently help themselves from the start.

Why does God have to have all these responsibilities and answer everyone's prayers? Why do we allow ourselves to believe that it is God's "job" to love us and respond to use before we even test out what we can be responsible and accountable for?

Unanswered prayers may just be God saying, "Heck, do it yourself!"

smile

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think he said it way way back...guys...everything is out there and in you. now I'm going to rest, now.

Pushing truck loads of hypocrisy must be so tiring. smile

speaking from experience....on my way to buy food now

1. profile image0
              klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you get me something to eat?! hmm

Did you hear that, starving kids? Feed yourself. God's far too busy sending kids to Disneyland.

smile

3. profile image56

mythbuster posted

"I think it is possible that some people forget their own responsibilities and accountability in the world and raise their eyes and hands in asking for help when they may really be able to sufficiently help themselves from the start."

Not at all.  Every situation is part of the Divine Plan.  God is personally responsible for the good or ill.

mythbuster posted
        "Why does God have to have all these responsibilities and answer everyone's prayers?"

Because he said he would.

Mark 11 (King James Version)
        22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

mythbuster posted
        "Why do we allow ourselves to believe that it is God's "job" to love us and respond to use before we even test out what we can be responsible and accountable for?"

See above.

mythbuster posted
        "Unanswered prayers may just be God saying, "Heck, do it yourself!"

You'll get the same results praying to your refrigerator.  The only difference is your refrigerator can be demonstrated to exist.

12. Brie Hoffman profile image59
      Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God always answers the prayer of his children...sometimes the answer is NO.

But, when it comes to food for the starving, the answer is always, "NO!" It's only when someone wants to send their kids to Disneyland does your god find the time to answer, "YES!"

Food - NO!
        Disneyland - YES!

God's priorities are rather mixed up here. smile

1. profile image56

Clearly the priority is football games.  Both teams cast the magic spell to lure God to their side.

The situation reminds me of an old Don King comic where both fighters in the ring are under contract to him.

Yes, it is rather hilarious when we see both teams on one knee praying to the same god to grant them victory. Perhaps, we can conclude from these actions what team god will send to the Superbowl to win.

LOL1 smile

13. profile image0

maybe god know's what you need better than you do,after all he has finite knowledge of all things,remember when you pray,father your will be done on earth as in heaven your will not mine,also beware of what you pray for...you just might get it.shalom

1. profile image56

God lies AGAIN, and it was good.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

14. lone77star profile image73
      lone77starposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Faith," as in getting a prayer answered, or creating miracles, requires 100% confidence and 100% humility. Humility is the antidote to ego, and ego is so thick on these religious forums you can cut it with a knife. Some of these jokers wouldn't know a miracle if it slapped them upside the head.

"Faith" is a bit like being pregnant. You either have it, or you don't. Like the fictional character, Yoda, said, "Do or do not; there is no try."

The ironic thing about faith is that it goes both ways. The slap-happy skeptics are so confident in physical reality that this is all they see, and they're good at creating it. Those who are blind with belief are those who really have no faith, but only delusion. These are the ones who fear reality, but pray to God to solve all their problems. For them, prayer is a "want," and that's just what they get -- "want" or "lack." They are inadvertently asking for failure.

In a business seminar which includes goal setting, the rules are quite specific. You state your goal in positive, past-tense terms. While it's true, you can't achieve goals by ignoring reality, you can achieve them by believing in the dream. Through hard work, an individual is able to reach that 100% confidence, but some don't need "hard work" to get there. Those who succeed are taking 100% responsibility for their situation.

Prayers can be answered, because we were each created in God's image (Gen.1:26). We each have the ability to create magic or to create more of the status quo. The key is our decision. Some choose wisely, some don't.

All this has been dealt with ny "Wizard of Oz' we all grew out of the whole 'clicking our little heels scene so that we can all believe the same illusion' together. 

For the rest of us the realities of war in the name of your strange belief blew the rest of the cobwebs away.   I guess you didn't get to the movies much and were a 'stay at home' kinda guy huh ?

Wizard of Oz is an esoteric tale of the Journey to enlightenment. The idea is the yellow brick road will only lead you to yourself.  The Wizard is YOU.

It is neither athiest or theist in leanings, but the subtle middle. The Phi and the Pi-- where you approach perfection but never truly reach it.

You may choose to 'read' The Wizard of Oz that way and I can agree that you could read that for the Tin man, Lion etc. 
            I think your reading stops a little short myself. 
            I also think you choose not see the 'other' side of it that is NOT a subtle middle ground.

Mister, I did not read it that way. It really is about that. Read up on it.
              http://snippits-and-slappits.blogspot.c … of-oz.html

and just to show you how common knowledge that is check this out:http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/051905.shtml

Baum was a Theosophist and a Mason.

Disney too.

What other side are you talking about? The side of extreme inflexibility to the right of others to pray and its benefits to the human psyche? I abhor Jesus/ Allah is the only true messenger and this and that religion is the one true one pitches just as you. But that does not mean I think these people do not badly need to cling to that religion because they have no other way to make sense of it. Just like Atheists just gave up on making sense of it. People cope with life differently, and for me as long as they don't kill themselves and others...or hurt other people doing it, that is their business. I see order and empowerment. Life is the miracle and the curse,depending on how you choose to see it.

There are many ways to read any text, and the common knowledge version must work for every level of understanding, and it is not by defintion 'right'.

The main issue is that I do not disagree particularly with most of what you say - except that it is harmless.  As a comforter etc there is clearly no harm and maybe even benefit.  This thread is one of a set that are arguing that religion is harmful per se.  As I see it the danger from religion comes from its descent from a metaphysical concept explained in metaphor - which is the comfort, love peace and jellybabies side of it.  The problem comes when the simple people who need simple stories to explain bigger concepts try to spread their apocalyptic mistake of thinking that their metaphors are real things and real people.

The point is that there is no concrete evidence of any kind of either a god or christ - or that prayers 'work'.

Nobody has come up with any concrete evidence.  This should in a real world be enough to convince the 'realist' religious people that their stories are metaphors - this in itself is important in my view. It has been all too easy to fight jesus against Mahommet, not so easy for ideas to fight with no concrete champions.

1. Cagsil profile image70
                  Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nicely said. smile

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64

I agree with you that the political side of religion has distorted the ideologies and insights that became popular to begin with because they resonated as true to so many people before.

They essentially injected marijuana on something as basic as brownies and compromised the people's ability to think with clarity.

For fear of losing followers (and therefore tithes and donations) the "one true religion"  and the "don't doubt, obey the teachings of the church" have indeed made mindless sheep out of people.

even the thought that  we are "the flock" business offends me. we are not flocks that need a shepherd who thinks for us. We are people that have internal guides and we cooperate because we understand why we should. But all of these things are not religion's fault. They are man's.

In the same way that religion has hurt so many, religion also has helped so many. Because it is not religion that's causing all these things that you worry about but the inability of humanity to rise above his survival fears. We need to be more empowered.

Strip humanity of religion and you will have the same problems through different vehicles of evil or good.

My main contention concern with attacking religions and religious people for their beliefs is this:
                  It is not religions and the religious that's the problem, and neither is it the belief in G-d. We really need to elevate our understanding of ourselves and our own power in order to make a breakthrough. But most people are too concerned with day to day struggles and fears.

Going back to WIZARD OF OZ... whatever you read into it,  is a mirror of your beliefs. Just like the bible. That is why its prone to a lot of confusion. It is vague enough.

But as for the theme of the story, it really is based on theosophy.  People who study the esoteric immediately recognize the symbols all the way down to the ruby shoes and poppy fields. The Wizard of Oz speaks of the Path of the Hero, a theme that can be found in most myths and stories. The Wizard of Oz was intended to reminded us that the Journey towards empowerment and enlightenment begins and ends within us, with the Wizard as a metaphor for our relationship with the G-d figure.   This message is in the stories of the bible as well. If you bother to read it as literature first, before dogma  we will actually benefit from it.

There is nothing wrong with prayer. Praying is a natural instinct, it can be observed in the ritualistic way the ancient homo sapiens bury their dead. It comes with a big brain.

The real problem is something more basic than religion. It is blame and fear. IF we all become accountable, the religions of the world will function in the way it should...that or we don't even need it anymore to regulate us.

The real problem is something more basic than religion. It is blame and fear. IF we all become accountable, the religions of the world will function in the way it should...that or we don't even need it anymore to regulate us.

Like the Looking Glass - this is the whole point - religion feeds on fear, blame and division while it mouths love.  Religion is, and has been historically, the main cause of blame and fear.

3. profile image56

alternate poet wrote
                  "...Nobody has come up with any concrete evidence.  This should in a real world be enough to convince the 'realist' religious people that their stories are metaphors - this in itself is important in my view. It has been all too easy to fight jesus against Mahommet, not so easy for ideas to fight with no concrete champions..."

The driver is the induced terror and the 'pie in the sky' aspect.  If not for the 'Eternal Life' rubbish the Abrahamics would have vanished a long time ago.

All this is why they fight so ferociously at anything they think/suspect takes 'Eternal Life' away.  That means death is final.

For many it also means there's no reason not to run amok. There-in's the problem.  These people aren't used to having to think.

1. profile image0

well we can't all have diluzionz of grandzer like some people we know ,who think thar a real mental giant,a legond n their own mind. quote a minze a terrible thang 2 waste,by the way try some hogg lard under yer arm pits it'll take the smell away from yer breath.haw haw

2. profile image56

celeliabeltran posted
                "...I abhor Jesus/ Allah is the only true messenger and this and that religion is the one true one pitches just as you. But that does not mean I think these people do not badly need to cling to that religion because they have no other way to make sense of it. Just like Atheists just gave up on making sense of it..."

Error.  Atheists recognize there isn't any sense in it.  What's worse is there's no connection with reality and doesn't answer any questions.

2. profile image56

Vietnam?

Faith is like a mustard seed.

a tiny seed from which your reality grows from. So it is not really faith as we see it now (coping mechanism, or dogma)

Faith was infact "AMAN" (which in pictograph means: Spirit/Power consciousness becomes seed)
        It is an awareness of power as the root of the greater manifestation.

It is in plain words empowerment. The consciousness of an empowered mind that trusts that his actions will bear fruit.

3. Beelzedad profile image59

What you're saying is that those who get their prayers answered, like someone who prays to god to send their kid to Disneyland, is full of confidence and humility while the starving are not? And, that's why god sends the kid to Disneyland but denies food for the starving? The starving have too big an ego?

4. profile image56

lone77star posted

""Faith," as in getting a prayer answered, or creating miracles, requires 100% confidence and 100% humility."

Not at all.

lone77star posted
        " Humility is the antidote to ego, and ego is so thick on these religious forums you can cut it with a knife."

Ego and self-centredness is Christian Humility[tm].

lone77star posted
        "Some of these jokers wouldn't know a miracle if it slapped them upside the head."

Miracles are fiction.

lone77star posted
        "Faith" is a bit like being pregnant. You either have it, or you don't. Like the fictional character, Yoda, said, "Do or do not; there is no try."

The ironic thing about faith is that it goes both ways."

Actually, it doesn't.  There's the FAITH [booming voice] of the superstitious and that's it.

lone77star posted
        "The slap-happy skeptics are so confident in physical reality that this is all they see, and they're good at creating it."

LOL.  Right.  A skeptic indicates the objective supporting evidence isn't there to validate what was put forth.

The scientific method is the best way we have to separate fact from bovine excrement.  It is that simple.

lone77star posted
        "Those who are blind with belief are those who really have no faith, but only delusion. These are the ones who fear reality, but pray to God to solve all their problems. For them, prayer is a "want," and that's just what they get -- "want" or "lack." They are inadvertently asking for failure."

I'm not sure about inadvertently.

Digging a foxhole when under fire and sliding into it is abject recognition Jesus won't protect you.

lone77star posted
        "In a business seminar which includes goal setting, the rules are quite specific. You state your goal in positive, past-tense terms. While it's true, you can't achieve goals by ignoring reality, you can achieve them by believing in the dream. Through hard work, an individual is able to reach that 100% confidence, but some don't need "hard work" to get there. Those who succeed are taking 100% responsibility for their situation."

Exiting high school many years ago I had two goals.  One; I wanted to break into electronics.  Two; I wanted to be the first one in my family to get a college degree.

I didn't qualify for electronics in the military entrance tests so I went for electrician.  Four years later I got out, worked a full time electrician job custom building equipment and started night classes in college.

A year, or so, later I enlisted in the state Air National Guard as a reservist.  About a year and a half later I got an electronics school entry date.

The whole thing was six months long.  In the first six weeks they covered the equivalent of 1 year in college.

I got married three months before I started electronics tech school.  I left my wife behind and went. It took me seven years of working to get a shot at a goal I had set.  Even though I had the aptitude there were no guarantees.

Routinely, my studies took me to ten or eleven o'clock in the evening.  Through out my three lowest test scores were 93%.  I worked my butt off.  I was honor graduate, but not first in my class, through out.

A year later I ended up going full time active duty in an electronics lab for avionics.

Two years later I got that degree from the University of Maryland.  Both goals reached after a lot of work.

As I said, there were no guarantees.  Succeed or not, there was no question I didn't give it everything I had.  One can't do any more.

Stone and bronze age superstition wasn't even in the universe.

lone77star posted

"Prayers can be answered, because we were each created in God's image (Gen.1:26). "

[klaxon sound]  Nope.  God doesn't exist outside of the minds of believers and the stone and bronze age book of petrified horse crap.  As for babble quotes, you might as well quote from a Wonder Woman[tm] comic book.

lone77star posted
        "We each have the ability to create magic or to create more of the status quo. The key is our decision. Some choose wisely, some don't."

