a question about digg

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (31 posts)
  1. robie2 profile image78
    robie2posted 16 years ago

I joined digg about a week ago and have been digging away enjoying the site. I've found a couple of other hubbers there and have dugg their stuff( and I'd be happy to befriend anyone else who is there for mutual digging in the future:-)  but I have a question for you guys.

I submitted my latest hub( Confessions of a White Knuckle Flier) in the travel section of digg yesterday. Today it is in that right sidebar of travel favorites and has only 3 diggs which hardly seems like enough to qualify it as a favorite-- so how do they decide what becomes a favorite? is it based on something other than the number of diggs and if so what? I'm puzzled. Any light you can shed etc. etc.

2. quotations profile image86
    quotationsposted 16 years ago

Not sure about how digg works. I just joined it myself and am just learning the ropes - but  I really like it. I have digged some other hubbers here. I also checked out your article and "digged" it so now you have 4 diggs!

robie2posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Q--I saw, and now we are friends smile I did a little digging of my own on your submissions while I was there.  It's all very "multi-tasky-ish" and "generation y" over there on digg and I feel like an old fogey, but I'm gonna keep trying. Old dog, new tricks and all that jazz.

3. dinamars profile image59
    dinamarsposted 16 years ago

Hi Robie, I also have an account, though my postings there seem to be very little dugg, hehe big_smile.

dina

tell me your screen name on digg and I'll find you and make you my friend-- the more the merrier:-) I also really like your work btw

1. dinamars profile image59
        dinamarsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

mine is 'dinamars', same as in HP. what is yours? thanks smile.

dina

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 16 years ago

I am also on digg and I will check out peoples diggs.  Digg is a little different, but I am enjoying it.

hi sweetiepie, so you have digg account too, may I know what yours is? thanks.

dina

5. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 16 years ago

I am Bearie23 on digg.  I hope you are having a nice evening there.

6. stephhicks68 profile image87
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

I'm on Digg, too. I think I'm also stephhicks or stephhicks68 there.

7. boycottchapter27 profile image43
    boycottchapter27posted 16 years ago

If you digg me, i'll digg you.... Hubbers unite wink

http://www.digg.com/food_drink/Whats_for_Dinner_Video

hsorloff

1. stephhicks68 profile image87
      stephhicks68posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Great idea -  I will go there in the morning (or sometime tomorrow) and look all of you up!  Yeah... Hubbers unite!

8. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

I am on Digg, too, as inspirepub. (Don't be put off by the gender reversal - hubby and I have the same ID, and he's the one who registered at Digg first. Hmmm, thought - if we had separate accounts, we could double-Digg ....)

I am very happy to Digg Hubs by this crowd!

And to friend anyone who is also a Hubber - just make yourself known.

Jenny

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Digging via the same IP address could very likely raise a red flag.

2. Originplus profile image60
      Originplusposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hey u a double digger !! LOL ( I had to say it)

9. Inspirepub profile image73

Robie2, you're obviously not Robie2 at Digg - who are you?

My realname on digg is Robie Too, screen-name pinkpackrat.  Don't know why but I am very shy about putting my real name,location, age, and personal info all over the internet(am I paranoid????)

I'm gonna befriend you all but let's be careful-- I'm only gonna digg things I like and every time I go to digg I spend at least 10 minutes going thru and digging non hubpages stuff too.  Also  I submit funny news items I come across. Otherwise I would be submitting only my own hubs. As I'm beginning to understand how the site works better I see the point and I don't want to spam digg with my stuff or anybody elses. 

soooo Dinamars, Sweetie Pie , Inspirepub and the rest of you-- see you on digg:-)

10. Evelyn Lim profile image66
    Evelyn Limposted 16 years ago

Hi, I'm also learning how to use Digg and am trying to search for your usernames and add all of you as friends.  It would be lovely if we can help Digg each other's post if we find them good. 

Do add me as a fan or friend here http://digg.com/users/limevelyn.

To more readers,
    Evelyn

11. spuds profile image58
    spudsposted 16 years ago

Be careful about digging to many hubpages. Mix up your diggs by digging plenty of other sites and stories. Otherwise Digg may think you are a "spammer" and potentially you could get banned.

1. kellyfilmgirl profile image60
      kellyfilmgirlposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Right.

Also be careful about Digg trading. Some people were doing that on Digital Point awhile back and another Digger copied all their posts on DP to their Dugg articles and they were soon blacklisted.

wow, ok thanks for reminding this. I'm quite surprised to see many new friends from HP adding me to their account at Digg smile. thanks! I've been reading some of their links as well, quite useful informations so far.

dina

2. Inspirepub profile image73
        Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think it's up to everyone to make sure that we are only Digging quality stuff.

Between the dozen or more of us we have already identified, there are hundreds of Dugg links to look at. I am only going to follow links in my areas of interest, and I expect others will be doing that, too, otherwise we will each end up spending another three hours a day on Digg!

But since I respect the general level of quality of the people here, I will be more likely to check out their listings and Digg them than those of random strangers.

That's the way Digg is supposed to work, so I can't see why people would be thrown off for that.

Jenny

1. kellyfilmgirl profile image60
          kellyfilmgirlposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh no doubt. And I completely agree. smile

I wasn't doubting that you only dugg quality hubs. Just that some of the major players on Digg are, well, a bit petty and sometimes very nasty. I've had some NASTY comments on my articles and videos during my time on Digg.

They've done it to quality, popular bloggers as well. I do believe John Chow was on the bury list for awhile. Not sure if he still is or not.

12. quotations profile image86

This is me on Digg: http://digg.com/users/VictorDoppelt/

If you give me your Digg usernames I will add you as friends. smile

13. Inspirepub profile image73

LOL

We have a network of six computers, soon to be eight, and have had up to 10 staff working out of here - but the network only has one IP address.

I'm not worried, though. I actually Digg things I find interesting, as well as my own stuff. I'm unlikely to get tossed out.

And I'm perfectly happy sharing an account ...

Jenny

14. quotations profile image86

I have added all of you as friends on Digg. Hubbers unite! smile  (VictorDoppelt is my screen name on Digg)

15. boycottchapter27 profile image43

Keep in mind, if 20+ Hubbers "Digg" a story, it can't and won't be considered spam.

Also, Diggers "power" grow when they digg stories that become HOT, so once an article has 20 or so diggs, people will digg it just to be early to the game.

We can have a fun little experiment on the power of digg if we all play nice together wink

http://digg.com/food_drink/Whats_for_Dinner_Video

hsorloff - on Digg

Most diggers are techno-geeks, so stories in the other categories like food or entertainment will have the best chance at making it on the top page with a little help from our friends.

16. boycottchapter27 profile image43

Quick link to my page on digg.

http://www.digg.com/users/hsorloff

Lets make life easy and post these....Let's be friends

HUB ON!!!!

17. Originplus profile image60
    Originplusposted 16 years ago
  18. boycottchapter27 profile image43

How bout some Diggin of the "Woman of Hubpages"

I see a calender, with $$ opportunities wink

http://www.digg.com/odd_stuff/The_Hotte … on_Chicago

19. stephhicks68 profile image87
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

Here's my profile - I am adding you guys as friends:

http://digg.com/users/stephhicks68

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)