It all takes work. 

One can easily 'float downstream' and end up with the rest of the drift wood.  Or one can 'swim upstream' and see all sorts of new territory.

There's a 'zillion' people competing to be able to ask; "Would you like fries with that."  That job doesn't pay particularly well.

There's a lot fewer people who could do the jobs I did, and it paid a heck of a lot more.  There was also one heck of a lot of job satisfaction as it required one to use their brain.

If someone's content in the drive up window job-more power to them.  That's great!

5. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image36
        DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it is also even simpler-ALL prayers are answered-it is recognizing the FORM that it is in that becomes the challenge. universal law tells us it is in the form of tghe "one, or the many". Light, love, are constant and complimentary balanced-"for those that have eyes to see", it is always funny to hear about those who "don't believe it if i cannot see it". our vision is one of the smallest of spectrums of light to which that are many-and larger to unrecognizable to the human eye-take "dark" for instance, does not exist-if you put those green night goggles on there is still light everywhere-lastly, you have NOT seen a microwave, but nonetheless, would not likely stick your head inside an oven and turn it on.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

What exactly is your doctorate? smile

1. profile image56

Clearly, its in bullshitonomy.

15. blbhhdcn profile image60
      blbhhdcnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God answer prayers in three ways:

Yes

No

Later

In Romans 8:28 -   "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them".

1. profile image56

Which is countered via this:

16. imperial_han profile image61
      imperial_hanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Example of great person who live on earth who said about prayer.
      Mother Theresa, She has doubted about the existence of God, and she said this...
      "Where is my faith? Even deep down ... there is nothing but emptiness and darkness ... If there be God—please forgive me. When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my very soul ... How painful is this unknown pain—I have no Faith. Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal, ... What do I labor for? If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true"

But people, she said something interesting,
      "When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed."
      and how could we claim that we love God, which we cant see, and we fail to love our neighbour which we can see. and many more...

Have faith my friend, have faith....

interesting...

2. profile image56

No.  The person starved to death because:

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (New King James Version)

18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

By the way, Mother Theresa was a monster, not a great person.

3. profile image0

soundz to me like some one don't need no more sprinklin' they need a full fleged dunkin' under and a true perfession of faith golly bill matfue.don't u see.

17. kmacox profile image61
      kmacoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

kmacox       

God cannot answer any prayer good or bad, why? because God does not know anything about the many concepts we have accumulated, these prayers with words asking for something to be fixed are pointless do you really think understand english french or any other mind made language.
      Those who ask God for anything than Himself is liing in ignorance of His/Her tru Self which is God. Only the human mind woulf feel disatisfied with this illusion it has created and then beg God to help, no matter how important the request is God cannot hear you, and any way if God is God how dare we tell God what to do
      "God by the way it seems u have not noticed the poor little children in Africa so i am praying that u help them2
      How insane is that.
      The only appropriate prayer is on of Silence, when the mind falls silent and stop believing that it can influence God then God rushes in and fills u with Himself, that includes everything, Love, supply, health, abundance.
      In the Silence God reveals himself to u as you and then you know you already have everything.  2Son all that i have is yours2  do you believe it was meant only for Jesus.   To God none of the so called horrible appearances like war famine etc exist, they are part of our universal mind consciousness, not God consciousness. Love Karima

1. profile image56

kmacox wrote
        "God cannot answer any prayer good or bad, why?"

Because it doesn't exist other than in the fantasies of believers.

1. profile image0

now stoney burk have u lost yer rabbit az mind,i oughta warsh yer mouth out with lye soap,u bone head,corse theirs a god and he loves u ,cause ifen he didn't h'd a born ya crossed eyed ,oh fiddle dee dee boy shut up.

1. profile image56

Oh, poor little tot.  I'm sorry learning there's no Sandy Claws has made you upset.  Run along now and don't bother the adults.

18. profile image61
      ConsumerAdvisorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too many people assume that THEIR prayers cannot be trumped -- not even by God. I remember my grandfather passing away when I was 10 and I asked my father why he died. My father told me "God needed a good carpenter, so he took the best one he could find.".

We like to find solace in faith, beliefs and religion yet we want to reduce it to total logic when it is OUR needs that we want met. Either you BELIEVE and let God be the last word OR you don't believe. Realizing that all prayers are not answered is all part of faith. There is no real grey area.

1. profile image56

ConsumerAdvisor posted

"Too many people assume that THEIR prayers cannot be trumped -- not even by God. I remember my grandfather passing away when I was 10 and I asked my father why he died. My father told me "God needed a good carpenter, so he took the best one he could find.".

We like to find solace in faith, beliefs and religion yet we want to reduce it to total logic when it is OUR needs that we want met. Either you BELIEVE and let God be the last word OR you don't believe. Realizing that all prayers are not answered is all part of faith. There is no real grey area."

I agree there's no gray area about the falseness of the God concept.

Realizing that all prayers are not answered has nothing to do with faith.  It has everything to do with the lies of God.

1. profile image0

well i'm powerfull sorry bout yer folks young feller,but u shouldn't say mean thangs bout other peoples god thats just pure'd ol' wrong,and im sure they was good god fearin' folk and they just can't b proud of the way u been carrin' on,so thank about cuz.

1. profile image56

I'm so sorry the words in your own Holey Babble distress you.  Kindly remember I didn't write the stone and bronze age effluent.

19. profile image56

God said; "No."  big_smile big_smile

20. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe its because you are talking to yourself. Instead of praying to a non existent super hero you should be taking the steps to get done what you need to get done.

1. profile image56

Exactly.

21. CarolineVABC profile image69
      CarolineVABCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Many people have asked this question and it's a "valid" point.  It is a very hard question to answer, but speaking from my own experience, sometimes, the 'answer' is right there in front of us, but we're ignoring it because it is not the answer that we are looking for or it could be that the answer is "wait."  It could be that God is testing your faith.  One thing I'm certain of is that "God does care."  He may not answer our prayers right away and it seems that He does not care, but He does.  Hope this helps:-)

Oh yes, it helps tremendously. God is allowing tens of thousands of kids to starve to death every day so he can test your faith.

Brilliant! smile

1. profile image56

And monstrous.  Yet, the sheep keep bleating about how much it loves them.

The people being called flocks and sheep isn't a compliment.  Shepherd's fleece their flocks and lead them to slaughter.  Sheep are extremely stupid.

2. profile image56

CarolineVABC posted

"Many people have asked this question and it's a "valid" point.  It is a very hard question to answer, but speaking from my own experience, sometimes, the 'answer' is right there in front of us, but we're ignoring it because it is not the answer that we are looking for ... "

Like the realization God is stone and bronze age fiction.  Lousy fiction at that.

CarolineVABC posted
        "or it could be that the answer is "wait." It could be that God is testing your faith.  "

An omniscient entity has no need to test anything.

CarolineVABC posted
        One thing I'm certain of is that "God does care."  He may not answer our prayers right away and it seems that He does not care, but He does.  Hope this helps:-)"

Yep.  God 'cares' yet lets thousands of children die of starvation each year.  With 'care' like that who needs neglect with malice aforethought!

And being omnipresent-he gets wood from watching them starve to death.  Great God you got there, Caroline.

22. lcg4jc profile image71
      lcg4jcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no unanswered prayers. All prayers are answered by the Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent God. The problem arises when mankind does not accept that there are two answers to a prayer: Yes or No.
      What may appear to be an unanswered prayer can simply be postponed deliverance of the request or simply NO.
      We must remember if we believe in God, then let us not box Him up and say He must do this or do that, King Nebuchadnezzer learned this lesson the hard way and when he came out of his testing, we are told in Daniel 4:34, 35 his response, "
      But at the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever;
               For His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
               And His kingdom endures from generation to generation.
          "    All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing,
               But He does according to His will in the host of heaven
               And among the inhabitants of earth;
               And no one can ward off His hand
               Or say to Him, What have You done?'

In other words, the problem lies with an inaccurate understanding of God and His character. When mankind knows who God claims to be and understands what they are not, then they are wise in understanding and can also conclude that God can do what He wants, when He wants, to whom He wants, and there is no one that has the right to say to Him, "What have You done?"

Remember, the Biblical God, the Creator of the Universe has the right to do whatever He wants because He is God. As His lowly creation we must accept whatever He declare and understand that He is Holy, Good, and Just and His actions are always done in light of the fact that He is Omniscient.

So don't stress, simply ask God, "Papa is my prayer according to your will" or Father God is my prayer in line with your word? Or perhaps, Lord you know all things, therefore I will leave this matter in your hands and trust you as my God to reply in whatever way you see fit. Amen

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In other words God only exists in your imagination.

1. lcg4jc profile image71

Actually if God existed only in my imagination then I would mold him to my ideas. He would do exactly what I want, when I want, and how I want. My imaginative creative mind would have him have place sunflowers in every landscape, love and unity in all families, and a perfect 10 in all I do and say.
          Your response is not in line with what I posted.
          My post clearly states God is all knowing, all powerful, ever present and because He is God He can do what He wants without anyone of us dictating to him or questioning him what are you doing?
          He alone is God. Our response to His will is the ultimate decision that will help us understand and accept His will and believe Him at his word when He claims to be holy, perfect and just.

Agreed, and he chooses to answer the prayers of parents who want to send their kids to Disneyland and ignores the prayers of the starving.

If by "holy, perfect and just" you mean he allows tens of thousands of children to suffer an agonizing death every day, then I cannot fathom your perspective of such an evil god. smile

That is because you have little or no understanding as to what is good, holy and perfect. In your limited perspective and worldview you can only examine the world and its apparent status with a small resevoir of intelligence.
              You are not Omniscient nor is any man. The world's philosophies and philanthropies can never understand God's ways. Mans philosophies are centered in humanistic endeavors that focus only on ego and its existence.
              These self centered, ego centered, self serving ideals in mankind is what has brought the world into the lowly state of injustice, poverty, murder, and indifference. God has commanded all mankind to "love your neighbor as yourself". Yet man chooses to love self and forget the neighbor. "Who is thy neighbor" Every living human being regardless of race, gender, ethnicity or religion is your neighbor. God's command is clear, it is our job as stewards of this earth to obey His command. When we as God's creation disobey His standard of love we should expect the injustice that is wrought throughout the whole world.
              So now we blame God because of our lack of proper conduct? Absolutely not, this is our own doing. We have chosen to follow after our own lusts and gratifications.
              God is absolutely Holy Perfect and Just. He has given His creation instruction and we as His creation must obey. When we obey instructions, then constructive abilities are capable of being fulfilled. When instructions are ignored, the possibility of construction is most likely not to take affect. 
              We are a global community with global responsibilities to adhere to the instruction at hand.
              As volitional, rational beings we are able to choose right from wrong. So I ask you my dear friend, is it right that you have chosen to place the blame elsewhere when obviously the blame lies in the fact that mankind has failed to fulfill the instructions given by a Benevolant, Loving and Gracious God?
              I know, its easier to toss blame elsewhere. In fact, it is real easy to dismiss the idea of there being a God because then we are justified in not fulfilling the instructions of the God we deny.

Resorting to personal insults does nothing to further your argument. Funny though, you keep doing it.

Nothing but pure preachy strawman fallacies that do not address the issue at all and do little more than prop up your belief system. Why can't you just address the contradiction rather than telling us what a loving god you worship?

I have not insulted you, I have spoken in generalities and have referred to the fact that all mankind has thrown the blame on something else instead of standing up and saying I choose to do good toward those in need.

As for addressing the issue at hand which deals with prayer, I have dealt with it through my own perspective. That my perspective is not acceptable to your way of seeing things does not mean I have not addressed your seemingly contradiction with the issue on prayer.

Yes, you did. Let me point it out to for future reference:

That has absolutely nothing to do with the contradiction. Try to pay attention.

Your perspective is to go off on a tangent of how much you love and worship your evil god. Irrelevant to the contradiction. Perhaps, you can try again without all the preachy nonsense. smile

2. getitrite profile image71

No offense, but it is still your imagination, although dictated to you through your indoctrination by charlatans in authority.

If you have seen God, and he conveyed to you all that you have written, here, about him, and you had irrefutable proof of that, then, and only then, would your opinion be regarded as anything other than your imagination through indoctrination.

On this forum, the non-believers have tried in vain to get believers to understand that your beliefs are not logical.

If God is all powerful, then it makes no sense at all that he CAN'T feed the starving children.  To assert that he can't stop the evil leaders of these starving children is not becoming of an all powerful deity.

What you are saying is:  My God is all powerful, however he chooses to be a complete wimp!

Why should I respect such a nonsensical God as this?
            This concept of God is anti-logic, anti-survival, anti-life.

Point made my friend - deny the existence of God and the blame for starving children is placed elsewhere. No accountability for not doing your part in this journey of life.
              Lets just put the concept of God's existence aside for a moment.
              If you want to be a reasonal, rational and logical human being, then the only logical thing to do for starving children all over the world is to share your riches with them so that they wont starve. So how much will you be sending this week? How many orphanages will you donate to, visit and give your time? How much will you be willing to give? How much is an acceptable amount?
              Also let us remember the question at hand does not ask if God exists, the question is dealing with one's acceptance of unanswered prayers. Hence, the existence of God is a nonsensical concept to bring up in a conversation when the implication of prayer deals with the acknowledgement of God and His self-sufficiency.
              Now I can agree to disagree with you on God's existence. Because the Truth of the matter is that neither I can prove to you His existence and you can't prove to me His non existence.

Why do I have to donate my resources to help these starving kids, when God is wasting his time sending well-fed kids to Disneyland?

Why can't you hold God to the same moral standards as you are asking of me?

It seems like when you need God the most, that's when he really deserts you.

Btw, this forum is about unanswered prayers, my comments referring to the non-existence of your God are definitely within the context of the premise, since He is the one, whom you claim the prayers are being sent to.  Correct?

Your user name is getitrite, well lets get it right.

First of all, you really need to stop with the Disneyland approach, honestly it sounds like there is a conspiracy against the place.

Second, God's existence is your agenda, and is not pertinent to this question. As stated, this question already presumes that if you are praying that means you believe in God.

Third, I must remind you that I have not been indoctrinated by anyone. I was not raised a Christian. I have come to faith in Christ Jesus by reading evidence to His existence and through my own personal journey in this life. I am not one of the priveleged ones that got to go through life without a worry in the world. You stated quote "If you have seen God, and he conveyed to you all that you have written, here, about him, and you had irrefutable proof of that, then, and only then, would your opinion be regarded as anything other than your imagination through indoctrination" end quote. In your own words, may I just  say, my words and my personal experience in life are not from my imagination. Rather it is a deep stilled conviction that I have seen, I have heard, and I have chosen willingly to accept and believe in God.

Fourth, I am holding you to the standard that all humanistic viewpoints hold the global community to fulfill. Really, you don't understand the concept that you are your brothers keeper? Are you that self absorbed?

Last, as for holding God to His standard of love, believe me I have tested and tried God and have held Him to His word, and at all times He has shown Himself to be Faithful and True. I have never felt abandoned, rejected, deserted by Him. In fact, He is the only One that has not forsaken me, rejected me or abandoned me; but then again that's a whole different story all together. Perhaps if you want to know a little about my journey you can read my writings. Perhaps, you will consider how to speak with kindness to others when they do not share the same viewpoint as your own. As I stated earlier, I will agree to disagree with you and I respect your choice to not believe in God because I respect and honor the fact that God has given every man free will to choose and will not force anyone to believe in Him. Don't you see that is the beauty of it all? You can choose my friend to believe or not believe, you can choose to obey or not obey, you can choose to love the global community and walk in love and light or you can shun the global community. You have been given the priveledge of free will, just remember though, so has every human being on this planet. Therefore, respect, acceptance and tolerance are a must if there is going to be any resolution to questions that bring about the worst in people. May your life be filled with love, joy, peace and assurance. Good night.

3. Woman Of Courage profile image61
            Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi lcg4jc,  You hit the nail on the head in both posts. AMEN!

1. profile image56

Peals of laughter!

2. profile image56

lcg4jc posted

"There is no unanswered prayers. All prayers are answered by the Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent God. The problem arises when mankind does not accept that there are two answers to a prayer: Yes or No..."

Terminal rubbish and failed apologetics.  One would think people would look for a deity they could be proud of, not one they're constantly making excuses for.  God lies, as you can see from his own words, and it is good.

First of all, may I remind you that throwing up scriptures and placing them out of context is completely unacceptable in the academia world.
          Take note that the scriptures you have quoted deal with a man's heart condition toward whatever adversity may arrive in one's life.
          Furthermore, if by spewing words that are deconstructive you think you will be able to convince me that the God I believe in is evil well my friend you have waisted your time.
          My faith is not on what others say to me, my faith comes from my knowledge of God and His manifestation of His character and person to me.
          I am not offended that you claim that your understanding of "god" makes him out to be a liar, because the god you speak of is not the God of the Bible nor the God I love.
          Honestly, how tiring it must be for you to live with so much resentment toward others for their faith. When you can live so much freer allowing others to believe as they so choose to believe and giving liberty to your self to believe in whatever manner you choose to believe.
          Again, may I just say, I will agree to disagree with you and respectfully decline your interpretation on this issue.

1. profile image56

Oh, boy.  Hey, sport!  It's YOUR 'holy word.'  And the stuff isn't out of any context.  Don't blame me for what's in the 'good book.'  I didn't write the idiocies in it.

Once again, I note a believer bearing false witness-casually and unrepentantly.

Yes, your resentment of those who stand on their own two feet is very noticeable.

How about being daring and actually addressing the points raised instead of the tiresome toddler tactics you're currently utilizing?

Wishful thinking on my part, that you and several other xians here, would actually address points raised rather than lying, generating a level 5 hand waving  tempest, and other unsavory tactics.

I'm well aware there are xians who are honest, courageous, and forth right.  Sadly, you're not one of them.

You do your 'father,' Satan proud.

23. profile image49
      butterfly_suposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God answers prayers, not always with a yes.But the only prayer he hears from a sinner is a prayer of repentance.

24. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image36
      DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no such thing as "unanswered prayer" is the answer to the question. step back howeveer, and look at it-your prayers are all answered, they are simply in a form YOU do NOT recognize. both easy and simple to explain too.

we host a free nightly conference call to help people. let me know if you care to join in. Dr. Mike

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By 'helping' people I guess means making money in some way - I notice your other posts generally include directing people to your business also.

So simple and easy to explain how prayers are REALLY answered - your victims are just too stupid to realise that when nothing happens it means that nothing has happened ?

Explain it then, if it is so easy and simple.

What is your doctorate? Or, is that just a self-titled moniker for ratings? smile

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I bet you're going to get a cross-section of answers on this question, Baileybear.
    My experience has been thus: I spent a lot of years doing 9-1-1 praying. God was there for emergencies. Really, a very self-centered way of praying. Example, "God, if you get me out of this______ I promise I will never ______ again."

I have since learned a different way to pray with a very different focus. Instead of asking God to do me favors or to carry out MY will, I now ask for guidance and acceptance.
    Prayer now is "Thy will, not mine, be done."
    So if someone is sick, I don't try to tell God that he should heal the person. God already has a plan for that person.
    It may or may not involve healing the person.
    Thus my prayer is for God to help me accept His will -- whatever it may be.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

does that mean really, there is no point in praying?

1. KristenGrace profile image60
        KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I truly am not the type of person to "preach" or push my thoughts on someone else, but since you asked...
        It doesn't mean there's no point.
        It just means, sometimes, (as hard as it is, and I KNOW how hard it is...), you just have to have faith that God DID answer your prayer.
        He just knew what was best
        OR
        Perhaps sometimes bad things just happen.
        And maybe it takes accepting that God is not all powerful.  Instead, He is all forgiving, loving and accepting of each one of us.

I'm still not sure I know which way I feel myself.  Just some thoughts.  Good luck in finding your own answers.

1. mythbuster profile image72

You're basically saying, "Sometimes, God simply says... "NO." or something to this effect?"

If this is so, I think it makes sense.

It also makes sense, and works exactly the same way, if there is no answer at all - coincidence maybe ?

2. stilljustwonderin profile image59
            stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some times the answer is no, that's isn't what's best in the long run.  Some times the answer is, not now but later.

Some times I think of my relationship with God (my Father) the same as with my children.  Some times when they asked for something I said no.  Some times I said not now.  Some times I gave them what they asked for.  It was my job to do what I felt was in their best interest.  Of course they didn't always understand my intentions, as we don't always understand.

If your children were starving to death, would you give them food if they asked for it? smile

1. stilljustwonderin profile image59

When my children were small, I and their Dad provided all their needs.  Now that they are grown, I will some times help them, but I expect them to help themselves.

Exactly, but your god does not do that for his children and they die of starvation. Notice the huge difference between humans and your god? smile

1. Disturbia profile image61
                    Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've seen the "poor starving children" argument used many times in the forums to make a case against God.  I think it's not up to God to feed those poor starving children, it is up to us to feed them.  If there is a God, he has given us the earth and the means to feed and provide for ourselves. God did not create social evils, mankind did.

2. hanging out profile image60
                    hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

... sleeping

3. stilljustwonderin profile image59

Yes, God sends humans to help one another.  Some humans are evil.

Please tell me, what on earth could be God's intentions for justifying not feeding the poor starving children?

I just can't accept the fact that "we don't always understand."
              And why are we to blindly believe that God's intentions are always good?
              Because I can't see a benevolent deity behaving in such a callous way.

He hasn't told me what his intentions are.  I can only take a guess.  I don't understand everything. 
                Maybe, if they survive they would have an even more dreadful life at the hands of their enemies.
                Maybe, the adults have been offered a means of helping themselves, but won't do it.  Ya know, give them a fish or a fishing pole?  Move?
                Maybe, peoples hearts are to be moved with compassion and they become good Samaritans and love one another.

Personally, if I lived there, I would pick up my children and move some where that I could take care of them.

I don't know.  I don't understand everything.  Maybe some day we will.

You are quite wrong - you don't understand anything much really.

You think in the Sudan someone is going to take the decision to move to a condo by the sea, throw their staving kids in the back of their 4 X 4 and 'just get the hell outa here'.  How hard can it be to understand having nothing and no way out?

You are exactly correct..
                       That situation has ben coming to that point in lie for quite some time.

BUT it has been politics and greed that have put them in that situation.

It doesn't matter how bad ...  or Good ...  the life situation is here on earth ...  there will always be an ugliest factor. There will always be a weakest link.

2. profile image0

so what are you doing personaly to help solve the problem  they need help not lip service.

You can make up all the excuses you want to support your beliefs, but all they do is insult the dead and the dying.

Yes, provide ridiculous options, just so that you never have to admit to yourself your god doesn't answer prayers. Put the blinders on securely so they don't fall off.

It's quite simple to understand, but you refuse to accept the obvious answer. smile

1. luvpassion profile image62
                    luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obvious answer is that starvation is caused by unemployment, overpopulation and the depletion of the natural resources of mother earth by man...you don't agree, fine. smile

2. stilljustwonderin profile image59

Yes, you refuse to accept the obvious answer.  Man is doing the evil.

2. profile image56

Because otherwise the believer won't ever get to never never land.

Tens of thousands of children starving to death is a small price to pay for a believer to get Eternal Life in Heaven.

3. profile image56

There's a problem.  Scripture says differently.

2. YU_First 1 profile image62
        YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a point in praying only that we have to do more than just pray.

We have to trust that he will answer those prayers, we have to act towards getting the prayers answered.

There's no point for instance asking for a job while sitting at home without going at least a step to throw resumes out there where a job for you may be.

1. profile image56

That's not what the bible says!

First, for any situation;
          1 Thessalonians 5:18 (New King James Version)

18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Now concerning prayer;

Note; the verses are unrestricted.  Any theist trying to put restrictions here will just be admitting their bearing false witness which is a violation of one of the Ten 'suggestions.

2. profile image0

right on sister that's exactly the right way to do it amen god continue to bless you and yours.shalom.

3. lcg4jc profile image71

Amen

4. profile image49

Good answer!

3. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

Because God works in mysterious ways.
    Or maybe God is just imaginary.

1. YU_First 1 profile image62

We have to meet God half way.

1. profile image56

LOL.  Pathetic dodge.

Omnipresent, remember?

Omniscient, remember?

Omnipowerful, remember?

4. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

No, no! There's definitely a point in praying.
    But it's praying for understanding of God's will rather than directing God what do do, if that makes sense.
    Maybe a better way to phrase this is putting the problem into God's hands for Him to do as He sees fit, which may or may not be what we would want as the outcome. But having faith that He's got it handled and praying to be ok with the outcome.

But just because this is how I pray one-on-one to God doesn't mean I don't also engage in "traditional" group prayer or light candles in church! I do that too!

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Yes we are instructed to end our prayers with "Thy will be done"

Can we live an unhealthy life style and "EXPECT" to pray for good health and miraculously be healed when we get sick.
       It is written that the sins of the parents are passed down several generations. I believe this is definitely true when it comes to living unhealthy life styles.
       This is seen readily seen when a woman consumes certain things while pregnant.
       Most of Gods laws pertain to taking care of our bodies,
    Can we break these laws and expect to pray and make it all better? 

Do you make rules for your children to keep and tell them that there are no consequences when they break them.

Jesus told his disciples that when any "two of you" gather together and pray to the father and ask "anything" and it  "WILL"  be given to you. 

I think that he was promising this to his twelve disciples.
      Though we can all pray and God can answer that prayer if he chooses ...  the above  "Promise" was given to the disciples only.

Does God answer our prayers ?  I would say that it is much more likely that he does when we are living our lives in his will, in all areas of our life. 

I knew someone that prayed for their brothers cancer to be healed...  that night they had a vivid dream.  They were ask  WHY should I heal them ?
      He will continue their heavy drinking and get cirrhosis of the liver. Now is as good of a time to take him as any.
       I didn't explain this as eloquent as it was told to me. But the jest of the story is the same.

Yes God answers prayers  at his discretion.

And yet, you can't answer the question as to why thousands who pray for food die every day.

Did he find your car keys again? smile

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

How do you explain unanswered prayer? I don't. hmm

However, I have a better question for you....

Why would any sort of god want to help a person who isn't willing to help themselves to begin with?

People depend on a god to give them their purpose in life, instead of choosing a purpose which is less selfish. hmm

Any god that helps selfish people to continue to be selfish sounds like a god that lacks wisdom. hmm

So much truth in what you said.   God does expect us to do something to help ourselves.

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

could all "answered prayer" actually be explained as luck or taking responsibility or something other than God?

yah there was like, one line of truth

How do you explain unanswered prayer? I don't. hmm
      (this wasn't it)
      However, I have a better question for you....
      (this wasn't it)

Why would any sort of god want to help a person who isn't willing to help themselves to begin with?
      (this wasn't it)
      People depend on a god to give them their purpose in life, instead of choosing a purpose which is less selfish. hmm
      (this wasn't it)
      Any god that helps selfish people to continue to be selfish sounds like a god that lacks wisdom. hmm
      (this wasn't it)

sorry i guess there was not a single bit of truth in that post.
      God helps all people.
      Babies go to heaven, its an innocence thing, sinless life and all that jazz. but YOU

CANNOT BELIEVE BABIES GO TO HEAVEN BECAUSE YOU CANT BELIEVE IN GOD AND YET YOU BLAME GOD FOR KILLING BABIES!!
      why don't you stick to your own doctrine and since god isn't in your equation come up with an answer to that question by yourself. Mankind is starving babies.. ahhhh that sounds better, god is just taking them home.. perfect.
      Otherwise those babies might grow up a big sinner like you and end up in hell
      OH the perfect and wonderful mercy of God (to all those who deserve it)

give us your happy face as you leave the room smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A completely useless response. Nothing new.

2. ryancarter profile image60
        ryancarterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ba-zing...

3. profile image56

Perfect and wonderful mercy-to those that deserve it?  ROFLMAO

I'm glad you realize you don't deserve it.

[sizzle sizzle-for eternity]

1. profile image49

you're obviously atheist! God have mercy on you!

7. Jerami profile image58

And yet, you can't answer the question as to why thousands who pray for food die every day.   And yet, you can't answer the question as to why thousands who pray for food die every day

Did he find your car keys again?
            - - - - - - - - -

First of all  I can't even guess why you do the things that you do, much less God.

NO he doesn't do car keys
    ======================================================
    getitrite wrute ...   I guess those poor starving children are not living their lives in Gods will, in all areas of their lives.
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Your question has been answered many times.  You just ignore them.   I am sure

Wouldn't you think that their parents should move to someplace where they can provide for their children?
       If they know that they can not feed their children they should quit having them?
    ====================================================
    Cagsil answered your question right here ;  and I can agree with him whether he likes it or not!

Cagsil wrote ....Why would any sort of god want to help a person who isn't willing to help themselves to begin with?
    ================================================ 
    The Darkened One wrote ... 
       For the sake of the argument if we assume prayer gets answered then we have to admit God itself is biased because he is intervening the natural order,
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a pretty good answer;  He can answer some prayers that do not disturb the natural order. He must be careful or he would be messing up more than he is fixing.
    ---

It is very arrogant to think that a mere Human can figure out the mind of God.  Because you can not figure it all out,,you think that this proves the Non existence of God.

That my friend is flawed reasoning.

He doesn't do food either. But, he does something, right? What could possibly keep your god so busy he hasn't the time to feed the starving, Jerami?

Yes, stop having those pesky kids so your god has more time to find your car keys and a parking spot.

And yet, that is exactly what you've been doing in a vain attempt to support your belief in answered prayers.

Then, you're reasoning about answered prayers is obviously flawed, by your own logic. smile

1. hanging out profile image60

no prayers go unheard when god helps christians find their car keys.
        go play another round of video game st. beezlebub

Matthew 26:11   For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Jesus knew 2007 years ago you were gonna use the poor starving children as a weapon against christianity. And again he was right! God is always right.. now start writing a cheque, i know the church i support does!
        hypocrite!

Yes, I see that hypocrisy.

2. profile image56

Matthew 26 shows Jesus suffers from the Sin of Pride.

The hypocrites are Christians like yourself.

The poor starving children are part of the Divine Plan.  Wow, what a nice God you've got!

Jerami, you use this innocent sounding statement constantly.
      But, you and I both know that this is a vicious way to ask nonbelievers to accept a lie as the answer to our inquiries.

How do you like it when you ask a question and all you get is lies?

If you were in a court, on the witness stand, your testimony would be dismissed, because your testimony is contradictory and thus lacks veracity.

Who knows, you might even be charged with perjury.
      Stop trying to play the innocent game, and just be honest.

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I don't understand how any human could expect life to go as we wish every single time we want something. regardless of what anyone believes, that's fairytale thinking.  life is what it is. we alone are responsible for our thinking and our actions, that's enough for me!

I have to agree with you,,,
        "GOD" is just a tittle that we have assigned to whatever Higher Power that is.
        We find this Higher Power within our own mind.
        This is how it communicates with us,
        Kinda like a telephone. We have to answer it in order to hear the voice on the other end of the line.

If science would spent the time, effort and money, exploring the universe that lies within as it does the universe outwardly we might find out what the 80% of our mind that we are not using was intended for.

1. profile image56

And how would you be able to tell what was fact from fiction from 'exploring within?'

It's very clear you have no understanding of science or the scientific method.

And, yet, you're able to vote for people wanting public office who are just as ignorant as you.

Then people in the US can't figure out why the rest of the educated world shrinks back in horror at Americans.

2. profile image56

Agreed, but children need their imaginary friends.

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

actually science has made amazing discoveries with the way the mind and internal body works. even that we do indeed use more of our brain than was previously thought. the information is out there in journals, reports.. it's more the way we use it and how and what we feed it. the brain is a living complex organ and has remarkable abilities if fed and nourished properly. we simply take our bodies for granted. our power lies within us. meditation is important in that regard, quieting ourselves enough to listen and recharge.

True ...
        I have wondered from my youth, how much that had to do with Daniel refusing to eat the Kings diet, and requested other foods.
        Did that  increased the level of communication with his inner mind thus keeping the pathway to God open.

Or somethig like that ??

10. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Mighty Mom has all the right answers to this question and I agree with her 100 percent. God does answer all questions, perhaps not as you whould like or wish.

1. YU_First 1 profile image62

I agree with you CyberSupe God does answer all prayers not necessarily the way we would have liked him to.

Besides it is also God's way of using us; his not answering the way we want.

He is using us to have others learn from our conditions or better still he is testing our strength in believing in his absoluteness.

Oh yes, god lets tens of thousands starve to death every day so he can test your belief in him.

Such compassion.

wrong again. Why are you so wrong.. i think you need to change that icon

I see why you are wrong. 7 months, 1 hub and its on a video game
          oh christian guru teach us thy ways

lol

1. profile image56

You are a fool and quite dishonest.  How sad.  Many Xians have indicated stuff like this is his way of 'testing,' even though an omni character has no need to test.

You also flat ignore written scripture from your own 'Holy Tome' which you count on and quote at various times.

Jesus is going to tell you he doesn't know you.  Scripture tells you why.

None of us who aren't theists didn't write the Bible.  And yet you blame us for what's in it and, worse, quoting it.  We quote it and you folks ignore it. 

People like you are to be greatly pitied.  I do pity you, and several others on this forum.

How sad to be so fearful.

There are several Xians in these forums I respect.  You're not one of them.

I had hoped in my travels here to find/learn something new.  Christians here, with few exceptions, play the same transparent mental toddler games ala Santa Claus.

I had hoped someone would have the courage to acknowledge the conflicts in the various verses, the stated attributes of God, as well as the ramifications and repercussions generated by 'manufacturer' status.

I think its pretty sad when its the non-believers who are the ones upholding so-called Xian principles.  Sad, but all too common.  Christians get out-christianed by the nonchristians.  Amusing.

Well said. smile

2. profile image56

He's absolute fiction.

11. kess profile image61
    kessposted 13 years ago

Any prayer which is not answered in the specific way it was intended is not a prayer based on faith.

If any does not understand how faith works, they can never pray the right kind of prayers, and they would be better of not praying at all until they understand faith.

God never chooses which prayer to answer based on His foreknowledged or will.

God  simply answers all prayers that is based on faith. And it is impossible for the faithful to pray outside the will of God.

If any of your prayers are not answered stop making other excuses, it means simply faith is not present in that prayer.

Those thousands that die daily from starvation obviously have no faith. Are they being punished by your god for praying for food? smile

food does not come by prayer.. do you think it will come up through the concrete? lol, Will god just burst a garden up in ethiopia? Is this what you want? God feed the children is the prayer, not just make manna fall from the sky.
        You want a god to slap your hands every time you sin or just give you a better life than you have now? What will you do for that better life? Oh you want nothing for yourself just make the rest of the world better. ahhh. and tell me how will God do that?
        Then tell me that after life is good around the planet, the streams are clean and the air pure and people are happy happy happy, then tell me you will be okay to die and not receive eternal life, or will you want that as well.
        Your beliefs are selfish and you are secretly happy there are starving people in the world otherwise you might have to believe in God.
        give us all a break
        close the door behind you on your way out

2. imperial_han profile image61

Thousand people die from starvation is not becos they do not have faith nor God doest not exist....BUT BECOS OF US FOR DOING NOTHING TOWARD THEM...we have so much extra that we waste it away or spend it into other stuff..Its us the one who cause them starve to death for not helping them...

The reason we have so many is to help each other out of trouble without concern skins, religion, ideology and so on...

Not according to believers who believe their god provides for them, so he should provide for others as well, but he doesn't. That's the point.

1. profile image0

the good Shepard knows the sound of HIS sheep,does another Shepard tend a flock that is not his own,who has hatched this lie that every sheep belongs to the same master,for in as much as ye spurn the word ,which was and is forever and ever you shall have no part in heaven lest ye repent and except emmanuel(Jesus) as lord and savior,for he is the good Shepard.amen shammah shalom

Shameful. More threats.

12. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

can you tell me why there is no difference between faith and presumption?

1. kess profile image61
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Faith only is based upon truth and cannot be compared nor debated.

No one can teach you faith, for faith cannot be taught, one may only show you a way his way,  but you will never understand unless you know faith yourself.

Those with faith knows faith because their own faith teaches them.

Presumtion is unlike faith, for faith is the knowledge of truth.

13. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

Whenever my beliefs became nonsensical, that is when I abandomed those beliefs.  God has to make sense in order for me to worship Him.

If I persist in worshipping Him, it would be like the SEEING following the BLIND.

14. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

There are many charitable organisations that contribute to the welfare of children in particular and the desperate plight of people in general.
    Some are religious, some are not.
    This is not the point.
    The point is that religionists have this megalomanic view that their "god" cares about them more than he does the poor and really needy.
    Why don't religionists just be honest and admit that their god is not helping mankind, (self evident) and if it was, why in hell would it be finding car keys for some useless moron while leaving the world's beautiful children to die in some hell hole?

God or no God;  I ya believe in any kind of lie after death..  Then death is not such a bad thing.

It is the pain that we endure crossing over that is scary.

And everyone gotta do it at some time in life.

It is the greedy leaders of those countries and greedy politicians allowing these children to starve.

Yes  society can do something about it.  But WE don't.

Even if we were to feed these hungry children,  death from some source is required. For every 1010 people that are born; Nature seems to require 1000 deaths.
         That seems to be the first law of nature.  Can't change it.

I'm sorry that people gotta die!!  But the only alternative is that BIRTH has gotta end.

Cut it like ya want to...  the measure comes out the same.

The whole belief in an afterlife is a crock to get people to put up with their miserable lot because it will all be ok when you die.  It is a lie fed to people by their leaders who amass huge fortunes by keeping others in poverty.  The 'eye of the needle' rich man does not want to enter heaven - he is already in it !

Well ..  When I first believed in an after life it was a long time afterwards till I heard about it from an outside source.

I guess that makes me a philosopher at age 5 or 6.

I sat around contemplating all sorts of things long before anyone else brought up the questions.

I took a few detours ...  but in my old age I am right back where I started.  Only now  I have found out that I am not the only one. And there are as many that disagrees.

My self ...  I'll go with what I think.
             And everyone else can do the same.

It doesn't make you a philospher at 6 - it just demonstrates that the 'wish' to live forever is a childish fantasy that you should really have grown out of by now.

When ya believe something you may walk way from it at a later date.

When you "know"!!   It is a part of who you are and it goes wherever you go.

When what you 'believe' becomes what you know you are a grandad.

It does not make it any more or less true, its just that belief hardens like arteries and becomes dogma.

1. profile image0

DOGMA(AMGOD)do you knot know that you may be in danger of the judgment.(old son )

2. YU_First 1 profile image62

I do not even think I want to live for eternity.

Living as it is, wears one down and we keep moving from one engagement to another.

Imagine having to keep thinking about what one's next big thing or big project should be for eternity!

It is stressing enough having to thing about what will be a good dinner because veggies were had for lunch or something like that :-

Pretty much like the Phoenix in the Indian folk lore where after having been rewarded "eternity" by God for having been strong willed not to give in to Eve's persuasions to also test the forbidden fruit the way all the other animals had given in.

We see that the phoenix eventually becomes burdened by its many years and longs to die burning itself out of its own free will.

It is later reborn, new and ready to face the world again.

1. profile image0

but you will live for eternity one place or another,the alternative to glory is quite gloomy.shelah.

3. profile image0

the sheep knows their masters voice and he likewise knows them if one strays off and becomes lost the master will leave the flock in search of the one and bring it once again to home,its good to know you have one so loving and dedicated to his flock,to spend eternity in his grace.amen

Sheeple~
                  is often used to denote persons who submit to authority, and thus undermine their own human individuality.

The implication of sheeple is that as a collective, people believe whatever they are told, especially if told so by authority figures, without processing it to be sure that it is an accurate representation of the real world around them.

Yes Jerami, you just continue to go on believing god will answer your prayers. Those who pray for food will starve to death.

2. profile image0

the(Eye of  the Needle) is the small personal entry door beside the main entry gate of the old city of  Jerusalem not a sowing needle in the pariable a rich man could get in by unburdening his camels and couch them through the eye of the needle(heaven)let him with wisdom hear.shalom

I am stunned by your cruel and hateful words, Jerami. Say that to the faces of the starving in person. sad

15. earnestshub profile image81

Totally void of compassion or understanding.

Your god is either active or not.

If he is active in a world of the starving then he is a murdering piece of filth and totally psychotic.

Fortunately the fact of his non existence and mythological composition is a better explanation than he can't change anything, or it was pre-ordained by some myth.

Why does god change from helping some bloody dopey religious fanatic while he allows the death of an innocent child.

How can you even imply that without feeling?

The population myth is another strawman.

Population is due to level out at a sustainable level. The figures are in.

While still holding on to absurd beliefs, some people try to rationalize that they can still be decent. 
      Not seeing the extreme prejudices in holding such beliefs, they blindly defend an ultra-selfish motive.

To think that God would favor me over those poor starving children would require a degree of narcissism that I'm not willing to assume.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. My life no matter how good it is, is worth no more than anyone else's.

To think otherwise is megalomanic.

Getitrite
        That makes you sound so hollier than thou. God doesn't favor you at all. Does that seem better?
        You are narcissistic
        If you put others down you must feel superior to them.

to earnest.. try saying that when a gunman has a gun on you and some other guy you don't know and the grounds for survival are, pick one to live and one to die.

You are patheists. Everything you say is inference, conjecture, speculation, lies, atrocities, crap. You do not see the mote in your own eye and yet you yell against a better good than yourselves because the good you yell at is not good enough.
        hypocrites.
        It would be better if you had a book to quote than hear your rubbish.

2. profile image0

mankind has brought these plagues upon its self yet blame a loving father for their transgressions the law was given first to the Jew then to the gentile that you may have life and more in abundance ,but mankind has spurned the law and now he will spew you forth as vial vomit for you are worthy think not that you will gain anything on the day of judgment for your time is now learn the word whilst their is still time you are on one side or the other you are with god or you appose him ,amen

16. Jerami profile image58

Why do we not make our politicians do something about it.

God is no less compassion than we are as a whole.
      Can humanity take any of the blame.
         After all we have free will and we freely will things to be the way that they are.

Cagsil keeps telling us that we are gods.  IF so ..Why can we not do something about this situation?

As Cagsil said..  If he was God; he wouldn't help someone that wouldn't help themselves.

Love of this life is not what it is supposed to be about.

earnestshub wrote ...How can you even imply that without feeling?
    ===================================

I have feelings about a lot of things that I can do nothing about. Can'T change the laws of nature, doesn't mean that I don't feel bad about it.

You don't feel bad about it, you could care less.

Yes, you can do something about it, Jerami. Pray to your god to give them food. Simple. If your god feeds you, he will feed them.

1. profile image0

you have said a truth.amen

17. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

The Creator-God Allah YHWH says in Quran:

[2:187] And when My servants ask thee about Me, say: ‘I am near. I answer the prayer of the supplicant when he prays to Me. So they should hearken to Me and believe in Me, that they may follow the right way.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=186

18. kess profile image61
    kessposted 13 years ago

The pupose of you living this life is for you to see and observe death just as you can see and observe life.

Now all things are for good even including death because they are for the purposes of Life.

You must realize that death works also in you and it is your  sole responsibility to free yourselves from it's bondage.

Now unless you are free yourselves you are in no position to free another.

What if those starving chldren were given food and they still die at a later date... were they actually better off if they have not broken death shackles.

Those who stand in judgement and point accusing fingers are just as guilty, for they are not lifting up but merely pulling down.. and this is the way of death and they re employed in it's service.

Look, observe and KNOW that the purpose of your Life is to be LIFE yourself.

In other words, you believe the starving deserve to die just so you can observe their deaths. They are better off dying a horrible agonizing death while you live.

I hope you live forever.

1. kess profile image61
        kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perfect picture of "christian, pharisees" who sees a sin within themselves and then passes it off on another.

If you know these children are starving why are they then still starving?

Do you yourself have not seen it as important that they be fed?

So therefore just as the Pharisees, hypocrites, asking others to do what you yourself will not do.....

Your god refuses to feed them, but instead answers the prayers of traveling to Disneyland.

I ask your god to feed them. He feeds you, doesn't he? Why not them?

1. profile image0

man does not live by bread alone.amen

When god provides you with plenty of bread, its an easy thing to say, isn't it?

hes been told babies go to heaven BUT
          HE CAN'T ACCEPT THAT BABIES GO TO HEAVEN BECAUSE HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN GOD AND YET HE BLAMES GOD FOR STARVING BABIES!!!

lol lol lol
          theres a name for that
          lol lol lol

sad, really sad, depressing even
          how give us your embarassed face
          heres a hanky for the egg

1. profile image0

even the devil knows theirs a god .amen

19. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

healing and miracles are two different things.
       a miracle is instantaneous or obvious.
         healing takes longer as it is a process of healing which is what the word healing means... hows my cut, it is healing fine for example.

jesus said often, "your faith has made you whole". Some of these were miracles.
    We find people have faith at different levels. Some say "Lord but say the word and my son shall be healed". "Lord nay do not come to my house but say, here, the word and it shall be done". Some say "help thou my unbelief".

I recall praying for a quadriplegic. I wanted him out of his wheelchair and when i prayed he just sat there. I recognized that his faith level or his want was not about to make him attempt to get out of the chair while i was praying, which i thought would have been a good show of faith. I saw no signs of struggle to walk.
    That was a bit depressing as i felt i was wasting my time, but no time in the things of God is a waste. Today he walks like no doctor ever thought but still in a wheelchair. Was i looking for a miracle? or did i induce a healing? I may never know, clearly i did not get the miracle.

God always answers prayer, Yes, No and Not Yet. Not Yet is the most common because patience is important. A lot of new christians pray amiss, they are all excited and want everything God has to give them right now, but did your parents give you everything you wanted as a child or a baby? Were you driving the famiy car into town at age 10? No. Due to age (maturity) and physical ability you were denied things for good reasons, the same with God. James reminds us not to pray a miss (as opposed to praying a hit or on the nose or the nail) Lord give me the lottery and i will buy you a church! hehe, God don't need you to buy him a church and the most important thing, what will you do with the left over $? Its the riches and camel thing again, very important.

So i never worry about unanswered prayer for another reason. Prayer is a tool for the christian, God says love your enemies, so how do you show that, you pray for them. God says that prayer will help in times of temptation to resist the adversity - this one works the most. Prayer is a tool for the molding of the Believers heart. Most requests should be for others and not ourselves, y'know selfish prayers. Make my sports team win the series while the other team supporters pray the same for the other team. That prayer will never get answered. If i am praying for the victims of flooding i am actually softening my own heart as well. I am conditioning my mind say if i go over on missionary work i am already contrite to their situation.
    As hard as it to believe, God hears all prayer. While he may ignore some Pharisaical prayers (pretentious, selfish, hatefilled, greedy etc) the heart of sincerity he always listens to. And allow me another few minutes to try and clarify how this happens.
    recall when jesus was asleep in the boat (because he had a tough and very busy day healing and preaching huge masses of people, mark 4:35) and the waves beat the boat, they came, woke jesus and said, "the boat sinks do you not care?" approximately... Jesus spoke to the waves and wind and said "peace unto you", approximately.. well, the sea and wind do not have ears and neither can they hear, so how was this done?

What is so amazing about God is that he spoke the universe into being and here is his son speaking to nature to be calm. God works on the macro and micro levels. Do i think that atoms surprised God.. Hey jesus look at this, atoms.. God wasn't surprised. God lives on another level from our natural world and he is through all, around all, above all, in all and beside all, as active as he needs to be, he created all in fact the very Laminin that holds the universe together:
    http://refreshingword.org/laminin.aspx

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/hangingout1/christian%20photos/laminin.jpg?t=1285564938

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/blackvize/Extreme_Insanity_by_animefairyofdar.png

you shouldn't talk about yourself this way, besides we already know.

2. profile image0

Extreme Insanity iz an unwilliness to obay god.

and an inability to spell is an indication of lower than normal mental ability.

20. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Un answered prayer in point of you is answered one in point of  GOD.

your welcome

21. profile image51

The prayers are a tool for attaining nearness to the Creator-God Allah YHWH and the prayers are answered/accepted generally but sometimes these are not accepted if:

1.    The fulfillment of the prayer is against the interest of the one who prays.
    2.    The fulfillment of the prayer is against the other attributes of the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For knowing more about the prayer and its philosophy, one may read the following book by the Promised Messiah 1835-1908:

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Bl … Prayer.pdf

"If someone is in doubt because some prayers are
      not accepted and are apparently ineffectual, I would
      say that the same is also true of medicines. Have
      medicines closed the door of death, or is it impossible
      for them to fail in their purpose? And yet can anyone
      deny their effect? It is true that Predestination
      comprehends everything, but it has neither rendered
      the sciences useless nor has it shown the means to be
      unreliable.

If you reflect deeply enough, you will see
      that the physical and spiritual means are not outside
      the sphere of Predestination. For instance, if a sick
      person’s destiny is favourable, all the means for the
      proper remedy become available and his physical
      condition happens to be such that it is ready to derive
      full benefit from the remedy, and the medicine also
      finds its mark accurately.

The same principle applies
      to prayer. All the means and conditions for the
      acceptance of a prayer only become available when
      God wills to accept it. God Almighty has bound both
      the physical and spiritual orders in the same chain of
      cause and effect. Thus, it is a gross mistake on the
      part of Sayyid Sahib to accept the physical order and
      to deny the spiritual one.

I deem it necessary to add that if Sayyid Sahib does
      not repent of his erroneous assumptions and insists on
      being given proof of the acceptance of prayers, then
      let him know that I have been commissioned to dispel
      such misconceptions and I promise to inform him of
      the acceptance of some of my prayers beforehand,
      and I will even go so far as to publish them. But
      Sayyid Sahib too should affirm that he will give up
      his false ideas when it has been proved that I am true
      in my claim."

2. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
      jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Every prayer heared and answered . Depend up on our acceptence we may call answered & unanswered.

22. earnestshub profile image81

Show proof of even one answered prayer and I will appoint you as my god! lol lol lol

brother yochanan found his car keys
      now bow down

23. ryancarter profile image60
    ryancarterposted 13 years ago

To pray for the sole reason of getting an answer in return is merely putting God to the test. To constantly look for proof, like Earnest does, is going to lead you to a meaningless life of "see, Christians, I told you so..." moments when you just gloat over other people's misfortunes.

Yeah we can all type in this forum that we really feel for the sick children, and that our lives aren't worth anymore than anyone else'. Instead of proving God, just prove yourself and your own claims.

As for unanswered prayers, no answer is still an answer isn't it? Unless you're not OK with getting a "NO".

1. profile image51

I agree with you

hes not okay with NO. hes so fearfully afraid hes made the biggest mistake of his life, hes just plain desperate and so very angry. He needs to keep a page opened on hubpages 24/7 just to put up his fetid one liners.

That's sickness and blind desperation
      now give us your happy face, close the hubpages browser and have a lovely, normal life.

24. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

I am stunned and appalled at the cruelty and lack of compassion the believers of this forum exhibit in order to support their beliefs in their gods. The ugliness and hatred of religion has revealed itself here in ways that cannot be described in words.

I am deeply saddened.

Paleeeze...your not saddened. roll I've been to Japan and back and find you singing the same old tune. lol

This just goes to show that the main aim of the deluded person is to support the delusion.

They MUST know that they are supporting horrific, callous, psychopathic nonsense, with no respect for human life whatsoever.  But the compulsive nature of delusion is too strong even for them to invoke their moral compasses.

Eventhough their concept of God, is that of a complete a$$4ole, they fear His "authority" too much to call Him out. 

If these people were not deluded, they would be extremely ashamed of themselves.

We can conclude that so many of the worlds problems are the result of religious beliefs if that is the case. And yet, believers want the right to have their beliefs, they want the right to have no respect for human life. Shameful.

If mankind survives religious zealotry, humans will look back on these days and will be ashamed.

of course you will dear, now wheres your meds

and your happy face

lol

2. Jerami profile image58

And how exactly is your randing doing anything about any problem.  That isn't feeding a single hungry person.  Just a lot of noise.
          You seem to be full of hate.    Period!!
           If it was not this, it would be something else that you would be hating.

"IF" you were right and convinced everyone that they were wrong in believing in a higher power.. GOD  ..  You have accomplished nothing.  Nothing of any value will have been achieved.

BUT If you are wrong ?  Everyone that you have converted ...   Well I'll just say that their fate is on your head.

I never said I would feed any hungry people.

Quite the contrary.  I actually would not be able to sleep if I thought that God was answering my prayers and not the prayers of the poor starving children, who need the help more than me.
          I could never be that hateful.

Maybe.

What if I convince everyone to believe in a higher power called... the Flying Spaghetti Monster

3. hanging out profile image60

I am stunned and appalled at the cruelty and lack of compassion the atheists of this forum exhibit in order to support their nonbeliefs in their false gods. The ugliness and hatred of atheism has revealed itself here in ways that cannot be described in words.

I am deeply saddened.

This just goes to show that the main aim of the deluded person is to support the delusion.
      They MUST know that they are supporting horrific, callous, psychopathic nonsense, with no respect for human life whatsoever.  But the compulsive nature of delusion is too strong even for them to invoke their moral compasses.
      Even though their concept of atheism, they fear too much to just understand.
      If these people were not deluded, they would be extremely ashamed of themselves, repent and love God

We can conclude that so many of the worlds problems are the result of atheistic beliefs. And yet, nonbelievers want the right to have their nonbeliefs, they want the right to have no respect for human life. Shameful.
      If mankind survives atheist zealotry, humans will look back on these days and will be ashamed.

lol
      wotalotofrot you do speak. All that blabber and not one fact, just your own outdated inferences intrinsically designed to support not one iota of truth but your own delusions that you are right. Hey atheists are the minority around the world... better get off that train your on, its heading for a wreck.
      funny

4. profile image0

bitterness and hatred can only end in one way destruction of the soul, but their are those who have sold their soul to the devil,god said if you be ashamed of me then also on that great day shall i be ashamed of you.and no recompense shall be found in you and your blood shall be upon your hands and the blood of the saints and your reward shall find you out,and no alternate poet shall save you.amen

Do you have point to your sermon?

25. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

It could be that the "recipient of said prayers" is simply busy.

After all, there are about 7 billion people on the planet.

26. phildazz profile image68
    phildazzposted 13 years ago

I once wrote on my Facebook page that "I love God, the bafflement of my soul". After reading most of the comments here, I'll say, God is the bafflement of all of our souls. Everything that is said here is conjectures. We are born without faith and everyone is conditioned to their environment as far as place of birth, religion if any, culture, customs, etc. Depending on how/where we were raised will determine whether we acquire faith or we believe in God. The fascinating thing about life is, whatever belief we attach ourselves too in this life time, when we die, we will leave our attachments right here on earth where we found them.

The nature of things is, "nothing comes by guess", not even the air we breathe, the clothes we wear, the Tsunamis that kill thousands. Then why would anyone think the earth and universe appeared by guess? I would have to say they were created by a creator just as everything else is created by someone or something.

The question we must ask ourselves is, if god is eternal, then everything exists within God, otherwise, we can not say God is eternal. Do you agree? If God is eternal? then the good, the bad, the urgly, the evil, the poor, the rich, heaven, earth, etc. can not exist outside of God because this will take away the eternity aspect of God.

The question of God answering prayers or not? Here's my answer. I personally have a difficult time trying to figure out my own life and I'm a nobody. Could you imagine me, trying to figure out why God answers prayers or not? I don't think so. Off all the answers or comments that I've read so far, everyone has fail to state this crucial fact. If you are the owner of something? wouldn't you do as you please with it. God owns everything, I think God has the same rights as us, to do what pleases God. Answering prayers or not answering prayers is God's right to do as will.

If you don't like my answer? remember, when any of us leave this earth, we have to go exactly as we came when we were born, with out anything, no faith, no conjectures, no money, no woman.. that one hurts. no car..Oh my God, and most of all no religion, definitely no religion.

What will I say to God when it's my time to leave? Thank you very much for my journey or life on earth, it was worth the experience. I tasted allot of it, pain, love, sorrow, defeat, sickness, pleasure, bitter tears, sunshine smile, death, laughter, ganja, hangovers, the tropics; oh God, Canadian winters are so damn cold, can I visit when the summers get to be as long as the winters? Whatever I may say, there isn't a day I awake that I will not say "Thank you God for this day" amen.

Yes, it pleases god to send peoples kids to Disneyland, to find car keys and parking spots and other such inanities. It must also please him to refuse food to the starving and watch as thousands die in agony every day.

What will the tens of thousands of small children say to god after they die of starvation? Will they be thanking god for living a life of horror and dying in agony?

27. earnestshub profile image81

Jesus was a bigger liar than any used car salesman I know!

And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen.  "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."  (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

Moved any mountains lately? smile

1. ryancarter profile image60
      ryancarterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seriously, have you ever tried it WITHOUT doubt? Jesus wasn't lying...

No I have more than doubts.
        I would lie to see any christians doing it. smile

28. lucieanne profile image68
    lucieanneposted 13 years ago

What if there just isn't a God?
    I like to think there is, because, being human, I need some kind of comfort blanket, and I like to believe that every time my children return home safely from their travels, work, nights out etc, it's because my God has answered my prayers. I don't pray for much, although I do say 'thanks' for all the blessings I receive on a daily basis. I'm not rich (far from it) and I don't drive a car. I don't own my own home and I don't go on holiday very often. I don't earn a lot of money (obviously) and sometimes I wonder how the hell I'm going to put the next meal on the table. But you know, every day, I'm more swayed to believe that there is a God. Perhaps we don't always get what we want, but faith finds a way to give us what we need.

I believe you already have what you need, and it has nothing to do with any bronze aged myth. smile

29. sharon e dix profile image60
    sharon e dixposted 13 years ago

I hope I have the question correct. How do you explain unanswered prayer. Let us start with the simple look at the beauty of the sky, the going of the wind, the tear that flows down a face may it be laughter or pain. So many things in Life are complex yet so simple. I have to believe that the bible is the source of all answers. So let us look at the word of God , Lets do this maybe I will do a hub on this subject ,so for know I will tell you that the Lord does know what is best and all prayers are stored in golden vials and in his perfect timing he (the Lord) pours them out.found in revelations,for those who are not familiar with the bible that is the last book in the bible. This is why the word says trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your understanding and he will direct your path. till next time , may all your dreams come true Sharon e Dix

So why are poor starving dying children in Cambodia and Africa not receiving what's stored in these golden vials?  They need it more than any of us. NOW!  They can't wait for God's "perfect timing"

The understanding of the lord sometimes seems like a vicious con game, so I have to lean to my own understanding.

1. Disturbia profile image61
        Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sick to death of all this chatter about starving children.

Instead of pissing and moaning about God's unanswered prayers and the world's starving children, do something positive and contributation to one of the following relief organizations on this website:

http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/in … al/famine/

I mean, if you're all really so concerned about starving children and not just huffing and puffing smoke up everyone's butts.

Disturbia, you are somehow missing the point of this debate.
          The OP is:  How Do You Explain Unanswered Prayer?
          This is not about the starving children, however the starving children serve as a thorn in the side of believers, and makes them post the most mindless nonsense.

I'm sickened by the thought of children starving to death, however, in this debate, this issue serves as a reminder to believers that their beliefs are insane.

So the starving children issue is very relative to the OP.

With dishonesty being the foundation of the believer's premise, all preceding responses will reveal that dishonesty. So far I have seen some extremely absurd and dishonest responses.

The believers only have to admit that God DOES NOT answer prayers, because God is imaginary. And this starving children issue will dissolove instantly.

But, of course, that would require honesty, which they just can't grasp as this time.

1. aguasilver profile image70
            aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK, now we see your true colours:

"And this starving children issue will dissolove instantly."

Really?

Can all the Christian aid workers come home then, can believers stop donating millions yearly to relief programs, can we stop building hospitals and schools in countries that are run by corrupt secular leaders who shun and sometimes kill our workers.

The 'starving children' are just (to you) an invented reason to supposedly put your satanic inspired claw into believers sides.

You care not one jot about them, or you would be doing something.

Prayer is answered by all these workers and donors who are fighting against a corrupt world system to save those who they may.

All you can do is try to score cheap points by blathering your mantra daily.

You should be ashamed.

THIS IS A TRULY DESPERATE KNEE JERK REACTION.
              YOU HAVE TAKEN MY WORDS COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I WAS REFERRING TO HUBPAGES.  IN OTHER WORDS "THIS STARVING CHILDREN ISSUE WILL DISSOLVE AS AN ISSUE HERE ON HUBPAGES---NOT IN THE DAMN WORLD.

WHAT A FOOLISH, FOOLISH, FOOLISH KNEE JERK REACTION, JUST TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK MORALLY SUPERIOR.  YOU ARE NOT.

WHAT ON EARTH WOULD MAKE YOU THINK THAT I MEANT THIS IN THE CONTEXT THAT YOU ARE IMPLYING?  I GUESS YOUR GOD MAKES YOU SEE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SEE, IN ORDER TO SUPPORT YOUR DELUSION.

JUST FOR THE RECORD, I'M A FORMER SOCIAL WORKER.  I EVEN STATED IN MY RESPONSE, THAT I'M SICKENED BY THE PLIGHT OF THESE POOR STARVING CHILDREN.  I FULLY SUPPORT ALL EFFORTS TO ERADICATE THE SUFFERING OF THESE CHILDREN.  I ALSO VOLUNTEER ON A REGULAR BASIS AT PANTRIES AND SOUP KITCHENS.  IN MY STATE, I ORGANIZE A ONE DAY RELIEF PROGRAM FOR ALL THE HOMELESS VETERANS IN THE STATE, CALLED THE "STANDDOWN"

AGAIN, YOU MADE AN EGREGIOUS ERROR, IN TAKING MY STATEMENT COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT. YOU WERE SO QUICK TO JUDGMENT.

I'M SICKENED BY THE THOUGHT THAT THERE ARE CHILDREN STARVING, SUFFERING AND DYING.  IN THE PAST, I HAVE EVEN GIVEN FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO MY FRIEND JULIE WHO IS A MISSIONARY IN THESE WAR-TORN COUNTRIES.

PLEASE STOP YOUR INANE PREACHING, AND TRY TO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IS ACTUALLY BEING SAID.

A PURELY OFFENSIVE AND BLATANTLY FALSE ACCUSATION.

Aqua, I'm deeply offended by the accusations that you have leveled against me.  However, being a professional writer, I also understand that words do have different meanings, and that since we are not face-to-face, the meaning of what I thought I was conveying was not APPARENT. 

I'm not going to say that you should be ashamed, but I do believe you owe me an apology--you did in fact misrepresent me here on the forum.

Getitrite, all I have done here is expose your inner motives, to attack any believer in any way possible, using any manner you (as a professional writer) have at your disposal.

My reply to you, reflects fairly accurately your reply to MANY believers, who it seems you consider fair game for castigation simply because they believe different to you.

If that smarts, then remember how it feels before you glibly attack someone who is of faith.

Aquasilver,

A simple apology would have sufficed.

If not, I would ask that you not respond to any of my post in the future.

This kind of evil is the reason I'm not a religious fanatic like you are.  Your blatant disrespect, and misrepresentation of my comments here on hubpages is a testament to the psychotic, narcissistic nature of your beliefs.

I have never misrepresented anyone here on hubpages.  If I have I would be quick to issue an apology.

You, on the other hand, having an imaginary God that you think aids your foolish perceptions, think you are given the right to slander others, then, arrogantly, proclaim a victory for your stupid, nonsensical, psychopathic God.

YOUR GOD SUCKS!!!

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61

getitrite, I just read aquasilver above message to you. Honestly, you are offended by the truth of your behavior. I have witnessed many times in the christian forums where you have misrepresented me and others by calling us delusional and all kinds of ugly names. I never seen an appology from you, but yet you feel that you deserve an appology from someone who is just speaking the truth about what you are obviously doing. Another one of your tricks. Lord have mercy on you.

2. alternate poet profile image67

No - you have not "exposed getitright's inner motive" you have twisted what he said in a very straightforward manner.

This a normal christian trick, lies, deceipt and lack of all the values christians call christian.

Thanks, AP.  I hope everyone else here can also see the lack of morals in fanatical believers.

It's downright evil.

2. aguasilver profile image70

Another one quoting from some obscure handbook on how to twist reality.... keep up the good work.

Getitrite clearly showed his stance when he illustrated for all and sundry that this whole 'starving child' bleat is nothing more than a distraction to you guys, used to try and disrupt free speech and discussion on topics you all hate.

2. pisean282311 profile image62
            pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

starving children is reality...infact in the world where we live which includes all kinds of believers with all kinds of books and religion as well as all kinds of non believers with their versions ..the reality is that world has 1 out of 7 people starving...we may give god , no god , god's will and any such reasons but that doesnot change the reality...it is better if we forget the tags and unite as plain humans to answer such reality...

Agree totally, I simply am fed up of sycophantic atheists bleating that Christ does not care for the starving, because His people are in every country where there is need, and if the world system, run by non believers, no matter what they call themselves, would stop their program of selective eugenics, then those children could be helped more.

Show me an atheist run aid program and maybe they have some right to question believers, until then, as just admitted by Getitrite, they only view the starving children as pawns in their sick game of goading believers.

Hypocrites and shams the lot of them.

1. pisean282311 profile image62

atheist run aid program ?...well i dont think there is anything like that...yes there are various non religious ngos and bodies all around the world but they have people from every faith or no faith which participate..for e.g. i am not religious person and dont believe in any religion but i am associated with three different ngos who also are not religious oriented but they do great work as far as uplifting people are concerned...so i dont think i need religion to do something for which i feel for...i do for my own sake because those issues are close for my heart...humanity can exist without religion too...in ngos i talked about there are people who believe in god and there are people who dont believe in god too...

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61

I sure am fed up with it also.

But, you and every other believer have created this situation by making claims that god answers your prayers. And, to try and justify the obvious contradictions this situation blatantly exposes, believers attempt to fabricate stories or make it seem like it's all mans fault and not the fault of your god for answering your prayers and not those of others.

The simple and honest answer is that your god doesn't answer anyone's prayers. He doesn't send kids to Disneyland, he doesn't feed you, he doesn't find your car keys or parking spots and he doesn't feed the starving.

These are all problems of our world and reality that we have to deal with and solve ourselves and no amount of praying to your god is going to make one iota of difference.

If you're really fed up with it, then stop claiming your god answers your prayers. smile

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61

Clever trick Beelzedad,  You will never stop me from praying. Prayer is a daily part of my life. Sorry that bothers you.

I don't quite understand what you are saying.  But if you are implying that I'm saying that this is not real, then, you have grossly misunderstood what I meant to convey.

Please read me post again and you will see that I meant that the debate over the issue of the starving children would disappear, NOT the reality.

So the starving children would get no mention if we believers would just have acquiesce to your rants!

I see, they are only useful to discuss in the context of goading believers.... now I understand your compassion for them, totally self centered to your personal 'spin' plan.

Very commendable, keep digging.

no i was talking to aguasilver...it is reality that 1 out of 7 starve in the world ...

If Christians would admit that their god does not answer their prayers, like sending their kids to Disneyland, there would be no need to "chatter about starving children."

It is the contradiction of answered prayers that is the point here. The good Christians here feel that praying to send a kid to Disneyland is far more relevant than the prayers of starving children.

smile

lol Disneyland...Disneyland, boy you just aren't gonna let that one go are ya. Why should an person who believes in a higher being admit anything to someone looking for an argument to justify his disbelief? roll

"The good Christians here feel that praying to send a kid to Disneyland is far more relevant than the prayers of starving children."

Thank you einstein for telling all the Christians how they feel. Really Mr. Beelzedad...are you an empath? wink

When the belief is such a contradiction from reality, a belief that is without compassion and smacks only of cruelty, then it demands justification.

smile

30. profile image51

The Promised Messiah 1835-1908 mention in his book "The Blessings of Prayer" about acceptance of the prayers:

Now, for the benefit of the general public, I will
    briefly set out the facts about the acceptance of
    prayer. Let it be clear that this subject is part of the
    larger subject of prayer, and it is a matter of principle
    that one who is not conversant with the fundamentals
    of a subject is bound to be mistaken and deceived in
    understanding its branches. This is why Sayyid Sahib
    has also been mistaken.

Prayer, in essence, means a
    relationship of mutual attraction between a righteous
    person and his Lord. This means that God’s grace
    first draws a person towards Himself, and then,
    through the magnetism of the person’s sincerity, God
    draws closer to him. In the state of prayer this
    relationship reaches a point where it manifests
    wonderful qualities. When a man in grave difficulty
    falls down in prayer with perfect certainty, perfect
    hope, perfect fidelity, and perfect resolve; and when
    he becomes perfectly alert and advances far into the
    field of self-annihilation, tearing aside all veils of
    heedlessness, lo and behold, he finds before him the
    Divine threshold, and he perceives that God has no
    associate. His soul then prostrates itself at the Divine
    threshold and the power of attraction that is invested
    in him draws the bounties of God Almighty towards
    him.

It is then that the Glorious God attends to the
    fulfilment of the desired objective, and casts the effect
    of the prayer on all the preliminary means, which, in
    turn, produce the means that are essential for the
    achievement of the objective. For example, if the
    prayer is for rain and it is accepted, all the natural
    means which are necessary for causing rain are
    created as a result of the prayer. If the prayer is for
    famine, the All-Powerful One creates the opposite
    means. And this is why the eminent recipients of
    revelation and men of perfection have proven with
    their extraordinary experiences that the prayers of a
    perfect one are endowed with a power of creation.

That is to say, under Divine command, prayer
    influences the lower and higher strata of the world
    and sways the elements, heavenly bodies, and hearts
    of men towards the desired objective. There is no
    shortage of such examples in Divine scriptures. In
    fact, some kinds of miracles are also the result of the
    acceptance of prayer. Prayer is the source of the
    thousands of miracles shown by Prophets as well as
    the marvels that have been displayed by the saints to
    this day. And, more often than not, it is through
    prayers that the supernatural signs of Divine
    Omnipotence are manifested.

31. thirdmillenium profile image62
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Whether you pray or not, God will decide what to give you and what not. Your prayers do not have anything to do with what gives you

32. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 13 years ago

Because you're praying to a false god

33. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

An unanswered Prayer means lack of belief that the Prayer would be answered. Utilize the power of the subconscious mind and believe that your Prayer would be answered, you would soon be able to see positive things happening.

34. xixi12 profile image68
    xixi12posted 13 years ago

For me unanswered prayer means something bigger coming my way soon. God knows what is good for us and gives us something even bigger than what we asked for.

35. Dim Flaxenwick profile image79
    Dim Flaxenwickposted 13 years ago

I´ve always believed that all prayers are answered,  but sometimes the answer is ¨NO

36. earnestshub profile image81

And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

Jesus lie didn't he?

He also told you ya could literally move a mountain into the sea too. smile
    Biggest bullduster since his old man with the fire and brimstone! lol

37. profile image49
    lefty77posted 13 years ago

Gods ways are not our ways and a thousand years to us is but one day to the Lord, Cannot quote the scrip.Life is a journey, not a destination and I believe that we are being prepared for the next level of that journey.

38. earnestshub profile image81

Prayers are fairy wishes.

No fairies, so no answer.

Simple really. smile

39. profile image51

More from the Promised Messiah on the above topic:

There are times when
    saints and Prophetsas consider it disrespectful to pray
    for a certain thing. At such times, the sages have
    acted upon the dictates of their hearts; which means
    that when they were confronted with a trial they
    would pray if their heart’s dictate was to pray, but if it
    called for endurance they would endure and refrain
    from prayer. Besides, God Almighty has never
    promised to accept all prayers, but has said clearly
    that He will accept or reject prayers as He desires.
    The following verse clearly states this point:

Nay, but on Him alone will you call; then will He remove that which you call on Him to remove, if He please.—Al-An‘am, 6:42

Even if we condescend to accept that in this context
    the word 'Pray' refers to prayer in general, we will
    have to affirm that the prayer referred to here is that
    which complies with all the necessary conditions; and
    we know that it is not in the power of man to meet all
    these conditions by himself unless he is helped by
    God.

One should also remember that humility and
    anguish alone is not enough for prayer to be accepted,
    for it also requires righteousness, purity, truthfulness,
    perfect certainty, perfect love and perfect attention.
    Moreover, it is also essential that the object prayed
    for should not be opposed to the Divine scheme of
    things and should not be against the welfare of the
    supplicant, or the one on whose behalf he prays, both
    in this world and the hereafter.

It often happens that
    although all other conditions have been fulfilled, the
    object prayed for happens to be against the Divine
    scheme of things with regard to the supplicant, and no
    good can come of granting such a prayer. For example, if a dear child of a mother should cry and
    beg her to hand it a burning brand or a snake, or to
    feed it a poison which seems agreeable, the mother
    would never fulfil such a wish. Were she to do so, and
    even if the child were to escape with its life and were
    to lose one of its limbs, it would certainly grow up
    with a strong grievance against the foolish mother.

40. rocketjsqu profile image74
    rocketjsquposted 13 years ago

O.K., so I've read through the entire thread.  I've seen the answer woven into several replies.  So forgive me for repeating it again in simple format. 

There are no unanswered prayers.  God answers every one of them.  He hears them all, and answers them all. 

If the answer to your prayer request is no, then it will appear God is not answering you.  However, in reality He is answering your prayer, just not in the way that you're expecting it.

In reference to the posts regarding the starving children.  In a fairytale land that many have referred to it would be unjust to not answer a request to feed all the starving children around the planet.  Unfortunately, to wave a magic wand and "poof!", food for everyone would not solve the problem of starvation. 

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.  Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." 

So if God is so perfect and so powerful, why not create a perfect world in the first place? 

He did!!!

He also gave mankind the right to choose.  A simple choice, choose to obey Him, or not. 

Unfortunately the wrong choice was made and we have been suffering the consequences ever since. 

Starvation in the Sudan or Cambodia did not just happen at the snap of someones fingers.  It has evolved into a tragic condition through a series of choices made by a host of different individuals. 

God is not to blame for these conditions.  It is by freewill, the will to follow a poor leader, or the will to gradually allow your freedoms to be eroded into slavery, that have brought these conditions upon mankind.

God answers every prayer.  The answer, although it may seem to be in conflict with our understanding of God's plan, will always be for the greater good.  God operates on a much broader perspective than what we can see from our limited viewpoint.  He knows the end from the beginning.

1. pisean282311 profile image62

well do you think affluent countries are following god and so are affluent ?..well world politics doesnot run that way and it is collective responsibility of human race ...and if we go by your answers..we choosed to see people starve and turn blind eye to it..now i dont know how god would judge that?

1. rocketjsqu profile image74
        rocketjsquposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As far as affluent countries are concerned, they may be or they may not be following God.  God is a rewarder of obedience, but not necessarily through affluence.  I agree that humanitarian effort is a collective responsibility of all nations.  Because people are starving does not mean anyone turned a blind eye to it and just let it happen.  If you teach someone how to fish, it does not necessarily mean that they will use those skills.  Humanitarian supplies pour into starving nations all the time.  Many times it is the government, war, criminals, or just plain greed that prevents those supplies from reaching those who are in need.  God ultimately judges our heart or in other words by what motivates us to do something or believe something.  If you feel you are doing the best you can, He will judge you accordingly.

Ah, here we go again with the contrived and fabricated excuses to support a belief system. Absolutely shameful. sad

I'm sorry, you lost me.  What contrived and fabricated excuses are you talking about?  Please explain.

SO - the result is exactly the same as if there were no god and no answer.  But of course that nothing is not so attractive or as lucrative as the version where a god does all that and it is exactly the same as doing nothing.

If your child asks you for a cookie, and your answer is no, do you cease to exist?

If the starving pray for a morsel of food, and the answer is no, then yes, they do cease to exist. smile

Let me rephrase my question:
            If a child asks his/her mother for a cookie, and the mothers answer is no, does the mother cease to exist?

1. profile image56
              exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that is good rocketjsqu

No, she does not.

But, when starving children pray for food and god says, "NO" the starving child most certainly ceases to exist, they die.

never mind the mystical cookie - answer the question. 

The RESULT of how you describe your god answering some and refusing others is exactly the same RESULT as no god and random answers.

So the whole thing is in your imagination.

First of all, let me clarify, God answers them all.  He just answers the same question from different people with a different answer.   No two people have ever lived the exact same life experiences.  Therefore, no two people have the exact same thoughts or character.  God answers them differently because he knows their heart.  He does not just look at their current external circumstances to determine His answer.  He knows every decision they have ever made.  He knows what they believe in, what they put their trust in, and what thought processes they use to make their choices in life.  From Gods perspective it is not random answers.

The starving always get a NO! for an answer. Why is that?

It has been my experience that the starving do not "always" get a no for an answer.  Are there people who are starving, and do some of those people die because of a lack of food?  Yes.  Do I know whether they ever even asked God to help them?  No.  If they did ask, did they sincerely believe in their heart that He would help them?  I guess that question can only be answered by the person asking it!

Projection is a very powerful thing. You think of children starving when it is you depriving yourself of sustenance all along.

Their deaths from starvation would be evidence that you're wrong.

They are Christians who believe in prayers, too.

That's a perfect example of what I was referring to earlier of contrived excuses to support a belief system. Shameful.

3. aguasilver profile image70

Amen, that said all that needs to be said.

Thank you.

John

4. Beelzedad profile image59

Well, he answers the prayers of those who want to send their kids to Disneyland, but he doesn't answers the prayers of tens of thousands of starving children.

So, it would appear that you are entirely wrong. smile

1. srwnson profile image60
        srwnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God created a paradise for his children in which there was no hunger, disease. God gave man a choice and he ruined it for himself and his decendants. "Why God won't you answer the questions asked by non-believers." The answer is simply IMO. You don't believe, therefore answer the question for yourself. Have you seen these thousands of starving children sir? Or, do you only see reports. If you have seen the starving and done nothing, being the enlightened individual you claim to be, then you will have helped as best you could. If you haven't seen them, then you really don't know what is causing there starvation. This is the way evil manipulates. Lay the blame on God and forget evil.

God bless those who pray for blessing.

The cruelty of Christian beliefs has no boundaries and is completely devoid of any compassion whatsoever. Shameful. sad

Sounds like you are quoting from some double speak political slogans handbook you picked up in China.

Actually, I'm just looking at the responses from believers here.

Here's the crux of their belief system:

Day 1

Starving child #1: "Dear God, please provide me a morsel of food."
              God: "NO! You will die of starvation today."

Starving child #2: "Dear God, please provide me a morsel of food."

Starving child #3: "Dear God, please provide me a morsel of food."

Starving child #17,000: "Dear God, please provide me a morsel of food."

Day 2

Starving child #1: "Dear God, please provide me a morsel of food."

Starving child #2: "Dear God, please provide me a morsel of food."

Starving child #3: "Dear God, please provide me a morsel of food."

Starving child #17,000: "Dear God, please provide me a morsel of food."

Day 3 and every day thereafter... "NO! You will all die of starvation today."

Good Christian Mother: "Dear God, please send my daughter to Disneyland."
              God: "DONE!"

Sound familiar, aquasilver?  smile

Boringly familiar, it's your mantra and bleat for the day, every day, and as we now see, all it actually is, for those who use it, is a goading point.

One which has been answered many times, yet still you try to catch a fish with your smelly bait.

Now tell me what YOU have done for a starving child today.

Deleted

Celia, my post was aimed at 'Einstein' not you, but I'm glad you fed someone today and have a good 'resonance', as I do normally, mine comes from the Peace of the Lord (which surpasses all understanding) and an infusion of the Holy Spirit.

It does get disrupted at times when the atheist tag team get busy, but your post served as a timely reminder that He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world.

Keep resonating!

John

Yes, I can see how the beliefs of believers are fighting back to repress the sheer guilt their consciences are trying to relay to them.

There are no answers to that question you or any other believer here have honestly provided that hasn't resulted in another contradiction.

I keep praying to your god to feed the starving, but he keeps sending kids to Disneyland and feeding you, instead.

smile

Q, get a burger. Fill that belly.

2. aguasilver profile image70

No guilt relayed, the world feels guilt, believers feel convicted by God, not bleating man.

Apart from praying to a god you deny exists, WHAT ELSE HAVE YOU DONE for the starving children, except use them as a pawn in your deception?

...and I suspect you were lying about praying also.

Did you REALLY pray, in submission to God?

Sounds like I hate WASPS mantra.

now you can't believe report from who and un but believe in something written thousand of years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...starving is real my friend...in same way slavery was real...in same way witch hunting was ...many lives have been lost and history is full of that ..and no god could do anything about it...perhaps god didnt wanted to or god is not real...any god with little bit of compassion would spare kids atleast...if HE doesnot , there are two possibilities...one HE doesnot exist...two He doesnot care...we can create number of other possibilities which suits our faith but it wont change actual reality....

5. profile image51

I agree with the above

6. profile image51

I agree with you on the above point

41. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

When I was young and naive I prayed for hot babes and got a nymphomaniac for a year. So yes god does answer prayers! big_smile

42. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I would pray for some relief from the headache reading all these posts has given me, but instead I'm just going to take some aspirin...  That is how God has answered the prayers in my world, he has given me the intelligence to know how to fix my problems.

Glad to you hear "your world. " is coming along swimmingly.

Now, if only your god could do a bit more giving to other worlds that require a bit more than just aspirin. smile

43. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

(usually if it's 10 pages, there's is more bickering than discussions going on.)

BUT how do "I" explain the unanswered prayer?

I explain it like this.

It is all about resonance.

If you pray and pray hard and know deep inside you are asking for a miracle then no miracle would place. The sheer awareness of the impossibility of what you are asking is already your answer.

However, let me just tell you of a faith healer who when he heals does not even ask anything but declares in full confidence:

It is done, it is done. Yes it is done. Then just as he declared it, the tumor melts, the pain ceases. it was  a miracle. But to the healer, it was not. It was inevitable.

Or someone who knows the money will come because it always does and goes about preparing a way for it to arrive, like for instance: opening a bank account, looking around for investments, getting all the necessary papers ready for the eventual purchase. These are the guys who invite it into their reality. They are the ones who make the miracles happen. To the onlookers it was a miracle to that person, it was meant to be.

Certainty not faith. Certainty that when there is a need, and you are open the universe will fill it.

Starvation is a certainty, in fact, you can't get any more certain than dying from it. smile

Q, starvation exists because there was no recognition of abundance. The fear of lack is what caused starvation.

44. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

The Kabbalah teaches this as the way to receive. Kabbalah is "To receive" Take note, not in any way does it say ask G-d and if G-d wills it.  It is not dependent on G-d's will, it is dependent on what you attract with your state of mind. It is the resonance that makes the difference.

" In order to bring the supernal oil, one must put a smidgen of oil on his jar in order to invite the fullness"

IN other words, be the answer to your prayer and you will invite the rest to expand exponentially. If you want a million dollars in the bank, first put a hundred. If you want a job, first work.  Is it wealth you want? Observe how abundant your life is, how easy it is for you to get paid. Observe it. Validate it.

Is it healing? Observe the minute signs of progress and that will expand.

Are you in denial that your lover does not love you and loves another.  Love yourself and that love will extend towards others inviting one who will love you to come.

Prayer is a declaration of what you are open to experiencing, it should not  be a request. If it is a request, then you already sentenced that thing to be outside of you and outside your capacity to receive.

The idea is G-d put the desire in you, because the fullness is already in the realm of possibility. It is only up to you to open up to the experience of its polar opposite.

The starving have observed their lack of abundance in the face of reality and not in the prayers of a god.

once again, you fail to get the point.

The idea is that if you are certain that there is a way to get to point B from point A, you will find it, versus begging the ether for the answer.

The starving don't get your point either, and never will.

smile

And that is the problem. Poverty is a state of mind that must be addressed. People have to be taught the attitude of abundance.

Poverty is the state of having nothing to eat. But, feel free to tell the starving they need to change their attitude and state of mind. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. smile

You are always missing the root.

The fractal of the complexity and hence failing to see my point altogether.

The starvation that existed in Africa and in the place of you ancestral roots iS CAUSED primarily by the belief in lack.

"We are the world" foundation did not create sustainable source of food because they gave food but taught them that food comes from outside and not generated,

The richest nations of the world have poor natural resources. The wealthy nations created abundance from nothing, whereas natural resources-rich countries have starving people.

Ever wonder why. The belief is different. Those from poor nations have learned that it is the environment that feeds them whereas wealthy nations rely on their own abilities to till the soil and make it work.

It is an attitude of abundance that feeds, it is the resonance.

The certainty that when I give to myself the world joins me .

1. mythbuster profile image72

Nicely said, celiabeltran.

We act on what we believe... if we believe in lack we don't look around to see our resources, then we go outside our area to get resources, we create debt, etc.

If we are able to view our resources and use them appropriately and mindfully, we usually find a wealth of resources.

why, thanks mythbuster.

Christian cruelty prevails.

Yes, you have made it clear the starving need an attitude adjustment, and not food.

smile

are you from highschool or something?

Do you not know THE WEALTH OF NATIONS?

think root cause.

the starving may well indeed need an attitude adjustment but the parents, not the children. In these poor starving, under developed third world nations that practice voodoo, witchcraft, worship elephants and cows, believe in re-incarnation and generally on mass, follow false gods, does it not surprise you that in north america, a CHRISTIAN, nation that we are blessed? Do you wonder why they are underdeveloped? (if you can see development as a blessing of God). Can you not see how God has blessed His nations? Indeed it is a principle of God; all of Gods ways are blessings! the blessings are unavoidable. As america turns away from God unto their own ways Gods blessings will be made null and void of effect and we will see travail happen to the once blessed nation of america as well.
                    But to those that follow not the way of God their ways are fraught with travail. There are christian organizations in africa trying to bring people to Gods ways so they can partake of the blessings of God! These children are being blessed but not outside of Gods ways.
                    Therefore did i say before God is the laminin of all things, that keeps all things together, the constant principle behind the laws of nature.
                    siranddipity said it well when he said How will God get the credit for these followers of false gods if He grants their prayers for food and sprouts a garden in the middle of a desert? to feed them. They will indeed think their garden came from their false gods and then in fact would God be distributing a lie.

45. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

I know I've prayed for a lot of stuff.  They usually don't get answered in the way I wanted them to. But looking back I realized that it worked out better that I didn't get what I thought I wanted. Every hardship I've undergone has made me stronger and I truly feel like I'm meant for something or to do something. Probally something little but still I know that I will find my path soon. This is just my own little experience, I know the world is a tragic place, but I do believe that there is a reason for it all. For every tight spot I've been in there has always been a way out shown to me when I was ready to take it. Maybe I've just been lucky but I don't think so.

The hardship of starvation does not bring strength, but only an agonizing death.

What possible reasoning is there for the prayers of believers to send their kids to Disneyland get answered while prayers for a morsel of food are not?

smile

Q, different name but same concern. Get a burger.

Oh I see, you suspect that only one person here could possibly see the hypocrisy and contradictions of believers.

Okay, aquasilver, different name but same hypocrisy. LOL!

i must admit that is funny lol See Q, I've always know the SNL would sneak out of you.

No problem, aquasilver. Any time. smile

As I have always said...you should really do a script in between burger bites.

you see lack, you create lack

you see randomness, randomness prevails.

Well I suppose the face should explain you stopped thinking past the determinist era.

Try quantum mechanics, maybe you'll get the gist.

The only I see is hypocrisy, contradiction and cruelty from those who have much against those who have nothing.

Yes, I'm sure quantum mechanics will help your god to get going on feeding the starving. Or, not.

smile

You are not getting it.

There is always a root to a great problem and it starts with a thought, a distortion of belief.

You can judge me as having much and so I am ignorant to the plight of the poor if makes you feel better. But you also have to realize that outside of this forum, you don't know who I am or where I came from or what I do.

The fact is, I have tried to fill in the gaps of poverty and you know what...they are still poor no matter what I do.  It was years back that I realized that poverty is really a case of orientation.

Prayers must then also be a case of orientation, or disorientation, depending on who is praying for what. smile

Yes, many people do not understand what prayers are or what they really do.

2. evvy_09 profile image60
        evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm only talking about my personal experience.  I know my hardships are really nothing compared to so many others.   But I have had months of just being grateful to have a friends floor to sleep on.  The only thing they asked in return is if I ever had the oppurtunity to help someone who was in the same situation to do so without hesitation.  I have done so and will never forget them.  But still small hardships and I know that.  I have come far and will go further still because I believe I will.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
          IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It really doesn't matter what the hardship was, especially if it was something that caused you great personal turmoil.  It is just as grave or dire as the next persons hardship is/was; be that starvation or a broken leg.  Don't sell yourself short, or the experiences that you have been through.  Surviving builds character.

46. profile image49
    Sirajyposted 13 years ago

Good relationship with friends and family make a person really happy in life. Strong belief upon God also help us to combat many boring things. Since we believe that when we pray to God then he monitors our activities and hears our smallest sound so we express freely our agony to him as a result mind become free from those agony. You can test it with your friend. Though your friend may be bored about you but not God. So be free with your God.It will increases your confidence too.

47. profile image51

The Promised Messiah elaborates the subject further:

There are, in addition, many other conditions in the
    absence of which a prayer is not worth its name. So
    long as a prayer is not inspired by full spirituality and
    a close connection is not established between the
    supplicant and the person on whose behalf the
    supplication is made, there is little hope that such a
    prayer will be accepted. Unless there is a Divine will
    to accept the prayer all these conditions remain
    unfulfilled and the faculties remain devoid of
    complete attention.

Sayyid Sahib also accepts that the good fortune, the
    bounties, the delights and comforts of the hereafter,
    which constitute salvation, are the result of faith and
    sincere prayers. This being so, Sayyid Sahib is left
    with no alternative but to acknowledge that the
    prayers of a believer do have an effect and do become
    the means of dispelling calamities and of the achievement
    of objectives. If this were not so how would

prayer be of any help on the Day of Judgement?
    Think and reflect carefully, if prayer is indeed a vain
    thing and cannot be a means for the removal of any
    calamity in present life, then how will it become the
    means for doing the same on the Day of
    Resurrection?

It is only too clear that if our prayers
    truly possess the quality of safeguarding us against
    calamities, then this quality should manifest itself in
    this world also, so that our faith and our hope may be
    strengthened and we may pray even more earnestly
    for our salvation in the hereafter. But if prayer
    amounts to nothing and that which has been
    predestined is bound to happen, then just as prayer is
    useless for the tribulations of this world—according
    to Sayyid Sahib—it should also be useless to pin any
    hopes on it in the hereafter.

I do not wish to elaborate upon this subject,
    because all fair-minded readers who study my
    exposition carefully will understand that I have given
    sufficient evidence to prove how completely Sayyid
    Sahib is mistaken in his belief. If Sayyid Sahib still
    does not abandon his obstinacy, I will give him an
    alternative which will take the matter to its
    conclusion. If he is a true seeker after truth, he will
    surely not back away.

Sayyid Sahib’s other book, Tahrir fi Usulit Tafsir12
    stands in complete contrast to the first. It would seem
    that Sayyid Sahib had written these books in a
    delirium. In his book which deals with the acceptance
    of prayers, Sayyid Sahib gives precedence to Taqdir
    [Predestination] and considers natural means to be
    useless, and it is on this ground that he goes on to deny
    that prayers are ever accepted, whereas the fact is that
    prayer is one of the natural means about which more
    than one hundred thousand Prophets and tens of
    millions of saints have given their testimonies.13 What
    else did the Prophets possess, but prayer!

48. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

"That isn't what the Christians here claim, they claim their god provides them with more than just money. You'll need to take that issue up with the believers who make those claims."

I don't care what they believe either so no, I don't have to take it up with them.

"No, it's up to god."

So you left it in Gods hands?

How compassionate lol

49. profile image0
    amorea13posted 13 years ago

I guess the 'religionists' would say it is 'God's Will' - I'm more inclined to think that it is 'personal will'; the free-will each one of us has to make our own decisions about who we are and what we choose. And no, that does NOT mean I don't think there is a 'god' - I am perhaps saying that WE - each of us - are far, far more powerful than we (or others!) give ourselves credit for

I totally agree, so there is no reason to hate the idea of G-d and prayer because well...of the hungry children of the world and the rich WASPS who get to go to disney.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

According to Stephen Hawking, free will is an illusion. If cause and effect are true, then free will cannot be. We are pushed along by events and occurrences which tend to make us choose paths according to those events and occurrences, regardless of our "free will". As for prayer. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Sounds kinda like goal visualization, but offhand, if god is out there, then I suppose that knowing why some are answered and some are not is HIS business.

1. profile image51

What the Atheists Skeptics and Atheists say about it? Please

Of course we all have free will.  The cause and effect is apparent over the whole mass not the individual - but we are all in the same fast flowing stream of time and life and so we are already moving strongly in one direction before we make any move of our own free will.  Like a leaf on a flooding river we can twist and turn and move about but time and space will hardly notice.

50. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

Even God has to have a snooze, maybe He was sleeping when those prayers went through.

1. imperial_han profile image61

God does not sleep...
      prayer is communication with God, between yourself,
      Sometime what make us feel that our prayer wish deserved to listen, or answered? When we are not helping ourself, when we announce that we have faith to God, but we doubt with ourself...

Why we like to complain when something is not going right, and complain when we did not get what we pray for,
      then ...plenty of theory comes up... plenty of comment, when things is God has given us brain and friends, virtue, idea, knowledege, and other so many...that we can work on ourself for the things that we pray for.......

1. Troy C. profile image60
        Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

. The answer just was'nt what you were looking for. It's like when a child asks his parent for somethig. A good parent knows if it good or bad in the long run and makes a decision based on that.

sure, G-d's human. whatev.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)